Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    orchid-96
    Easy Biscuit recipe please
    • 9th Aug 07, 12:42 PM
    Easy Biscuit recipe please 9th Aug 07 at 12:42 PM
    Can anyone give me a recipe for yummy biscuits that is not too difficult for a novice baker..I have tried to search the forum, but just keep getting references to biscuits - is there an easy way to find old recipes that have been listed? I have seen quite a few references to Twinks Hobnobs but can't seem to locate that one either...

Thanks kindly
    Jun GC £250.00/£12.40 NSD 3 / 30

January 200/198.91 February 200/239.28 March 200/230
    April 250/no idea May 250/265.95

Sealed pot challenge number 648
Page 1
    • Miss Cinnabon
    • By Miss Cinnabon 9th Aug 07, 12:49 PM
    • 19,434 Posts
    • 577,788 Thanks
    Miss Cinnabon
    • 9th Aug 07, 12:49 PM
    • 9th Aug 07, 12:49 PM
    Hi these are twinks hobnobs, they are really yummy and easy to make:

twinks hobnobs

Post 4 i think, the recipe

Susie
    • Rikki
    • By Rikki 9th Aug 07, 12:59 PM
    • 20,648 Posts
    • 21,773 Thanks
    Rikki
    • 9th Aug 07, 12:59 PM
    • 9th Aug 07, 12:59 PM
    Queenie's Every Day Biscuits

This recipe from Queenie always gets high praise.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 .............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

.................................................. ....................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • art_student
    • 9th Aug 07, 1:11 PM
    • 9th Aug 07, 1:11 PM
    Easy peasy oaty digestive recipie (from Mary Berry)

Makes about 16 biscuits

2oz (50g) caster sugar
    4oz (100g) soft margarine
    4oz (100g) rolled oats
    2oz (50g) plain flour

Pre-heat the oven to 160 degreesC / 325 degrees Farenheight / Gas mark 3. Lightly grease two baking trays.

Measure the sugar and margarine into a bowl and cream together. Add the oats and flour and work them into the mixture. Lightly knead the mixture until smooth and then roll out to a thickness of 1/4 in (5mm) on a lightly floured surface. Cut into rounds using a 2 1/2 in (6cm) plain cutter and place on the prepared baking trays.
    Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 mins or until beginning to colour. Lift on to a wire rack to cool.
    • CLARABEL
    • By CLARABEL 9th Aug 07, 2:59 PM
    • 440 Posts
    • 534 Thanks
    CLARABEL
    • 9th Aug 07, 2:59 PM
    • 9th Aug 07, 2:59 PM
    oh good grief!

I am now going to have to turn this off and bake some biscuits....this is not good for my dieting!!!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks, my mouth is watering!!!

clara.xx
  • Alexnikov
    • 9th Aug 07, 3:35 PM
    • 9th Aug 07, 3:35 PM
    150g butter or marg
    150g sugar
    225g flour
    1 tablespoon milk

1. Preheat oven to 190oC and line a couple of baking trays with parchment
    2. Beat the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until light and flour, then work in the flour and milk to make a stiff dough
    3. Add in your flavouring*
    4. Roll dessertspoonfuls of mixture into balls and put onto baking trays. Squash them down with a fork so they make a disk about 1cm thick.
    5. Bake for 10-14 minutes. They should only be a light tan colour and still squidgy in the middle.

* Flavouring - basically just throw some stuff in the mix and see what tastes nicest I like raisins or finely chopped stem ginger but you can put pretty much anything in them. They're lovely!
    • CLARABEL
    • By CLARABEL 10th Aug 07, 10:44 AM
    • 440 Posts
    • 534 Thanks
    CLARABEL
    • 10th Aug 07, 10:44 AM
    • 10th Aug 07, 10:44 AM
    wow!

those biscuits are gorgeous, and hubby and all his workmates now think i am a domestic goddess becasue I keep sending him in with boxes of HM biccies!

least it stops me from scoffing them all!
    Kids love these too!!!

thanks

clara.xx
  • Gingham Ribbon
    • 10th Aug 07, 12:13 PM
    • 10th Aug 07, 12:13 PM
    I made some hobnobs a couple of days ago and made some of Queenie's every day biscuits yesterday. They disappear fast round here. (We gave half to a friend's little girl to take home as she helped make them.)

The every day biscuits spread a lot and were very thin. I added cocoa powder to them and sprinkled them with drinking chocolate. Yum!
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 10th Aug 07, 12:26 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 10th Aug 07, 12:26 PM
    • 10th Aug 07, 12:26 PM
    For dozens of bullet proof biscuit recipes...

http://www.be-ro.co.uk/f_insp.htm
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • jennet1
    ideas for baby rice!!!
    A friend insisted we take 2 boxes of baby rice for my son, only he's too old and eats "proper" food now, has anyone any ideas what I can do with it? I dont think I could stomach a sloppy "rice pud"
    • Crazychik
    • By Crazychik 19th Feb 08, 8:41 AM
    • 1,986 Posts
    • 17,302 Thanks
    Crazychik
    Easy Biscuit recipes wanted please....
    I love making Twinks hobnobs and would appreciate some quick & easy tried & tested biscuit recipes on the same wave length and easy to follow instructions.

Thanks you
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
    • Penelope Penguin
    • By Penelope Penguin 19th Feb 08, 8:49 AM
    • 17,087 Posts
    • 132,754 Thanks
    Penelope Penguin
    Aussie's anzacs are good, too. The recipe's on the hobnob thread.

Penny. x
    Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding
    • Pink.
    • By Pink. 19th Feb 08, 8:51 AM
    • 17,431 Posts
    • 40,365 Thanks
    Pink.
    Hi crazychick,

I made Aussie's Anzacs last week and they were a lovely variation on twinks hobnobs....not better mind, just as lovely as twinks. OMG I'm going to cause a war here!

If you have a look through these older threads you should find a recipe you like:

easy biscuit/cake recipe needed urgently

Need biscuit recipes asap!

Freshly baked cookies

Help with biscuits please

School fete

simple recipes for cakes/cookies/ tray bakes with milk chocolate?

Healthy Flapjack type biscuits (dead easy!)

Pink
  • icandream
    Chocolate biscuits
    Tee hee - I've just put my first batch of Twink's hobnobs in the oven, and the house is filled with the most delicious smell.
    One biscuit recipe I've used again and again because the kids love how easy it is is for chocolate biscuits:
    8 oz s r flour
    8 oz marg or butter
    4 oz caster sugar
    2 oz cocoa
    Mix marg and sugar. Add flour and cocoa, and make a dough. Make balls (like Twink's recipe!) - I make them just larger than walnut-sized. Put on greased tray, and flatten with a fork (I've always dipped the fork in cold water as it seems to work better). Bake for 10 mins at Gas 5 (190 C). Yum. This makes lots of biscuits - around 60-65. But they disappear very, very quickly!
    • Crazychik
    • By Crazychik 19th Feb 08, 9:04 AM
    • 1,986 Posts
    • 17,302 Thanks
    Crazychik
    Mmmmm, thanks guys (thanks button not working yet again)

Thanks Pink, this will give me plenty to read.

The chocolate biscuits just sound like the hob nobs! Do you mix the marg & sugar to a crumbly mix?

Off to read the links now!!!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
    • moneysavinmonkey
    • By moneysavinmonkey 19th Feb 08, 9:21 AM
    • 1,197 Posts
    • 1,540 Thanks
    moneysavinmonkey
    American-Style Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies
    I'm cr** at baking normally but I made these cookies in order to use up some leftover peanut butter and they were really easy, really quick and tasted amazing...

http://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2008/01/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

the recipe made loads of dough so I froze some in a sausage and then whenever i wanted cookies I just slice a couple rounds off and popped in oven for an extra couple mins!! yum!!!
    Last edited by moneysavinmonkey; 19-02-2008 at 9:40 AM.
  • boo81
    The ones I make are very easy (my boyfriend makes them ) and are flexible depending on what bits and bobs you have available.

Im not 100% sure on the quantites though but basically they are oaty biscuits with fruit and nuts. You melt golden syrup, butter and sugar in a pan and mix all the other ingredients in a bowl, combine the melted bits with the dry stuff and shape into biscuits with your hand. Bake for 15 mins on 170c.

Let me know if you want the recipe. The biscuits are gorgeous, me and my boyf both have them for lunch every day and we make them every weekend now.
    • Crazychik
    • By Crazychik 19th Feb 08, 9:26 AM
    • 1,986 Posts
    • 17,302 Thanks
    Crazychik
    Hiya Boo

Sounds on a similar scale to Twinks hobnobs, Ive too before added dried fruit, choc chips etc to the mix.

Please if you can, would appreciate the recipe.

The be-ro site I found through one of the links from Pink, is sooooo idiots guide (just what I need)
  • icandream
    The chocolate biscuits just sound like the hob nobs! Do you mix the marg & sugar to a crumbly mix?
    Originally posted by Crazychik
    Hi Crazychik: no, just cream them together really well before adding the flour and cocoa. It's similar to Twink's in that there's no rolling. I copied this out some 20 years ago - can't remember where I got it, and it's always one I come back to. It's easy and makes smashing biscuits.
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 19th Feb 08, 9:37 AM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    Hi crazychick,

I made Aussie's Anzacs last week and they were a lovely variation on twinks hobnobs....not better mind, just as lovely as twinks. OMG I'm going to cause a war here!

If you have a look through these older threads you should find a recipe you like:

easy biscuit/cake recipe needed urgently

Need biscuit recipes asap!

Freshly baked cookies

Help with biscuits please

School fete

simple recipes for cakes/cookies/ tray bakes with milk chocolate?

Healthy Flapjack type biscuits (dead easy!)

Pink
    Originally posted by Pink-winged

I've just added these into the new Complete Cooking Collection. (it's so easy when someone finds all the links for you already ) so the listing for biscuits is now...

Biscuits:
    - Banana and date bars
    - Cereal bars etc for diabetics
    - Cookies - Freshly baked
    - Easy biscuit/cake recipe needed urgently
    - Easy Biscuit recipe please
    - Forgot to add the sugar, can I add it now
    - Flour - can I use strong?
    - Freshly baked cookies- Healthy Flapjack type biscuits (dead easy!)
    - Help with biscuits please
    - Homemade hobnobs? (includes Twink's World Famous Recipe)
    - Need biscuit recipes asap!
    - No bake cereal bars
    - Oat cakes (hob nobs)
    - Oatmeal biscuits - old recipe?
    - Quick and easy?
    - Recipes please?
    - Ritz biscuits out of date
    - School fete
    - Shah biscuits recipe?
    - simple recipes for cakes/cookies/ tray bakes with milk chocolate?
    Last edited by squeaky; 19-02-2008 at 9:42 AM.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,732Posts Today

6,526Users online

Martin's Twitter