Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 639
    • cherabelle
    • By cherabelle 6th Mar 18, 5:44 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 1,268 Thanks
    cherabelle
    Day trip to Paris
    Hi,

Looking at doing a day trip to DLP, I want to pick up some things for my wedding...

Anyway.

Travelling from Birmingham, I have Tesco Clubcard vouchers which I could use towards a Eurostar which would cut costs drastically.

Is there parking nearby to DLP so that I can shop in the village? Is it free and nearby?

If I wanted to stay in one of the hotels nearby to break up the journey are there any hotels nearby that would be good for a night.. doesnt have to be on site.

This may be a taboo subject.... When you buy a football season ticket, people sometime sell off specific games which they cant attend to people. Do annual passes work like this? I just wondered as I read you can get discount in the boutiques with an annual pass so I wondered if it would be worthwhile getting one/ buying the use of someones?

Any advice on the cheapest way I can do a DLP visit like others do booze Crusies.

Thanks
    Eleventh Heaven Number 52
    1*2**4*5*6*7*8*9*10*11

ITV drama premiers £2K 11.01.11, Red Nintendo Wii
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 7th Mar 18, 6:39 PM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 41,068 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hi,

Looking at doing a day trip to DLP, I want to pick up some things for my wedding...

Anyway.

Travelling from Birmingham, I have Tesco Clubcard vouchers which I could use towards a Eurostar which would cut costs drastically.

Is there parking nearby to DLP so that I can shop in the village? Is it free and nearby?

If I wanted to stay in one of the hotels nearby to break up the journey are there any hotels nearby that would be good for a night.. doesnt have to be on site.

This may be a taboo subject.... When you buy a football season ticket, people sometime sell off specific games which they cant attend to people. Do annual passes work like this? I just wondered as I read you can get discount in the boutiques with an annual pass so I wondered if it would be worthwhile getting one/ buying the use of someones?

Any advice on the cheapest way I can do a DLP visit like others do booze Crusies.

Thanks
    Originally posted by cherabelle
    wouldn't the cheapest way to pick up Disney items for your wedding be to buy them online? Official DLP merchandise is not cheap in the parks.
    • JimmyTheWig
    • By JimmyTheWig 8th Mar 18, 9:17 AM
    • 11,619 Posts
    • 11,231 Thanks
    JimmyTheWig
    wouldn't the cheapest way to pick up Disney items for your wedding be to buy them online? Official DLP merchandise is not cheap in the parks.
    Originally posted by balletshoes
    Especially if you factor in travel from Birmingham!

Any thoughts on my question about when to book for mid-December, balletshoes?
    • td23
    • By td23 8th Mar 18, 10:57 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    td23
    Hi all, loking to book up to take family to euro disney this year and looking to obvioously be a bit thrifty with it.

Really flexible as to when we go, preferably not over christmas but sooner in the year, even in May onwards.

Looking for 2 nights in hotel and 2 days in park, preferably cheyanne but again, very flexible as long as its a disney hotel.. First time kids have been so want to make it memorable, not a travelodge!

Preferably we would fly from any northern england airport, but open to the option of train, or even driving, but not so sure of the idea of coach travel.

When would be my best time to book? straight to disney, or via independant holiday firm.

Any advice anyone could give would be great.

Many thanks.
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 10th Mar 18, 11:14 AM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 41,068 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hi, we're looking at going to Disneyland Paris for a long week to include Christmas.
    Davy Crockett Ranch, for 2 adults and 4 children (14, 12, 10, 9) for about 9 nights.

Any suggestions on when relevant offers may become available?
    Originally posted by JimmyTheWig
    thats a very long time to be onsite at DLP, they don't tend to expect guests to stay that long on one visit, your best bet would be to look to put 2 booking together ie if you can do 8 nights instead, book 2x 4-night packages when the deal is the 2-night free one. Then you can contact Disney and get them to put the 2 bookings together so you don't have to move cabins halfway through your trip.
    I don't know what dates you're looking at, but you may find that if its the actual xmas period (ie spans 24th December onwards) the good deals won't be available (peak period tends not to get the best offers, on any country's website).

The latest I've gone to DLP in December was around 11th, we got a great deal but that was prior to peak season kicking in for xmas.

Alternatively - does it have to be DCR? For that length of stay, you might find it much cheaper staying at, for example, the Explorers hotel (their room configuration allows up to 10 guests on one booking) and buying annual passes. If offsite book it all separately, not through Disney.
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 10th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 41,068 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hi all, loking to book up to take family to euro disney this year and looking to obvioously be a bit thrifty with it.

Really flexible as to when we go, preferably not over christmas but sooner in the year, even in May onwards.

Looking for 2 nights in hotel and 2 days in park, preferably cheyanne but again, very flexible as long as its a disney hotel.. First time kids have been so want to make it memorable, not a travelodge!

Preferably we would fly from any northern england airport, but open to the option of train, or even driving, but not so sure of the idea of coach travel.

When would be my best time to book? straight to disney, or via independant holiday firm.

Any advice anyone could give would be great.

Many thanks.
    Originally posted by td23
    April through to August is a more expensive time onsite to visit DLP, compared to September through to March (October half term and Xmas periods are peak price though).

If your preference is onsite, and for 2 nights only, its really going to depend on the ages of your children and when you want to go, as to which country version of the DLP site will suit you best (different countries get different offers, but you can book using any of them).

I'm in the Midlands, my options for travel include flying from Luton to CDG with Easyjet, driving to Ebbsfleet then using Eurostar, or (haven't done this yet but have looked into it) driving and using Eurotunnel. For Eurostar you really need to be booking that at around 10 months prior to travel to get the best price, it only gets more expensive the longer you leave it.

I think Easyjet fly from Liverpool to CDG? If your flights get you into CDG in the evening there are plenty of options for a cheap hotel in the DLP area for that night, then you could check into your onsite hotel very early the next morning and get a full first day in the parks.
    Last edited by balletshoes; 10-03-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    • Katykat
    • By Katykat 11th Mar 18, 7:10 AM
    • 1,554 Posts
    • 548 Thanks
    Katykat
    I'm in the Midlands, my options for travel include flying from Luton to CDG with Easyjet, driving to Ebbsfleet then using Eurostar, or (haven't done this yet but have looked into it) driving and using Eurotunnel. For Eurostar you really need to be booking that at around 10 months prior to travel to get the best price, it only gets more expensive the longer you leave it.

I think Easyjet fly from Liverpool to CDG? If your flights get you into CDG in the evening there are plenty of options for a cheap hotel in the DLP area for that night, then you could check into your onsite hotel very early the next morning and get a full first day in the parks.[/QUOTE]

We’re flying from Manchester with EasyJet. We had the option of flying early morning ( 7 ish) but that would mean missing almost the whole first day in the park. So we’re going the day before & staying in the Explorers overnight before transferring to Newport Bay. We are a party of 5 adults and 3 kids. What’s the best way to do the transfer?in my mind I have maybe 2 adults taking the suitcases to Newport Bay, checking in, leave the luggage there then meet the others at the entrance to the park. Is this possible or do we all have to present at check in? Also, best way to get from Explorers to Newport.
    A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 11th Mar 18, 11:38 AM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 41,068 Thanks
    balletshoes

I think Easyjet fly from Liverpool to CDG? If your flights get you into CDG in the evening there are plenty of options for a cheap hotel in the DLP area for that night, then you could check into your onsite hotel very early the next morning and get a full first day in the parks.
    Originally posted by Katykat
    We’re flying from Manchester with EasyJet. We had the option of flying early morning ( 7 ish) but that would mean missing almost the whole first day in the park. So we’re going the day before & staying in the Explorers overnight before transferring to Newport Bay. We are a party of 5 adults and 3 kids.
    What’s the best way to do the transfer?in my mind I have maybe 2 adults taking the suitcases to Newport Bay, checking in, leave the luggage there then meet the others at the entrance to the park. Is this possible or do we all have to present at check in? Also, best way to get from Explorers to Newport.
    [/QUOTE]

if you are all under one lead name for your Newport Bay Club booking, strictly speaking only that person needs to be at check-in (remember to take your passport with you). It depends how early you want to check in at the NBC on your first morning. If you want to take advantage of EMH on your first morning, I don't think the Explorers shuttle buses run that early anymore, so you'd need to take a taxi from the Explorers to the Newport Bay Club (Explorers reception can arrange that for you). To be honest, with a lot of luggage between your party, the Explorers shuttle buses are going to be a bit of a nightmare, so in your shoes I'd just book a taxi anyway, for the 2 adults and all the luggage, straight to the NBC from the Explorers, to check in. The others, without the luggage, could then take the Explorers shuttle to the park entrance, and wait somewhere suitable for you there. Check-in isn't necessarily fast at any time of the day at the onsite hotels, so I'd suggest the NBC check-in people in your party leave the Explorers about half an hour before the rest, so the others are not hanging around for ages waiting. Or, depending on time of day etc, all the cafes and shops in the Village will be open, so they could browse while they wait for check-in to be completed.
    • JimmyTheWig
    • By JimmyTheWig 13th Mar 18, 10:44 AM
    • 11,619 Posts
    • 11,231 Thanks
    JimmyTheWig
    thats a very long time to be onsite at DLP, they don't tend to expect guests to stay that long on one visit
    I know
    It means we don't have to rush.

your best bet would be to look to put 2 booking together ie if you can do 8 nights instead, book 2x 4-night packages when the deal is the 2-night free one. Then you can contact Disney and get them to put the 2 bookings together so you don't have to move cabins halfway through your trip.
    I don't know what dates you're looking at, but you may find that if its the actual xmas period (ie spans 24th December onwards) the good deals won't be available (peak period tends not to get the best offers, on any country's website).
    On the UK site...
    20th-28th is £2914. [Cheaper than 21st-28th, or 22nd-28th!]
    The same dates splitting at 24th is £3502.
    The same dates splitting at 23rd is £3912.
    I like your thinking with splitting it (didn't think of that myself) but I don't think it works here as holidays starting 21st and later are more expensive because of Christmas.
    By going for as long as we are, we get to be there at Christmas but not pay the Christmas prices.

Alternatively - does it have to be DCR? For that length of stay, you might find it much cheaper staying at, for example, the Explorers hotel (their room configuration allows up to 10 guests on one booking) and buying annual passes. If offsite book it all separately, not through Disney.
    Worth a look.
    We like DCR as (a) we can all be together, unlike the other Disney hotels, (b) the swimming pool is wonderful and (c) the element of self-catering. Though we don't do much self-catering it is nice to have the option, particularly over Christmas.
    But haven't thought about non-Disney hotels. Will look at Explorers and annual passes. Any tips, or will I get a decent idea by googling?
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 13th Mar 18, 7:32 PM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 41,068 Thanks
    balletshoes
    i think you have this pretty much sussed Jimmy , general google/trivago/Explorers website etc, and remember cashback.
    • JimmyTheWig
    • By JimmyTheWig 14th Mar 18, 9:54 AM
    • 11,619 Posts
    • 11,231 Thanks
    JimmyTheWig
    i think you have this pretty much sussed Jimmy , general google/trivago/Explorers website etc, and remember cashback.
    Thanks balletshoes.

My original question was when do you think the best prices for (pre-Christmas) December will be available?
    25% off plus half-board meal plan on the German site is pretty good. Is that about the best we're likely to get? Kids under 12 go free was the offer we used to wait for, but that's not so good for us now.
    • skipfeeney
    • By skipfeeney 16th Mar 18, 12:08 AM
    • 61 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    skipfeeney
    Buying through French site
    Hi,

Is it ok to book through the French site - any downsides?

Its a good £300 cheaper

Thanks
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 16th Mar 18, 8:13 AM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 41,068 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Thanks balletshoes.

My original question was when do you think the best prices for (pre-Christmas) December will be available?
    25% off plus half-board meal plan on the German site is pretty good. Is that about the best we're likely to get? Kids under 12 go free was the offer we used to wait for, but that's not so good for us now.
    Originally posted by JimmyTheWig
    for your dates, I don't think you're likely to get much better than 25% off and free half board.
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 16th Mar 18, 8:14 AM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 41,068 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hi,

Is it ok to book through the French site - any downsides?

Its a good £300 cheaper

Thanks
    Originally posted by skipfeeney
    no downsides at all .
    • skipfeeney
    • By skipfeeney 17th Mar 18, 8:11 AM
    • 61 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    skipfeeney
    Free Ferry Crossing
    Does anyone know if you can alter the free ferry crossing to different days when you are not staying at the park - we are staying on in France for a few days after.

Thanks
    • Drummer82
    • By Drummer82 23rd Mar 18, 5:47 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Drummer82
    Hi All,

I have been wanting to take my children to Disney for a long long time, but due to limited money and a relationship breakup it hasn't happened.
    I really wanted to take them last September as the prices were ok and it would have been fairly quiet I think, mine went back to school a little later then usual, unfortunately my parents said they would come with me but changed their mind, I'm still very upset about this as I sorted all our passports, and it would have been the perfect time.

Anyway I'm looking at it again for this year, but have never been abroad as an adult before and my children haven't either. My youngest turns 12 this year and I really want to do it before she does.
    I suppose I really just want some advice on arranging it, I think I'm going to have to take them on my own, I have two children.

Is it best to book through the Disney website or are there cheaper options. If I'm looking at the May half term its just over £1000 for 3 nights at the Santa Fe with park tickets, this isn't including travel, but I think its like an extra 400 or so for Eurostar. It is best to book the travel through Disney or separate?

Any advice for this desperate lone parent would be appreciated
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 23rd Mar 18, 9:35 PM
    • 16,090 Posts
    • 41,068 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hi All,

I have been wanting to take my children to Disney for a long long time, but due to limited money and a relationship breakup it hasn't happened.
    I really wanted to take them last September as the prices were ok and it would have been fairly quiet I think, mine went back to school a little later then usual, unfortunately my parents said they would come with me but changed their mind, I'm still very upset about this as I sorted all our passports, and it would have been the perfect time.

Anyway I'm looking at it again for this year, but have never been abroad as an adult before and my children haven't either. My youngest turns 12 this year and I really want to do it before she does.
    I suppose I really just want some advice on arranging it, I think I'm going to have to take them on my own, I have two children.

Is it best to book through the Disney website or are there cheaper options. If I'm looking at the May half term its just over £1000 for 3 nights at the Santa Fe with park tickets, this isn't including travel, but I think its like an extra 400 or so for Eurostar. It is best to book the travel through Disney or separate?

Any advice for this desperate lone parent would be appreciated
    Originally posted by Drummer82
    may half term this year? Have you already priced up booking offsite but nearby (ie B&B hotel Disneyland Paris, or Kyriad Disneyland Paris, these are same standard as the Santa fe) and then park ticket on top? Does your onsite price include a "free" half board meal plan too? How old are your children?

Going alone with 2 kids is easypeasy for DLP , the majority of the times I've gone to DLP I've been the only adult, with 1, 2 or 3 kids with me.
    • martindow
    • By martindow 24th Mar 18, 10:45 AM
    • 7,546 Posts
    • 4,281 Thanks
    martindow
    Originally posted by cherabelle
    I assume you mean the shuttle through the tunnel. I don't think Eurostar doors are wide enough for your car.

Won't things are you wanting to buy be in UK Disney shops or on line at similar prices to DLP?
    • Drummer82
    • By Drummer82 24th Mar 18, 4:41 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Drummer82
    may half term this year? Have you already priced up booking offsite but nearby (ie B&B hotel Disneyland Paris, or Kyriad Disneyland Paris, these are same standard as the Santa fe) and then park ticket on top? Does your onsite price include a "free" half board meal plan too? How old are your children?

Going alone with 2 kids is easypeasy for DLP , the majority of the times I've gone to DLP I've been the only adult, with 1, 2 or 3 kids with me.
    Thanks Balletshoes, yes that included 15%off hotel and park tickets plus free half board meal plan, its £1,045. so I'm looking at around 1,400 with travel and then spending on top of that, not sure if that's a good deal or not but its going to be expensive in school hols isn't it.
    I did look at the slightly further out hotels last time I was looking, will have to look again and see the price difference.

My children are 11 and 15 so should be easy. I'm sort of still hoping my parents will offer to come with me, Ive asked my dad again so waiting for a response.
    I don't mind the actual park on my own though there may be some stuff we might have to skip if my 11yr old is too small or something, we will obvs only be able to go on stuff they are both big enough for.
    I'm more worried about the travel and dealing with foreign currency, language etc, I'm not one for travelling even in this country so this is what I'm most scared off!!
    • Jpaz88
    • By Jpaz88 4th Apr 18, 5:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jpaz88
    Hello all,

Really interesting reading all these posts - super helpful.

I!!!8217;m looking to book Disneyland Paris this December - preferably 22nd-24th as it is my 30th birthday (I!!!8217;m a big kid really!) It will be myself and my partner.

Preferably would prefer Eurostar as I live in London and after breaking up for half term I haven!!!8217;t got the energy to drive (I!!!8217;m a teacher! So on my knees by Xmas!!)

Would people recommend staying in a Disney hotel or one of their partner hotels? What are the pros and cons? It will probably be my only visit there!

Also - when do you recommend booking? It!!!8217;s too early to book any Eurostar tickets at the moment but don!!!8217;t want to leave it too late.

What do people recommend food wise?

Thank you in advance you lovely people
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,714Posts Today

7,918Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin