Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• Podsy
    Podsy Posts: 13 Forumite
    What phone number are people using to contact Sky to negotiate contract deals please? If you dont have a sky phone? I have tried 03300 412591 and just seem to go round in circles with automated answers. I have given notice on our account and want to see what the best offer I can get is. Someone phoned the other day and said they would call back, but didn't. I have tried using the livechat online but they told me that they couldn't offer such good deals! Looking for either 60% off or 50% off Tv only with £50 credit. Is that realistic? My offer page on my account says 50% off for 12 months, but wondering if I can get better.
  • wilsojer
    wilsojer Posts: 26 Forumite
    Many thanks @Viridia. I'm guessing that I'd need to set up my new account before cancelling hers to avoid loss of service.

Will try this and report back (hopefully with success!).
  • BlueX_2
    BlueX_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    To stay with Sky they have offered me free BB, but full price landlline of £17.40 per month and full price evening and weekend calls of £4 per month.

Is that a good deal? Or can I get better?

Thanks
  • BlueX_2
    BlueX_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Why has my post been moved to 'Phones and tv' when I am asking about broadband deals?
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    "sky Haggling" thread
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I have been with sky for 18 years and have just cancelled as our sky box and remotes are playing up. We want the new sky q - offered it for either £100 with one mini box or £199 with 2 mini boxes, this is an upfront cost. Explained we can't afford that. Only deal they could offer us. we don't really want to leave, will they ring us with new offers?
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Maybe, maybe not.

If you have been paying full price for 18 years (have you?), you may find you actually have to have the TV switched off before the decent offers come in.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,499
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Last year, my "old" SD+ Box was playing up so when I negotiated a new deal, I asked for a new HD+ Box as part of the deal. Had to upgrade my package in order to get the box but then managed to get a cash credit to sweeten the deal!
    HOWEVER, not sure whether that will work now since they seem ultra keen to sell Sky Q.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Flufter wrote: »
    I have been with sky for 18 years and have just cancelled as our sky box and remotes are playing up. We want the new sky q - offered it for either £100 with one mini box or £199 with 2 mini boxes, this is an upfront cost. Explained we can't afford that. Only deal they could offer us. we don't really want to leave, will they ring us with new offers?
    I got no calls this time (didn't expect any until after cancellation was actioned ) and the offer of 50% for 10 months went off the Sky box, but there is a 60% offer on My Sky.
  • I got in touch with Sky yesterday over live chat, best he could offer was 20% discount over 10 months, and kept insisting it was a really good offer! Cancelled the TV and within an hour, had an offer in the Sky Service android app for 50% off for 12 months, and in the My Account area on the TV, for 60% off for 12 months, so signed up to that. Via My Sky, nothing, so 3 different scenarios by each method!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback