Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • steve9881
    • By steve9881 18th Aug 15, 9:03 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    steve9881
    A.S.Parking (newquay)
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:03 PM
    A.S.Parking (newquay) 18th Aug 15 at 9:03 PM
    hi all, became victim last monday to these, during a stay at my step sons. bought a ticket, for Town View, or as there tickets state TOWN VEIW (yes, there spelt wrong!!) which ran out at 5.40pm. at 5.30, i went to purchase a longer 24h ticket, but the machine wouldnt accept my 2 coins, (the machine says it does) so had to pop to a shop for change. upon return, bought the 24h ticket, got back to the car to put ticket in, and found a lovely charge stuck to the window. 5.42pm observed, 5.45 ticketed. Thanks, 100 (or 60 reduced). HELP? is it a simple case of stumping up and biting the bullet? or is this unreasonable? all help grateful!
Page 1
    • Herzlos
    • By Herzlos 18th Aug 15, 9:17 PM
    • 7,664 Posts
    • 7,026 Thanks
    Herzlos
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:17 PM
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:17 PM
    If I understand it correct, AS Parking aren't part of a trade body (Does the ticket mention IPC or BPA?). If that's the case, ignore it and you're sorted - they can't access your details to pursue it.

If they are part of a trade body, then wait for them to send a Notice To .

Keeper in the post, and appeal as per the newbies thread.

Certainly do not pay up, as it's totally unreasonable (unreasonable is their business model!)
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 18th Aug 15, 9:31 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:31 PM
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:31 PM
    what a joke website , supposedly pretending to be members of both the BPA and the IPC http://www.as-parking.co.uk/parking-charge-notice-payments/

I am going to cry , http://as-parking.zatappeal.com/

I see no ships?

http://www.theipc.info/aos-members

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/approved-operators

nor any mention of being members

totally ignore the muppet DO NOT contact them

IF and this is a big IF you receive any letters etc from them , they have obtained your details illegally , please come back and update this posting

popcorn time , if you get a letter
    • Herzlos
    • By Herzlos 18th Aug 15, 9:38 PM
    • 7,664 Posts
    • 7,026 Thanks
    Herzlos
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:38 PM
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:38 PM
    Looks like they recently joined the IAS (Athens Security Services Limited (Trading as AS Parking) 01/05/15), so they probably can get your details. The standard appeal should be sent in anyway, if you ever recieve anything in the post, as this is still the absolute bottom end of the PPC industry.

I've no idea if they are BPA members (they aren't BPA AOS members).
    • steve9881
    • By steve9881 18th Aug 15, 9:41 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    steve9881
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:41 PM
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:41 PM
    I did a quick search and found them trading as Athens security services on the IPC page, but there is no mention at all of either AS or Athens on the BPA site.
    • hoohoo
    • By hoohoo 18th Aug 15, 9:44 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 3,118 Thanks
    hoohoo
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:44 PM
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:44 PM
    The recent Cout of Appeal case of PE v Beavis (since appealed) established parking charges could be more than the loss (in this case apparently around 2?) if there was social justification and the charge is no more than that needed to deter (by comparison with council charges)

In this case there is no social justification for charging when the machine does not work as advertised and the council charge in Cornwall is 50, so half that asked for.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 18th Aug 15, 9:49 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:49 PM
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:49 PM
    I stand back regarding Athens , I did not pick up on it ,

OP sit back and await a flawed NTC

only worry if its a hire/rental car or you have just moved house
    • steve9881
    • By steve9881 18th Aug 15, 9:56 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    steve9881
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:56 PM
    • 18th Aug 15, 9:56 PM
    @enfield, no, not a rental car, and unless the missus is cooking something up that I don't know about, I'm not moving, the car is registered to me.

As advised, I shall sit back, and await a NTK from the charming company they seem to be!
    Last edited by steve9881; 18-08-2015 at 10:05 PM.
    • Ivor Pecheque
    • By Ivor Pecheque 19th Aug 15, 9:20 PM
    • 732 Posts
    • 1,349 Thanks
    Ivor Pecheque
    • 19th Aug 15, 9:20 PM
    • 19th Aug 15, 9:20 PM
    Have a look at how they operate around the Council owned land around Perranporth. Loads of irregular stuff going on !
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    • steve9881
    • By steve9881 14th Sep 15, 8:13 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    steve9881
    UPDATE!!!!!

The NTK has arrived today, and as advised, i've not acknowleged the ticket in any way. I have taken a quick glance and noticed that the time of issue according to the letter was 17.51, the actual ticket states 17.50. nothing special i know, but im my eyes its another !!!! up, that and spelling the name of the car park wrongly on the tickets printed! I was planning on starting the appeals procedure at this point, but according to the NTK today this is no longer possible!.

i've also tried to post photos of all the tickets, NTK, and the original ticket, but as im a new user (?) it wont let me!

bit stuck here... any ideas?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Sep 15, 8:29 PM
    • 18,841 Posts
    • 23,841 Thanks
    Redx
    if they say your appeal is out of time and cannot be put on the IAS website, not much you can do

as for the uploading, its not a forum that allows uploading

therefore you have to host pics etc elsewhere like tinypic or photobucket and then link the urls to them
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • steve9881
    • By steve9881 15th Sep 15, 9:55 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    steve9881
    Another interesting turn of events this morning.

I dropped the BPA a quick email last night to see if this company is indeed a member, as advertised on all there signage, the PCN issued, and also, the NTK I received.

Turns out they WERE members, this lapsed on the 28.08.15, they have been given 6 months to remove all logos involving the BPA logo or else legal action will be taken.

Bang goes the appeal process then.
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 15th Sep 15, 10:09 AM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    Another interesting turn of events this morning.

I dropped the BPA a quick email last night to see if this company is indeed a member, as advertised on all there signage, the PCN issued, and also, the NTK I received.

Turns out they WERE members, this lapsed on the 28.08.15, they have been given 6 months to remove all logos involving the BPA logo or else legal action will be taken.

Bang goes the appeal process then.
    Originally posted by steve9881

date of offence = 18-08-2015 was the date of your first posting , and you state "hi all, became victim last monday to these, "

so that's either the 11/08 or 17/08 , therefore this lot WERE a member of the BPA at the time , and as such you are entitled to a POPLa code
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Sep 15, 10:13 AM
    • 18,901 Posts
    • 29,774 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    AS Parking joined the IAS AOS on 01/05/15, so the only appeals process open to you would be via the IAS; POPLA (the BPA second stage appeal process) was never open to you.

Their 'lapsing of membership' on 28/08/15 was more than likely relating to being a corporate member of the overarching BPA organisation, rather than specifically from the BPA AOS - resignation from this would have been at the point of joining the IPC AOS.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 15-09-2015 at 10:17 AM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • infinite improbability
    • By infinite improbability 16th Aug 16, 6:37 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    infinite improbability
    IPC independent or international ?
    this maybe nothing but i just noticed that the link theipc.info links to the international parking community not the independent parking community ? .. is this a scam ?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 16th Aug 16, 6:41 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    correct , its no longer independent , and has gone international since they got a member from Yorkshire
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Hamster115
    • By Hamster115 7th Aug 18, 2:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hamster115
    Please read the RAC information. A Parking Charge Notice is not backed by law but a Penalty Charge Notice is. It is possible for the issuer to collect the charge via a small claims court however this costs money. The charge is arranged by the land owner and very often it is an unreasonable amount (usual legal charge of a PCN backed by law is normally around 30). If you are taken to court then you can argue the case its not a reasonable charge taking into account all the costs of issuing the ticket and administration against the parking charge that you were meant to pay initially. Mine was 1 for 12 hours which I missed the sign and they tried to charge me 100. My advice is do not acknowledge the ticket and wait for a response via post and go to court.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,510Posts Today

6,084Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin