cheap disability aids ('sensory education')

Options
Hi everyone.

Im having trouble with this site (not for the first time). Placed an order 31/05/15 selected standard delivery (3-5 days). still not received. chased company and was told to wait until the 8/05/15 because they could not report parcel missing until this date.Ive waited and waited and sent emails. After the 8th theyve started ignoring me, my parcel has still not come. Im really angry as it was for my children with special needs and its things that they do need urgently. Are my next options small claims court? I have tried to be amicable but they aren't even responding to me now.

Any help would be much appreciated!

*many of the regulars here might remember a post about this company i made last year. I purchased a sensory lightbulb from the company to help calm my daughter down, it became faulty within the warranty period and they refused to refund/replace. Furthermore i was threatened by staff that if i took them to the small claims court they would counterclaim and charge £150 an hour for the directors time! (over a lightbulb). Consequently i was bribed to take the post down after the director got wind of the post (as it was damaging trade) and received a replacement and a bunch of flowers and was promised lessons had been learnt! (obviously not!) I feel so stupid for taking the post down now.
This is my first order since that time and have noticed the company have changed their name to 'sensory education'.Ithought i would give them a try and maybe customer service has improved (obviously not)
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Comments

• Paully232000
    Paully232000 Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    How did you pay for the good, and how much was the total?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    wrightk wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Im having trouble with this site (not for the first time). Placed an order 31/05/15 selected standard delivery (3-5 days). still not received. chased company and was told to wait until the 8/05/15 because they could not report parcel missing until this date.Ive waited and waited and sent emails. After the 8th theyve started ignoring me, my parcel has still not come. Im really angry as it was for my children with special needs and its things that they do need urgently. Are my next options small claims court? I have tried to be amicable but they aren't even responding to me now.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Assuming you paid my debit or credit card, consider asking your card issuer for a chargeback.

Might be worth reading MSE's Chargeback article first.
  • wrightk
    wrightk Posts: 975 Forumite
    Options
    thankyou,
    paid £62 online
    Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    thankyou,
    paid £62 online

What does "paid £62 online" mean?

Did you use a debit card to pay?
    Or did you use a credit card to pay?

Perhaps you mean that you used online banking to transfer money directly to their bank account.

Please clarify.
  • wrightk
    Options
    sorry to clarify- i paid £62 by debit card via the websites online purchasing facilities
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Theres an old saying "once bitten...
  • wrightk
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    Theres an old saying "once bitten...

In fairness i did leave it over a year before ordering with them again and always think people deserve a second chance. id hoped they had learnt lessons from last time. price/choice is also very important especially when as a result of your childs disability they are very destructive towards themselves/others/property etc

certainly wont be using them again,just trying to focus on retrieving my money so it can be used for their benefit
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    just trying to focus on retrieving my money so it can be used for their benefit

In which case you already have the advice you need - contact your card issuer and raise a chargeback claim for non-delivery of goods. :)
  • wrightk
    Options
    many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure