Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Tony
    • By MSE Tony 14th May 15, 1:38 PM
    • 71Posts
    • 20Thanks
    MSE Tony
    Insurance2go Mobile Phone Insurance Discussion
    • 14th May 15, 1:38 PM
    Insurance2go Mobile Phone Insurance Discussion 14th May 15 at 1:38 PM
    Hi,

This is a feedback thread on mobile phone insurance provider:

Insurance2go

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part:
    • Have you experienced problems?
    • Did you haggle and succeed?

The feedback comes as part of the Mobile Phone Insurance Cover guide.

Thank you,

MSE Tony
Page 3
    • Sunshine62
    • By Sunshine62 9th Aug 18, 11:16 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Sunshine62
    Not worth the money. Not if you aren't receiving a new phone. Consider taking the risk and claiming on household insurance....

My daughter insured her Iphone paid £539 for it, she paid 30 months premiums of £7, so £210 and has just been told she will get a refurbished one which is basically worthless....AND STILL PAY £50 excess.....yet new ones can be purchased on Ebay around £250 There are umpteen reviews of faulty phones being sent out if you google and if you happen to need to send one to them for repair, you have to pay for Special Delivery postage too and of course if that phones proves to be faulty you would have to resend again at your own cost.

Has anyone actually received a new phone from them ?

Take a risk on claiming for any loss on your household insurance

Sunshine
    • Blibble
    • By Blibble 12th Aug 18, 8:41 PM
    • 492 Posts
    • 846 Thanks
    Blibble
    Has anyone actually received a new phone from them
    Originally posted by Sunshine62
    No. Because they don't offer that within their policy. Which is available online before you pay a penny.
    Wedding fund - £2449.82 (£4113.17)
    OP fund - £1971.13 (£111.53)
    Emergency fund - £400.00
    • michelro
    • By michelro 25th Sep 18, 2:38 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    michelro
    Do not go for this company if you want to put your money in the bin.
    They made me call 4 times to explained what happen to my phone. It is water damaged by the way and obviously was not intentional because I didn't even want a new phone I wanted it repaired or something since I have lost all my pictures.

After 3 weeks they sent me an email saying that my phone is not WATERPROOF but WATER RESISTANCE and they are not paying anything. I've been with them for 2 years already until today of course. Worst service, company and very very slow. Trust me I never write reviews but this is just for you to don't fall into the same thing, I might lose my phone and my money paying to them but I don't want anyone happening the same thing.

Thanks and I hope you find another company that really does what it says.

PS: I even had the premium service and they did not pay.

Cheers.
    • Blibble
    • By Blibble 25th Sep 18, 6:48 PM
    • 492 Posts
    • 846 Thanks
    Blibble
    They made me call 4 times to explained what happen to my phone. It is water damaged by the way and obviously was not intentional because I didn't even want a new phone I wanted it repaired or something since I have lost all my pictures.

After 3 weeks they sent me an email saying that my phone is not WATERPROOF but WATER RESISTANCE and they are not paying anything. I've been with them for 2 years already until today of course. Worst service, company and very very slow. Trust me I never write reviews but this is just for you to don't fall into the same thing, I might lose my phone and my money paying to them but I don't want anyone happening the same thing.
    Originally posted by michelro
    The fact that your handset is water resistant not waterproof is not the reason the claim was declined. How did the damage happen? Where was the phone purchased from, and was it brand new?
    Wedding fund - £2449.82 (£4113.17)
    OP fund - £1971.13 (£111.53)
    Emergency fund - £400.00
    • Ashleymarkcharles
    • By Ashleymarkcharles 16th Oct 18, 6:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ashleymarkcharles
    Terrible experience.
    Please sever ties with Insurance2go. My upgrade with Apple was void and costly. The Apple representive‘s desciprition of them was “charlatans.”

I had so many issues in getting a replacement device from them... and it turned out internally that the iPhone was unrecognisable and not an iPhone at all.

On contacting the insurance company and calmly explaining the issue, their tone changed considerably. They were overly defensive, rude and hid behind the T & Cs.

I now have a lengthy battle (and much stress) to recoup my costs.

I have used moneysavingexpert many times for advice on bank accounts, credit cards, shopping deals. I and many others trust Martin Lewis. I will continue to use the service. But please banish this company from your top billed recommendation.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 16th Oct 18, 6:58 PM
    • 33,160 Posts
    • 20,881 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Please sever ties with Insurance2go. My upgrade with Apple was void and costly. The Apple representive‘s desciprition of them was “charlatans.”

I had so many issues in getting a replacement device from them... and it turned out internally that the iPhone was unrecognisable and not an iPhone at all.

On contacting the insurance company and calmly explaining the issue, their tone changed considerably. They were overly defensive, rude and hid behind the T & Cs.

I now have a lengthy battle (and much stress) to recoup my costs.

I have used moneysavingexpert many times for advice on bank accounts, credit cards, shopping deals. I and many others trust Martin Lewis. I will continue to use the service. But please banish this company from your top billed recommendation.
    Originally posted by Ashleymarkcharles

Cant see it happening because you say so.
    • Cheerylor
    • By Cheerylor 11th Dec 18, 12:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cheerylor
    Avoid avoid avoid
    AVOID AVOID AVOID! ABSOLUTE SHAM - MULTIPLE FAULTY REPLACEMENTS

Absolute sham to deal with when you make a claim. Phone stolen, reported etc. Sent faulty replacements 3 times, nearly 2 months on and still don’t have a replacement phone that actually works. 2 x faulty phones the touch screen kept freezing so uselsss, third kept cutting off my calls so was also useless. Promised collections and delivery that never happen so have wasted many days waiting in. Been on the phone to them so many times it’s ridiculous! Can only ever speak to a line manager rather than someone who is actually able to make decisions. So many assurances made and none have been met. Waiting on another collection of the third faulty phone they have sent me as didn’t collect yesterday. Absolutely had enough now! So much for taking out insurance to “get me back to same position as before phone stolen” their quote.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

484Posts Today

4,979Users online

Martin's Twitter