Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Martyn1981
    • By Martyn1981 9th Jun 15, 7:25 AM
    • 7,228Posts
    • 11,693Thanks
    Martyn1981
    Green, ethical, energy issues in the news.
    • 9th Jun 15, 7:25 AM
    Green, ethical, energy issues in the news. 9th Jun 15 at 7:25 AM
    I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for posting general news items that may be of interest.

PV and the 'Solar in the news' thread attract a lot of interest, so here's a thread for all the other goings on.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
Page 71
    • gefnew
    • By gefnew 6th Aug 18, 9:00 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    gefnew
    Hi all
    here`s good one.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45082416
    regards
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 10th Aug 18, 5:15 PM
    • 853 Posts
    • 2,451 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Green light for £3.5 million EU-backed low carbon energy storage initiative.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30į pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers. Inst Aug 2015.
    + REUK Diverter & Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • Martyn1981
    • By Martyn1981 13th Aug 18, 4:01 PM
    • 7,228 Posts
    • 11,693 Thanks
    Martyn1981
    Trump is trying hard but it looks like RE is now unstoppable in the US. To reverse the progress now would take the work of a madman hell bent on national and global destruction ........ oh damn!

EIA Data Undermines Trumpís Love Affair With Coal & Nuclear

Specifically, the United Statesí renewable energy sources ó consisting of biomass, geothermal, hydropower, solar, and wind ó now provide more electricity than nuclear power in over half the states across the country, and more electricity than coal in a third of the states. Further, according to data compiled from the reports by Ken Bossong of the Sun Day Campaign, over the next three years of capacity additions and retirements, the US coal industry will experience a net-loss of 16 gigawatts (GW) and the nuclear industry will only see a net-increase of 0.8 GW.

Conversely, utility-scale renewable energy capacity is expected to skyrocket by 157 GW over the same time period, led primarily by wind energy with nearly 91 gigawatts (GW) and solar with just over 52 GW.
    [Note - I changed the references from MW to GW as they were a bit 'silly'. M.]
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
    • Coastalwatch
    • By Coastalwatch 13th Aug 18, 5:20 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 539 Thanks
    Coastalwatch
    Trump is trying hard but it looks like RE is now unstoppable in the US. To reverse the progress now would take the work of a madman hell bent on national and global destruction ........ oh damn!

EIA Data Undermines Trumpís Love Affair With Coal & Nuclear

Originally posted by Martyn1981
    Thanks Mart, your last sentence gave me a wry smile or two.
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23į pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus one dirty diesel. Still waiting for V2H and home storage to become available at sensible cost.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,015Posts Today

8,698Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin