Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    • 13,275Posts
    • 41,916Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread
    • 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread 18th Jun 15 at 10:49 AM
    Please use this thread to chat about the free cinema ticket offers and films.

Please note that swapping of tickets should not be posted as it is against the site rules to exchange personal details.

This is a continuation of this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3766197
    Last edited by sarah1972; 19-06-2015 at 6:04 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 37
    • bossladysal
    • By bossladysal 13th Apr 18, 9:44 AM
    • 1,541 Posts
    • 104,853 Thanks
    bossladysal
    The code is working now!!!
    • anamenottaken
    • By anamenottaken 8th May 18, 8:14 PM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 3,628 Thanks
    anamenottaken
    Anyone else tried to confirm with SFF that they want to continue receiving offers? If so, did you get what I did of the requirement to confirm "I have read and accept the above Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions" but if I click on either of what would appear to be hyperlinks to those two documents, get a pop-up asking me to accept the T&C in order to proceed. So I would have to accept the T&C and possibly never see what they are! In theory I could then opt out if I didn't like them but who knows .......

(And I haven't accepted the T&C but will wait to see what they do about this - and will let myself be forgotten if they can't get it right.)

ETA: And now I've found that T&C/Privacy document may have opened in a new window but has now disappeared.
    Last edited by anamenottaken; 08-05-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    • Mitchmente
    • By Mitchmente 9th May 18, 6:24 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Mitchmente
    Anyone else tried to confirm with SFF that they want to continue receiving offers? If so, did you get what I did of the requirement to confirm "I have read and accept the above Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions" but if I click on either of what would appear to be hyperlinks to those two documents, get a pop-up asking me to accept the T&C in order to proceed. So I would have to accept the T&C and possibly never see what they are! In theory I could then opt out if I didn't like them but who knows .......

(And I haven't accepted the T&C but will wait to see what they do about this - and will let myself be forgotten if they can't get it right.)

ETA: And now I've found that T&C/Privacy document may have opened in a new window but has now disappeared.
    Originally posted by anamenottaken
    If you login to SFF AND click “Manage my email preferences” there are the links to the privacy policy and T’s & C’s there that you can click on and read through.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 13th May 18, 10:16 PM
    • 13,118 Posts
    • 141,531 Thanks
    quoia

Originally posted by anamenottaken
    I couldn't even "tick the boxes" on my tablet when I'd logged in - even though it had defaulted to the "MOBILE" site.
    Selected DESKTOP site and I was able to do it OK

Also encountered the problems you describe - the Privacy Policy link "MID-page" is Java script and opens within the current page despite the pop-up re "accept T&C and continue" (well it did for me)

The links at the bottom of the page will allow you to open in a new window as has been mentioned by Mitchmente

They take you here .....

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/info/T+%252526+C.html

and

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/info/Privacy+Policy.html

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 4th Jul 18, 3:12 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    Has anyone had any emails off SFF lately? I re registered etc and did what my email told me back in May when GDPR stuff came in but haven't heard from them since, are there just no free films at the moment?
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 4th Jul 18, 4:40 PM
    • 22,480 Posts
    • 11,076 Thanks
    lisyloo
    I have, yes.
    Went to a good gig last week in central London.
    I tend to mostly get gigs not films in central London. I don't think they do free films in London.
    • Alikay
    • By Alikay 4th Jul 18, 4:57 PM
    • 4,801 Posts
    • 12,942 Thanks
    Alikay
    Yes, I've had a couple of emails recently offering gigs rather than cinema tickets: A couple of comedy shows in the East Mids and a horse racing event with extra entertainment. Both sounded great but were too far to travel on a school night, so sadly had to decline
    • Queenriderbrekke
    • By Queenriderbrekke 5th Jul 18, 12:57 PM
    • 5,397 Posts
    • 51,115 Thanks
    Queenriderbrekke
    Had an offer for Whitney tonight, but my cinema not on list
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 10th Jul 18, 6:53 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    I had the Whitney one but I was already at a ladies night :-) When I finally get one I cannot go. Sods law.
    • aife
    • By aife 10th Jul 18, 8:28 PM
    • 195 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    aife
    I have, yes.
    Went to a good gig last week in central London.
    I tend to mostly get gigs not films in central London. I don't think they do free films in London.
    Originally posted by lisyloo
    I'm in London , I've had several films over the past few months , Bit quieter past few weeks but got offered one yesterday
    I get quite a lot of 'art house ' type films , I assume there are less people going for these so maybe they target people who respond to certain categories ?
    • keiran
    • By keiran 3rd Aug 18, 1:10 PM
    • 445 Posts
    • 226 Thanks
    keiran
    re :Searching code ( thanks)

My ticket does not show the QR code and has a "broken image" icon instead. As this is what is scanned, it will lead to problems

Anyone else got this? and any solutions?

I've emailed support at weticketit and will report what they say, if anything
    Last edited by keiran; 03-08-2018 at 4:44 PM.
    • keiran
    • By keiran 3rd Aug 18, 4:41 PM
    • 445 Posts
    • 226 Thanks
    keiran
    The QR code has magically appeared now, I'm pleased to say.
    I assume it will be the same for everyone
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 3rd Aug 18, 5:44 PM
    • 2,096 Posts
    • 3,517 Thanks
    Poochface
    The QR code has magically appeared now, I'm pleased to say.
    I assume it will be the same for everyone
    Originally posted by keiran

Next time, could you refrain from chatting in the codes only thread especially as your post could have attracted further comments.
    • paulbrighton2018
    • By paulbrighton2018 11th Aug 18, 10:54 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    paulbrighton2018
    Just seen this thread, after posting elsewhere- M&M cinema ticket packs are back in (Tesco, others?) the shops... 10 tokens needed - 5 packs of two tokens each = £5 ! (bigger packs may have more tokens)
    Last edited by paulbrighton2018; 11-08-2018 at 10:54 AM. Reason: extra
    formerly known as skintpaul.
    • Forgetful
    • By Forgetful 19th Aug 18, 5:58 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 9,526 Thanks
    Forgetful
    Has the free cinema codes section been removed.??? cannot see it... was sure it was there yesterday..
    • peewhyeff
    • By peewhyeff 19th Aug 18, 7:08 PM
    • 675 Posts
    • 1,008 Thanks
    peewhyeff
    Has the free cinema codes section been removed.??? cannot see it... was sure it was there yesterday..
    Originally posted by Forgetful
    I think you may be right, I just looked and can't find it. I usually look about once or twice a week.
    • Locky
    • By Locky 19th Aug 18, 7:22 PM
    • 945 Posts
    • 2,788 Thanks
    Locky
    I think you may be right, I just looked and can't find it. I usually look about once or twice a week.
    Originally posted by peewhyeff
    It looks like it's been put in the 'Gone but not forgotten' section by somebody:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74677574
    • peewhyeff
    • By peewhyeff 19th Aug 18, 7:29 PM
    • 675 Posts
    • 1,008 Thanks
    peewhyeff
    It looks like it's been put in the 'Gone but not forgotten' section by somebody:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74677574
    Originally posted by Locky
    I was just about to edit my previous post as I too just spotted it in 'found but not forgotten' .
    Though why it's been moved beats me!
    • Forgetful
    • By Forgetful 19th Aug 18, 9:03 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 9,526 Thanks
    Forgetful
    thank you everyone
    • TheDarkKnight93
    • By TheDarkKnight93 1st Sep 18, 9:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TheDarkKnight93
    I noticed on the Code thread that there were tickets via "My Sky App".

I have the App on my phone, signed in, but how would I go about getting tickets to the screening for that particular movie?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,169Posts Today

8,924Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin