Origin Broadband - any good

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I will get the cashback one way or another I always do. :)

No response to twice emailed complaint - next step

https://www.cedr.com/cisas/
  • Honda2ner
    Honda2ner Posts: 17 Forumite
    Like an idiot I decided to switch from Sky to Origin after seeing them on the MSE site. That was 24/01/17 (6 weeks ago) and I still don't have broadband. Origin have been lying to me non-stop the whole time. I even have an email stating my broadband is on from 23/02/17, but it isn't... They haven't even bothered sending a router so I can't use it, even if it was.

Yet I still see MSE advertising these criminals. WHY?

Please take a look at the reviews on broadband.co.uk and update your broadband offers page to reflect that Origin Broadband are probably the worst ISP out there.
  • Sjc1973
    Sjc1973 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Make a complaint, origins policy is that they take 7 days to respond. Don't use their online form as you need to keep a electronic trail as evidence. Ring them up and ask for direct email address for complaints also take a name.In the email complaint tell them they are in breach of contract as they are not supplying you with aderquate internet service. Explain that if this not resolved in 7 days you will be terminating the contract. I know you want out but it's important to demonstrate you have made reasonable attempt to resolve the matter

When you paid upfront line rental did you pay with debit card? If they do not respond in 7 days (they probably won't see below) Contact your bank and ask to be put thorough debit card disputes (if you paid with debitcard) explain you are not being provided with a aderquate internet serviice and you want them to reclaim the money back from origin (chargeback) if you paid by credit card you can do something similar but I am not familiar with the procedures and there is a minimum amount. If they are taking anything from direct debit as well you can claim back as well. Debitcard disputes will look into your claim and you are likely to get your money, origin do have 45 days to challenge. If the bank does not refund you, you can then go to the financial obumdsman.

I had my problems as well with this company, I actually paid £364 upfront( 24 months contract). They mucked up on the days engineer was suppose to be coming, wanted to charge me for this, never followed up on nothing, didn't bother to answer emails. I went through my bank and reclaimed the money back, within a day of making the claim my bank refunded me. Origin to date has not contacted me.

Good luck:)
  • AG47
    AG47 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2017 at 11:03AM
    Sjc1973 wrote: »
    Make a complaint, origins policy is that they take 7 days to respond. Don't use their online form as you need to keep a electronic trail as evidence. Ring them up and ask for direct email address for complaints also take a name.In the email complaint tell them they are in breach of contract as they are not supplying you with aderquate internet service. Explain that if this not resolved in 7 days you will be terminating the contract. I know you want out but it's important to demonstrate you have made reasonable attempt to resolve the matter

When you paid upfront line rental did you pay with debit card? If they do not respond in 7 days (they probably won't see below) Contact your bank and ask to be put thorough debit card disputes (if you paid with debitcard) explain you are not being provided with a aderquate internet serviice and you want them to reclaim the money back from origin (chargeback) if you paid by credit card you can do something similar but I am not familiar with the procedures and there is a minimum amount. If they are taking anything from direct debit as well you can claim back as well. Debitcard disputes will look into your claim and you are likely to get your money, origin do have 45 days to challenge. If the bank does not refund you, you can then go to the financial obumdsman.

I had my problems as well with this company, I actually paid £364 upfront( 24 months contract). They mucked up on the days engineer was suppose to be coming, wanted to charge me for this, never followed up on nothing, didn't bother to answer emails. I went through my bank and reclaimed the money back, within a day of making the claim my bank refunded me. Origin to date has not contacted me.

Good luck:)

Thanks for that, do you have the direct email for complaints? They would not give me the direct complaints email, she just gave me the info@originbroadband.com.

They are still giving me the run around, always using delaying tactics

They just fob me off, please wait another 24hrs and we will get back to you but they never do ever.

All this time very unreliable internet service, it's almost unusable, keeps cutting out.
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
  • Sjc1973
    edited 4 March 2017 at 11:25AM
    Sorry I don't. I used that email address and I got the persons emails address. I actually got two of the workers email. I would press them for their email. I was very assertive!!! If they don't give it push for their name the email address will be like this firstname.surname@origin-broadband.co.uk

another thing with chargeback is that claims must be made in 120days of intially receiving a service

I'm sorry your having to go thorough this rubbish with them
  • Sjc1973
    AG47- I have pm'd you some email addresses, hope they help
  • myxbox wrote: »
    Hi there , am thinking of moving to Origin Broadband , firstly for adsl then fibre

my exchange is a 21CN , market 1 BTW only

how do others find the service and support .

