Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NOWSE
    • By NOWSE 3rd Jun 15, 10:15 PM
    • 377Posts
    • 139Thanks
    NOWSE
    B & Q Diamond Card not as good as I'd thought
    • 3rd Jun 15, 10:15 PM
    B & Q Diamond Card not as good as I'd thought 3rd Jun 15 at 10:15 PM
    I have only recently passed 60 and therefore qualified for a diamond card. I had thought that any purchases that I made using the card on a Wednesday would qualify for the discount. It seems that the discount is only applicable on items being sold for their full price. any item in a sale or on any sort of offer is excluded.
Page 2
    • Labsuper
    • By Labsuper 27th Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    Labsuper
    I was under the impression that using this card on a Wednesday entitled me to 10% on B & Q prices.

So I was a bit surprised to find it excludes items when you are buying goods on promotion. So if you are buying say 4 items for a certain price, there is no point in shopping on a Wednesday as you don't get any discount, just like any ordinary customer.

I am sure this is a new tactic by B & Q as I can't remember having this problem before.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement, I would have thought the discount offer would be across the board for ALL prices.

In future I will check prices without taking into account using the Diamond Club card discount and probably end up shopping elsewhere.
    Originally posted by harrisom66
    Why? The T&C's you agreed to say otherwise:-

14.0 The discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions, including meal deals and other price discounts.

Not that uncommon a policy in other stores.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 27th Apr 17, 8:50 PM
    • 22,324 Posts
    • 11,902 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I was under the impression that using this card on a Wednesday entitled me to 10% on B & Q prices.
    Originally posted by harrisom66
    Not across the board and this has never been the case. You can't buy a Kitchen or gift vouchers for example.

You should read the terms and conditions available either from their website or in-store.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 28th Apr 17, 10:07 AM
    • 3,286 Posts
    • 2,231 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    I don't bother with them anymore, needed some paint for an immediate job and it wasn't Wednesday, checked price of paint at our other DIY shed and it was cheaper even if I took into account the 10% discount!
    • ColinFishwick
    • By ColinFishwick 28th Apr 17, 11:03 AM
    • 700 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    ColinFishwick
    You can get many things they sell a lot cheaper at there own Screwfix or alternatively Toolstation which I prefer as its closer to me. B&Q are a rip off for many things, only exception is some of there garden annuals packs which are good value. We dont have any other diy shed near me but paint can be sourced cheaper else where locally to me
    • Stan.In.Devon
    • By Stan.In.Devon 2nd Aug 18, 6:01 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Stan.In.Devon
    All the above is now somewhat academic .... they've given notice that the 10 % discount is no longer from 3rd September (except for gardening relatedpurchases).

I always thought it was quite generous for us oldies ... a 10% discount throughout the store could be quite good - provided the item wasn't vastly overpriced in the first place ... and it applied to online purchases too - but not any more.
    • scottygirl
    • By scottygirl 4th Aug 18, 9:17 AM
    • 78 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    scottygirl
    As the previous poster said this is now ending on 3rd September and limited to garden products only , as apparently B&Q know how important gardening is to there DIamond card customers lol
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 4th Aug 18, 3:06 PM
    • 22,324 Posts
    • 11,902 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    All the above is now somewhat academic
    Originally posted by Stan.In.Devon
    Indeed, but well over a year since the last post of this discussion.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 6th Aug 18, 1:13 PM
    • 9,170 Posts
    • 6,865 Thanks
    pmduk

I always thought it was quite generous for us oldies ... a 10% discount throughout the store could be quite good - provided the item wasn't vastly overpriced in the first place
    Originally posted by Stan.In.Devon
    But being B&Q it usually was overpriced in the first place
    • Stan.In.Devon
    • By Stan.In.Devon 21st Aug 18, 12:17 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Stan.In.Devon
    Indeed, but well over a year since the last post of this discussion.
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    Well, yes, it was ... so are you saying I need not, or even should not have bothered to contribute then?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,842Posts Today

7,859Users online

Martin's Twitter