Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • edwink
    • By edwink 7th Jul 15, 5:07 PM
    • 1,870Posts
    • 12,446Thanks
    edwink
    Keeping hens and ducks chat!! Hens & ducks names & how many eggs do you get per day
    • 7th Jul 15, 5:07 PM
    Keeping hens and ducks chat!! Hens & ducks names & how many eggs do you get per day 7th Jul 15 at 5:07 PM
    As a hen and cockerel keeper myself I thought it would be interesting to ask what you name your hens and cockerels. And also ask how many eggs you are getting every day!! I know the egg laying changes when hens moult but just thought it would be interesting to see how many eggs you get. I have hens that are named Bluebell (typical name I think!!!), Muesli, cornflake and scarecrow plus some others. I am getting around 4 to 6 eggs a day at the moment!! Had a delicious egg salad for supper last night OMG it was lovely!!!

Edwink

If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by edwink; 02-02-2017 at 6:36 PM.
Page 73
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 1st Mar 18, 7:25 PM
    • 11,021 Posts
    • 29,377 Thanks
    suki1964
    You all look after your hens so nicely, I think I'll start clucking so that one of you can adopt me!

Would I have to live in a coop, though?
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    And lay an egg for me daily
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 1st Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 34,831 Posts
    • 129,327 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Originally posted by suki1964

I obviously haven't thought this through!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 1st Mar 18, 8:23 PM
    • 16,666 Posts
    • 281,433 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm having a bit of a mare with my girls at the mo. They're allotment girls and as such there is no electricity and the temperature hasn't got above -2 all week and a windchill of at least -8.

I've tried everything to keep their water from freezing over. I've wrapped their water bell in bubble wrap and foil and put a child's jacket over it. I've tried ping pong balls, salt water bottle inside it and food grade glycerine and nothing is working. I've been there three times today in the snow

Their run is a wire one with a wire roof. That has three layers of tarpaulin on it and I've had to clear the snow off it several times in the last three days. Ive had to cover the sides and front of their run with plastic bags to stop the snow from getting in - the wind is swirling around there and blowing the snow in. I have to admit that I am really struggling at the mo. I'm having to walk round with flasks of hot water and a full five litre bottle of water, and salt for the roof which is doing nothing except getting blown off by the wind.

I'm probably going to have to go once more before I go to bed tonight, first light tomorrow and god knows how many times during the day tomorrow. Fortunately I'm on leave from work this week.

Two of the three are still laying though

They had a really bad moult late last year and then we have a crappy winter. The two previous winters haven't been as bad and they haven't moulted so from now on I'm using their feathered state to judge how bad the winter is going to be

Sorry for going on, but I know you lot will understand
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • edwink
    • By edwink 1st Mar 18, 10:27 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 12,446 Thanks
    edwink
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm having a bit of a mare with my girls at the mo. They're allotment girls and as such there is no electricity and the temperature hasn't got above -2 all week and a windchill of at least -8.
    I've tried everything to keep their water from freezing over. I've wrapped their water bell in bubble wrap and foil and put a child's jacket over it. I've tried ping pong balls, salt water bottle inside it and food grade glycerine and nothing is working. I've been there three times today in the snow
    Their run is a wire one with a wire roof. That has three layers of tarpaulin on it and I've had to clear the snow off it several times in the last three days. Ive had to cover the sides and front of their run with plastic bags to stop the snow from getting in - the wind is swirling around there and blowing the snow in. I have to admit that I am really struggling at the mo. I'm having to walk round with flasks of hot water and a full five litre bottle of water, and salt for the roof which is doing nothing except getting blown off by the wind.
    I'm probably going to have to go once more before I go to bed tonight, first light tomorrow and god knows how many times during the day tomorrow. Fortunately I'm on leave from work this week. Two of the three are still laying though
    They had a really bad moult late last year and then we have a crappy winter. The two previous winters haven't been as bad and they haven't moulted so from now on I'm using their feathered state to judge how bad the winter is going to be
    Sorry for going on, but I know you lot will understand
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Hi Dizzy Ditzy

There is no need to apologise at all. Yes we do all understand, honest. This is what this thread is for isn't it? If you are worried about anything, have a question, health issue with any of your hens or just want to have a bit of a rant it really is not a problem. I am sure others will back me in saying that. We are a friendly bunch on here we really are.

We are having a bit of a nightmare with We the water freezer here too. We live in a rural area away from town and it is blooming freezing. It was around -4 here but add the wind to that and it was more like -8. We have been taking out hot water in watering cans for it to freeze over in no time. Their water containers are freezing up inside their hotels too. The only thing you can really do to make sure they do get some moisture/fluid inside them is to give them foods which contain moisture like sweetcorn, cucumber or grapes. That way if their water does freeze over they are at least taking in some fluids that way.

You could also give them their dried pellets in the morning with some hot water in it. By the time you get round to them at your allotment it would be still warm hopefully and when they gobble it up like hungry hens do they will be taking in liquid that way too so wouldn't have such a need to drink as much. It is mainly the dried foods that make hens stand at the drinking water bowl. So less of the dried food and more foods with moisture in them should be ok for them. There is not a lot else you can do whilst we have this freezing cold weather. Remember though that the smaller the bowl/container the quicker it will freeze. Could you put a water container inside their hut maybe on top of a hot water bottle and wrap the bottle in tin foil perhaps.

Hope that helps in some way. Weather due to warm up next week or so they say.

Edwink
    Last edited by edwink; 01-03-2018 at 10:32 PM.
    3.36 kWp system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solar Edge Inverter
    7 ducks ~ 7 hens ~ 1 handsome Cockerel
    2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing Hybrid Toyota Auris car

Hens & ducks chat thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
    • edwink
    • By edwink 1st Mar 18, 10:45 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 12,446 Thanks
    edwink
    You all look after your hens so nicely, I think I'll start clucking so that one of you can adopt me!

Would I have to live in a coop, though?
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Yes to the living in a coop Pyxis and as suki says an egg a day too. I am sure you could manage that unless laying big girls eggs would be too much for you. Some of the egg pics that our posters have shown on here over the years have been blooming huge and some have had double yokes in them. (they were from Suki). How about becoming a Bantam hen? Their ickle eggs are small so maybe that would be a better choice of hen for you. We will leave you to think about it ok??

Edwink
    Last edited by edwink; 01-03-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Hens & ducks chat thread
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 2nd Mar 18, 12:34 PM
    • 34,831 Posts
    • 129,327 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Yes to the living in a coop Pyxis and as suki says an egg a day too. I am sure you could manage that unless laying big girls eggs would be too much for you. Some of the egg pics that our posters have shown on here over the years have been blooming huge and some have had double yokes in them. (they were from Suki). How about becoming a Bantam hen? Their ickle eggs are small so maybe that would be a better choice of hen for you. We will leave you to think about it ok??

Edwink
    Originally posted by edwink
    Cluck cluck cluuuu-uuuck!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• ali-t
    • By ali-t 2nd Mar 18, 3:03 PM
    • 3,737 Posts
    • 6,327 Thanks
    ali-t
    Ours have all gone into hiding. It is freezing and the snow gets everywhere even though the coops are undercover. They are still laying though and we get around 5 eggs a day from 11 hens which is good. The wee silkie crosses lay tiny wee eggs and lay far more than I ever thought they would.

glad to hear everyone's hens are doing OK in these weather conditions. We are having to dig the snow away from the enclosure to get in and out every day to see them. They are just hiding in the coop and occasionally venturing out for food.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
    • edwink
    • By edwink 2nd Mar 18, 7:45 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 12,446 Thanks
    edwink
    Ours have all gone into hiding. It is freezing and the snow gets everywhere even though the coops are undercover. They are still laying though and we get around 5 eggs a day from 11 hens which is good. The wee silkie crosses lay tiny wee eggs and lay far more than I ever thought they would.
    glad to hear everyone's hens are doing OK in these weather conditions. We are having to dig the snow away from the enclosure to get in and out every day to see them. They are just hiding in the coop and occasionally venturing out for food.
    Originally posted by ali-t
    Aww bless them ali-t

We are having problems with the snow too as it has been swirling around today and has covered the duck run floor and also has gone in to part of the hens coop. The tarpaulin on the roof has had to be cleared twice and some of the snow has been blown off by the wind thankfully. The poor little hens are not used to this sort of weather so some wont even stand in the snow that has wafted in to their coop. I was watching some of hens today and noticed that some of them were actually eating the snow.

I am so glad that hens can easily cope with the cold conditions. I suppose it is just as well with the sort of weather we have been having lately. Hens are very good at keeping their body heat in because they have 2 layers of feathers and it is the first inner layer that really does trap their body heat in. So I really do not think we need to worry about them getting too cold because hens are hardy perennials. Temperature wise we have been down to -6 here overnight and my girls come rushing out in the morning when their hotel door is opened up. Funny little things they are, bless them.

Our real problem here is trying to make sure they all have water to drink especially the ducks. We have a hammer up there now so every time we go up there we can break the ice, scoop it out and top the water bowl up with hot water which cools down in minutes.

Apparently some of this weather is carrying on until early next week now. So I'll give that a thumbs down as I thought Spring was around the corner.

How are everyone else and their hens getting on? Managing ok I hope in this freezing cold weather.

Take care all

Edwink
    Last edited by edwink; 02-03-2018 at 7:53 PM.

Hens & ducks chat thread
    • edwink
    • By edwink 2nd Mar 18, 8:00 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 12,446 Thanks
    edwink
    Wow I've seen it all now. I saw this article on BBC Online tonight. Aww it is so sweet. Not sure about the comment on mint sauce though. What a cutie that little lamb is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-43257371

Edwink

Hens & ducks chat thread
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 2nd Mar 18, 10:00 PM
    • 24,241 Posts
    • 95,753 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Wow I've seen it all now. I saw this article on BBC Online tonight. Aww it is so sweet. Not sure about the comment on mint sauce though. What a cutie that little lamb is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-43257371

Edwink
    Originally posted by edwink

Bottom left hand corner, if I recall correctly. Granddad used to do similar with small birds if they fell out of the nest in bad weather - he'd put them in a lined box on the top of his coal boiler, which I think *might* have been an Ideal - and did the same with a litter of kittens when a stray that had been living in the coalshed had an unfortunate set to with the coalman's cart and he realised upon examination that there were probably babies in there somewhere , ultimately successful, though .

If anybody's interested and into Twitter, there's a feed about a cat living on a farm in Ireland - Cat Shepherd, I think. The owner is @Zwartblesie and has a flock of Zwartbles sheep. It's not too gooey if you can deal with the making the cat the narrator, but it's more pleasant than most things online these days. She's had a lamb march into the kitchen and settle down in front of the AGA to warm up.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 4th Mar 18, 3:41 PM
    • 16,666 Posts
    • 281,433 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Finally the weather has improved and I've been able to are down the extra covers around their run and let the girls out. They were very happy to be relased from chicken prison

A few lessons have been learnt this week with regard to winter chicken keeping. They're getting a more solid roof this summer. It won't cure the problem of snow but it will make it easier to deal with. It will also serve to fill in the gaps around the edges where water has been getting in.

They'll get porridge more in the colder weather too. They had it for the first time on Thursday and loved it and demolished it when they had it on Friday too
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 4th Mar 18, 8:43 PM
    • 34,831 Posts
    • 129,327 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I wonder where this lot are going?.........

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• edwink
    • By edwink 5th Mar 18, 3:05 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 12,446 Thanks
    edwink
    I wonder where this lot are going?.........
    Normally if hens are going anywhere it is for food, glorious food and just food..

I gave my girls some tuna mixed with sweetcorn today for a treat and I could hardly unlock their coop and get in there with them. They were jumping up at the door before I had even opened it. Once I got in there they were not in the least bit interested in making a run for it down the garden. They were only interested in seeing their mummy or was it the FOOD?

Hope everyone is ok with their girls and managing much better now the snow is on its way out.

Edwink

Hens & ducks chat thread
    • edwink
    • By edwink 7th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 12,446 Thanks
    edwink
    What a difference one week makes especially now everything has thawed out. YAY!

Cleaned both the hens and the ducks out thoroughly today and as the weather was nice gave them a good old wash down inside too and gave them a good airing to make sure they were fully dry before putting fresh bedding in. Also thoroughly raked the floor in the hens coop and the duck run instead of doing a poo pick up like last week when it was minus something silly degrees out there.

It was like musical poultry at ours today. First we transferred the hens one by one and the Cockerel in to the greenhouse behind the hens coop so they could all have a good old dust bath in there. Then thoroughly cleaned out the hens coop, their hotel, their coop dust bath and put fresh pine scented straw shavings down on the ground floor for them. Next we transferred the ducks one by one in to the hens coop next door so we could move about more freely in the duck run and thoroughly clean that out as well the same as we did for the hens. All water bowls thoroughly cleaned out and refilled with fresh water. Then we had to transfer the ducks back to their run one by one and then the same for the hens back in to their coop.