Given what the say here "Origin operates one of the largest networks in the UK, this means we have more than enough capacity so we never need to throttle your connection, limit you or slow you down"

Has any one ever suffered slow speeds with them

many thanks
    I’ve had terrible service from origin. This has included
    • Losing my number and handing it back to openreach for anyone to pick up
    • Cancelling my order by mistake
    • Call wait times of over an hour on their helpline, then they put you on to technical help…..guess what…you can wait another hour.
    • When you eventually answer they tell you they can’t deal with matters now because…wait for it…call wait times are too long.
    • They don’t answer emails from their website (no…not even once…I’ve contacted them about 6 times).
    • When you make a complaint and contact them again…..they don’t have a record of the problem.
    • They say they will call back and don’t.
    • When I eventually got broadband it cuts out after about 20 minutes and needs to be restarted constantly.

My advice is, stay well away from origin Broadband
  • dazd1970
    dazd1970 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DO NOT TOUCH!

I signed up in the beginning of December 2016, free broadband and a one off payment for upfront line rental covering twelve months.

They emailed me asking about my current phone number, did I wish to keep it or change. I informed them to change it. Nothing happened. I emailed them at the end of December to see what was happening. They accused me of not informing them of going ahead with the number change.

Eventually the switch happened, January 19th 2017. At the end of January I had an email with a bill attached. I was being charged a part month pro rata amount (small amount but even so...), not sure why when I signed up for FREE broadband and a one off upfront line rental payment. The bill also stated that I was being charged from 1st January. The connection did not start until the 19th!

I emailed to ask what was going on, totally ignored.

I had an email to say they now have a customer portal I can use. The latest bill link would not show the bill. Now the customer portal will not allow me to log in at all, even after numerous password resets. I have emailed about this, again no response.

And yet, when they needed info from me they contacted, and responded to me via that method. Seems that if they want something then they can be bothered, but if the customer wants something, they choose to ignore them.

Internet drops out frequently, slowest connection I have ever known since the days of dial up.

Sign up is via long number on debit/credit card. DO NOT sign up, no way to stop them taking money from your account.

Never again will I use Origin, and to be honest, I will further struggle to trust suppliers that MSE places within it's searches. By them being on this site you are condoning their practices and sending unwitting people straight to them.
  • AG47
    dazd1970 wrote: »
    DO NOT TOUCH!

I signed up in the beginning of December 2016, free broadband and a one off payment for upfront line rental covering twelve months.

They emailed me asking about my current phone number, did I wish to keep it or change. I informed them to change it. Nothing happened. I emailed them at the end of December to see what was happening. They accused me of not informing them of going ahead with the number change.

Eventually the switch happened, January 19th 2017. At the end of January I had an email with a bill attached. I was being charged a part month pro rata amount (small amount but even so...), not sure why when I signed up for FREE broadband and a one off upfront line rental payment. The bill also stated that I was being charged from 1st January. The connection did not start until the 19th!

I emailed to ask what was going on, totally ignored.

I had an email to say they now have a customer portal I can use. The latest bill link would not show the bill. Now the customer portal will not allow me to log in at all, even after numerous password resets. I have emailed about this, again no response.

And yet, when they needed info from me they contacted, and responded to me via that method. Seems that if they want something then they can be bothered, but if the customer wants something, they choose to ignore them.

Internet drops out frequently, slowest connection I have ever known since the days of dial up.

Sign up is via long number on debit/credit card. DO NOT sign up, no way to stop them taking money from your account.

Never again will I use Origin, and to be honest, I will further struggle to trust suppliers that MSE places within it's searches. By them being on this site you are condoning their practices and sending unwitting people straight to them.

I'm going through similar issues with origin, mse must be more careful who they recomend
  • AG47
    Sjc1973 wrote: »
    AG47- I have pm'd you some email addresses, hope they help

WThanks but I'm still having terrible trouble getting any response from anybody.

All emails ignored, and I'm on hold for long times everyday, always assured somebody will get back to me but never do.

I'm fed up, very unreliable Internet, keeps stopping just when you really need it.

I'm paying for a service I'm not getting. I want to get my money back and go with a different service provider.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport