Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 1st Jul 15, 5:53 PM
    • 254Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    0 WOW
    Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion
    • 1st Jul 15, 5:53 PM
    0 WOW
    Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion 1st Jul 15 at 5:53 PM

Hi all,

We've written a new Easyjet Tricks guide and would love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Nick; 20-01-2016 at 5:07 PM.
Page 11
    • caroline975
    • By caroline975 2nd Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    caroline975
    Yes - for 2 people the price is £155 each
    • brianposter
    • By brianposter 3rd Jan 18, 6:55 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    brianposter
    Normal airline practice for group bookings seems to be that if any passenger is pushed into a higher fare category owing to the restricted number of seats available at any given fare, then all passengers are charged the higher fare.
    • BBB.S
    • By BBB.S 11th Apr 18, 11:46 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BBB.S
    Book Ahead
    For £8 you can have a bacon baguette, coffee AND a Kit-Kat ... Should you not want to carry stuff with you.
    • amurray88
    • By amurray88 12th Apr 18, 10:50 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    amurray88
    Disappointed with prices today
    Normally get Belfast for £80 return for 2 people.
    Flights out today and at 6am they were £108 for 2.

Very expensive?
    • Michaela209381
    • By Michaela209381 15th Apr 18, 8:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Michaela209381
    Flexisaver trick
    Hi,

Having looked at the easyJet website it suggests that if you buy a fkexisaver fare and then switch it to an alternative date within the agreed timeframe, although you donít get charged for the change you do have to pay any difference in fare if the new fare is of a higher price.

Does this mean that the trick of buying a character flight and hoping you can change to the one you really want 24hours later no longer applies?
    Am interested if anyone has used this recently or if itís now no longer available?
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 17th Apr 18, 3:27 PM
    • 3,818 Posts
    • 1,989 Thanks
    eDicky
    Flexisaver? Do you mean Flexi? There is no fare difference payable when changing the date of a Flexi ticket on the same route.
    • shlom
    • By shlom 18th Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shlom
    HI,

Just wanted to add an easyjet tip, when booking a flight from outside uk your flight price will come up in euros and there is around a 4% charge to change to pounds, If you have a card that doesn't charge exchange rates you could use that.

However when booking a return flight you can book a single flight starting from uk for the return flight for which the price will be in pounds and then add another single ticket for the first leg of the journey which will now also be given in pounds.

This a great trick to save but only works when booking a return flight.

I just used this with a saving of £20
    • Moneyedout
    • By Moneyedout 25th Apr 18, 7:24 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Moneyedout
    Early bookings
    Logged on early around 6-30am and booked 7 seats from Bristol to Salzburg. Good price at around £37 each way.
    However by the time I had filled in all the names, reserved the seats and added luggage for everyone I was ready to pay and a message popped up to say that the seats had now risen in price and would I accept the increased price. Having no other choice other than cancelling I had to accept and I went ahead knowing that they would rise again before the end of the day. Seems unfair though, after reserving the seats, that some one else with less names to fill in could nick my cheaper ones. Not impressed.
    • srgrech
    • By srgrech 26th Apr 18, 6:38 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    srgrech
    That's been the case for as long as i can remember.

I logged in at 5:30am to book flights to Innsbruck 2 days onValentines Day. Was very happy with the price, quite a bit a cheaper than last year. Flight for 3 people £230 return (last year same price for 2 people). Anyhow had reason to log out and then log back in. To my surprise the price had gone down by a few quid for each leg of the flight. Must have been lucky.
    • LauraSH
    • By LauraSH 26th Apr 18, 6:42 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    LauraSH
    Just book my family flights to Paris for Feb half term £223 for family of 5!!! This year we paid TRIPLE that - in October!
    • ThemeOne
    • By ThemeOne 26th Apr 18, 11:01 AM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 1,029 Thanks
    ThemeOne
    Booked 2 returns to Gran Canaria early this morning. Price including 23Kg luggage was just over £150 each, which seemed OK, though not a massive bargain.

For both outward and return the luggage charge was more than the flight cost.
    • Reason123
    • By Reason123 26th Apr 18, 12:57 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Reason123
    I was up at 6am this morning and booked 4 x return flights to La Palma in the Feb half term holiday for less than £500 all in incl upgrades.
    The best I had elsewhere just for flights was £1000.

I used booking.com to hire a house for £300
    I used autoeurope.com to hire a car for £120
    I used Gatwick direct for valet parking for £60

As the flights were half the price of elsewhere I feel like I got accom/car/parking for free!

• FamilyB
    • By FamilyB 1st May 18, 1:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FamilyB
    Warning - price rises while you are booking !
    Warning - as a regular Easyjet customer I too have noticed on the last 2 flights I have booked that the price increases just before you enter your credit card details . This feels like a scam - I don't know why the price should be allowed to change mid - booking !!! I know they use algorithms to update flight prices but doing this during a booking is wrong - as they are advertising misleading prices at the point you choose your flights and continue to book. If this practice continues I will be looking for another airline.
    • Juliana1
    • By Juliana1 18th Jul 18, 5:41 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Juliana1
    Packing tip
    We travel regularly with Ryanair and EasyJet, hand luggage only. We vacuum pack soft items such as towels and clothing leaving room in the case for hard or bulkier items such as shoes, wash bags, shavers, hair straighteners etc. Obviously you need to stay within the weight restrictions but youíd be surprised how much room you can save this way. Bear in mind youíll need access to a vacuum pump for the return journey. You can buy vacuum bags from Amazon that have a free hand pump. They take ages but work.
    • Gilly89
    • By Gilly89 23rd Jul 18, 10:29 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gilly89
    One way luggage
    I have a tip which I have found.
    I wanted to book a case into the hold on my outgoing flight, but because we had bought property in Spain, I didn't want to bring the case home with me.
    I found that this is not possible online, you can do it at the airport, but it is expensive.
    It is much cheaper to book the flights without baggage, then phone Easyjet, where you are then able to add hold luggage just one way.
    • Mia b
    • By Mia b 20th Aug 18, 12:55 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mia b
    You can pay £5 each way to have your cabin case checked in at easyjet plus bag drop, 3 customers get it for free.. and you get a free 3 tote to carry on plane for your essentials or even handbag etc , and also get a duty free bag once thru checks.
    They say ur luggage will be first on the carousel at destination. Have yet to check it out when i fly end of august 2018
    • jaymitch81
    • By jaymitch81 19th Sep 18, 3:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jaymitch81
    I am looking to book flights when released on 27th September, Does anyone know what time they go live on site?

Thanks.
    • Intenso
    • By Intenso 20th Sep 18, 6:20 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Intenso
    Well that's interesting,

I booked my Easter 2019 flights this morning using the easyjet app.

When I then checked online the system wasn't allowing return dates after 9th April 2019 despite my having successfully booked those dates using the app.

Just a heads up for anyone getting frustrated, try the app...
    • catsexyfeline
    • By catsexyfeline 20th Sep 18, 7:11 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    catsexyfeline
    noticed the same
    Logged onto my PC at 6.15 am and flights after April 19 weren't available on desktop but checking app at the same time they were! Very frustrating and I will be logging into the app from my bed next week to buy them!
    • Sweens007
    • By Sweens007 20th Sep 18, 7:12 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sweens007
    Just brought return flights to Barcelona for two trips. One in May on a weekend & one in June on a weekend. Total cost for both trips 149. Super cheap. Very happy. Thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,630Posts Today

4,472Users online

Martin's Twitter