Glad all that lot has been done today. I love it when they have been fully cleaned out. No energy left for housework though. I always say that our feathered friends outside have a cleaner house than we do so now you know why

We came back in exhausted just before it got dark. Hubby made some bread for our supper and I made some soup. We think we will be eating that and then falling in to bed because we are both so tired. We wouldn't change our semi self sufficient lifestyle for the world though. We love it because it is so rewarding.

All for now.

Edwink
    Last edited by edwink; 07-03-2018 at 7:26 PM.

Hens & ducks chat thread
    • StarShapedPeg
    • By StarShapedPeg 8th Mar 18, 6:25 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    StarShapedPeg
    So lovely and sunny here today.
    My little blind one is still alive and seems well. For the first time all three spent more time outside than in today and they were very busy dust bathing in the pit they’ve excavated for themselves at the back. They looked like they were having a blast, making purring noises in the sunshine.
    So lovely to read of the spring cleaning session Edwink must make them all happy and cosy when you’ve spruced their hotels out!
    Spring is in the air!x
    #138 - The "Save 12k in 2017" challenge
    #019 - The “Save 12k in 2018” challenge
    • edwink
    • By edwink 8th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 12,446 Thanks
    edwink
    So lovely and sunny here today.
    My little blind one is still alive and seems well. For the first time all three spent more time outside than in today and they were very busy dust bathing in the pit they!!!8217;ve excavated for themselves at the back. They looked like they were having a blast, making purring noises in the sunshine.
    So lovely to read of the spring cleaning session Edwink must make them all happy and cosy when you!!!8217;ve spruced their hotels out!
    Spring is in the air!x
    Originally posted by StarShapedPeg
    So glad your little blind one is doing ok. Funny you should mention her because I was thinking about her today. Bless her, sunbathing and dust bathing too with the others. Awww how nice. If she wasn't happy she certainly would not be bothering to do that especially with the others.

Unfortunately we don't get a lot of sun in our coop because of our next door neighbours 2 huge trees to the East plus the tarpaulin on the roof of the coop doesn't help matters either. They do get some sun at the side to the South but it is slightly shaded this time of year for my lot. Another couple of weeks and the sun will be higher than the trees at the back of us so that's when the sunbathing will start here. That will be time to take some more photos me thinks!

Thank you so much for the update on your feathered friends x

Edwink
    Last edited by edwink; 08-03-2018 at 7:27 PM.

Hens & ducks chat thread
    • edwink
    • By edwink 17th Mar 18, 12:08 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 12,446 Thanks
    edwink
    We have snow here again. Not enough for a snowball fight but slightly settling snow. How about everyone else?

Blooming chilly out today so girls treat food today at lunchtime is some good old porridge oats. I shall just give it to them loose by throwing it around their coop, that way it will keep them busy trying to find it, not that they need much help to sniff out food

Not heard anything lately about the Bird Flu so I see that as a positive. Anyone else heard of any new found cases?.

Catch up soon.

Edwink

Hens & ducks chat thread
    • edwink
    • By edwink 18th Mar 18, 2:35 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 12,446 Thanks
    edwink
    Just come in from the hens coop Brrr! It's freezing out there.

As time is moving on and we are still not allowed to let them free-range we decided to cut out a doorway between the hens coop and the ducks run. Done this mainly to give the ducks more space as they have been looking thoroughly miserable lately. The ducks run is 20ft x 4ft so not very wide but plenty big enough for a run for them. Been watching the ducks over the past week and have been feeling so sorry for them especially as the smaller in comparison hens have a 24ft x 12ft coop. So if they all share both areas it should make for happier ducks even though they are still not allow out to go in their pond. So that's all of them in a 24ft x 16ft coop and their mummy is a lot happier with that. Freezing cold mummy but happier. Was only out there for about an hour but boy was it cold.

Edwink

Hens & ducks chat thread
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 19th Mar 18, 8:41 AM
    • 8,124 Posts
    • 40,051 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Morning all Can I join you? Edwink told me to come over here and I like to follow instructions (sometimes)

We don't have chickens yet, but are intending to rescue a few in the coming months. We've just moved from the city (with only a tiny strip of garden next to the pavement) to the middle of nowhere with 11 acres (most of which, from what I can gather, is swamp ) We moved three weeks ago today - the following day we were completely snowed in for a week We're currently stuck at a friend's house back in the city as we left for work on Friday morning and haven't been able to get back since because of yet more snow

Still, I am assuming the weather will improve at some point I've read about 7 pages of this excellent thread and will likely get round to the other 30 at some point (although I really should do some more work right now).

I've never had sole responsibility for so much as a hamster so I am quite daunted by chickens What if I do something wrong and hurt them? What if we can't make the enclosure safe enough and the fox gets them? I'd love for them to just roam about free as we have so much space - is that realistic?? We'll likely only be getting about 4 to start with so they'll have nearly 3 acres each

We currently have no equipment and no idea But we won't be acquiring our chickens until we have both of those things so I will be avidly reading to see what I can learn
    • edwink
    • By edwink 20th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 12,446 Thanks
    edwink
    Morning all Can I join you? Edwink told me to come over here and I like to follow instructions (sometimes)
    We don't have chickens yet, but are intending to rescue a few in the coming months. We've just moved from the city (with only a tiny strip of garden next to the pavement) to the middle of nowhere with 11 acres (most of which, from what I can gather, is swamp ) We moved three weeks ago today - the following day we were completely snowed in for a week We're currently stuck at a friend's house back in the city as we left for work on Friday morning and haven't been able to get back since because of yet more snow
    Still, I am assuming the weather will improve at some point I've read about 7 pages of this excellent thread and will likely get round to the other 30 at some point (although I really should do some more work right now).
    I've never had sole responsibility for so much as a hamster so I am quite daunted by chickens What if I do something wrong and hurt them? What if we can't make the enclosure safe enough and the fox gets them? I'd love for them to just roam about free as we have so much space - is that realistic?? We'll likely only be getting about 4 to start with so they'll have nearly 3 acres each
    We currently have no equipment and no idea But we won't be acquiring our chickens until we have both of those things so I will be avidly reading to see what I can learn
    Originally posted by Cheery Daff
    Hello Cheery

Lovely to have you on board with us. Always nice to have another on board especially a cheery one.

Just be warned that when you do get your hens we do like pictures of them posted on here so we know who you are talking about in your posts. Like putting faces to names. If you get rescue hens they will all look similar but I am sure you will think of some fab names for them once you have had them for a few days. Although they will all look similar they will have their own personalities which is how we have managed to name our rescue girls but in all honesty I know I get them mixed up.

I hope you have managed to get home after all that snow we had. Things have definitely thawed out where we are for the 2nd time in recent months.

You can use almost anything for their hut (locally known on here as hotels). The bigger the better obviously space allowing mainly for cleaning purposes. Our first hotel was so lovely and was like a little Wendy House but we had to crawl inside to clean it out. So later on when we were given a 6ft x 4ft shed my husband kitted that out for them and it is perfect for them and us because of my poor back. You can buy plastic Arc style hen houses which are fully washable and very hygienic but some hen keepers don't like the plastic side of it whereas some do. Wood is warmer for the hens though. Maybe you will just build your own. I am sure you will come up with something.

Main thing to remember make their night time sleeping hotel as fox proof as you can. For our coop we ran chicken wire all the way around the diameter of it after digging a 2ft to 3ft trench all the way around except for the doorway of course. Then we sunk the chicken wire down in to it with brick and rubble thrown on top and cemented it in all the way round. So now when our girls are safely tucked up at night there is no way a fox can get in. Also we have covered the coop roof with chicken wire too. A timely job but no fox can climb in that way either.

Very different in the daytime re foxes if hens are free range. Ours are so we have done everything possible to make sure our girls are as safe as they can be. Free range sadly always comes with risks no matter what.

I am sure there will be a number of questions you will think of before you get your hens so just fire away and someone will answer or give you some advice.

You will be ok handling them I am sure. They are incredibly soft and warm. I'd never handled anything like that before in my life before we got ours and in fact I was absolutely terrified of anything with feathers. I was pleasantly surprise how nice they were to hold, not to mention hug too.

Edwink
    Last edited by edwink; 20-03-2018 at 9:03 PM.

Hens & ducks chat thread
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,301Posts Today

7,627Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin