one day at a time

Options

Comments

• safehouse
    safehouse Posts: 710 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Electrician no 4 and very impressed....good news, he came across as very professional and honest....managed to get 2 of my sockets working without charge and his quote is way cheaper than all other electricians.....bad news, I still need a full rewire in kitchen area which will involve 3 days of mess and disruption, new laminate lifted in 3 areas, my lovely new wall tiles removed and nice newly skimmed and painted walls chased all at a cost of £900 :eek:. So have decided to think about it all tomorrow.........................;)
    Good result DS has finally had his student finance sorted, both tutor and loan agreed and turns out he is a little better off than last year :T
    Seems like quite a ong day today suddenly feel like I've hit a wall and ready for a tiny sleepy...........................Yawn:):)
  • safehouse
    Options
    Bright and early start ....love the early mornings :D....
    OH has been working hard and really has been making an effort to cut back his drinking this week and as my DS says "small steps", I can see he is finding it a struggle, which is worrying.......I thought by giving him lots of praise along with maybe a little reverse psychology might help.............................................
    weekend looming and I am well aware this contentment I am feeling is just as easily shattered, just not sure to what degree....................................
    Anyway hoping to manage at-least £160 for my mortgage today and a little extra into my CC :T.
    After noticing how so many debt busters have emergency funds...."something I should definitely consider especially after recent events" I will be starting mine later today.
    Shower time....but arhhh no rush....will have a nice second cuppa tea first :).........

DS 0…. CC 3,900 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£65,750 paid £34,250 remaining
  • safehouse
    edited 6 May 2016 at 7:10PM
    Options
    Didnt manage to get to the bank today...busy busy, so todays savings deposit, will have to wait till Monday .....
    EF started today with £10......................:D:D

DS 0…. CC 3,900 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£65,750 paid £34,250 remaining...£10 EF
  • safehouse
    edited 9 May 2016 at 4:36AM
    Options
    WOW I have been awarded the "1 year anniversary" badge!
    Couldn't sleep, so nice little message to find in the middle of the night, ...........proud to think I have stuck to paying off my debts and saving for my mortgage for a whole year. Sadly the realization it has also been another wasted year of OH and his problem being the reason I started my diary in the first place.....................sorry for the gloomy post, not a great weekend .Falling backwards mentally and physically.
    I should try and get some shut eye..............maybe tomorrow will be brighter and I can brush myself down and push forward as my beautiful Dmama would say. Who knows I might even fill tomorows post with smiley faces...now theirs optimism for you Diary..........
  • safehouse
    edited 11 May 2016 at 6:53PM
    Options
    Massive £500 left over from very good April wage pot along with super frugal month ........quickly paid into mortgage this morning :j so smiley faces well deserved from a financial point of view at-least
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DS 0…. CC 3,900 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£66,250 paid £33,750 remaining.... EF £10
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow an extra £500 is amazing :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • safehouse
    Options
    Thank you Bobarella, but probably wont stay there long ....being naughty throwing extra cash at savings and ignoring electrics repair :eek:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I sympathise on the electrics bill. We had to have our house rewired a few years back (part of a renovation) anyway we ended up with a cowboy builder who did such substandard work that we had to pay double to put right what he had done. He also stole from us (money supposedly for a plasterer) so I really sympathise. It's expensive work.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • safehouse
    Options
    Ooh that's terrible Bobarella....very unlucky....thankfully OH has been is in the plumbing/building trade for more than 30 years, so word normally gets round regarding all the bad tradesmen in the area who should be avoided.

Haven't had any silly spends today, well accept £1 on some Baker treats for my molly moo, but not her fault I'm having to save for my mortgage.
    Done a lovely job of my front and back gardens, aching everywhere so couch potato evening planned :D
    OH still trying to make amends for the weekend, fell off the wagon literally as he's nursing a black eye and cant even remember doing it! serves him right the silly old *** "not my doing really lol " anyway we haven't spoken much since and its probably warmer in my chest freezer than it is the rest of the house, not that I mind in fact enjoying the peace and quiet to be honest ;)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi. Sorry OH spoilt the weekend. Hopefully having to explainthe black eye to all he meets will make him think again about his next drink.

Well done on the £500 and the gardening Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills