Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search

Results: Has being in debt caused you stress and anxiety?

Yes

96.13% • 571 votes

No

3.87% • 23 votes

You may not vote on this poll

594 votes in total.

• FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 8th May 15, 10:26 AM
    • 9,419Posts
    • 22,334Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    Debt and Mental Health - How have your debts affected you?
    • 8th May 15, 10:26 AM
    Debt and Mental Health - How have your debts affected you? 8th May 15 at 10:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

As part of Mental Health Awareness Week 2015 next week (11-17 May), we’re supporting Stepchange Debt Charity and the Mental Health Foundation (MHF) in highlighting how debt can play a large part in mental health issues.

We have a free Mental Health and Debt guide available for anyone to download so if you're struggling please do take a look!

Has being in debt caused you stress and anxiety?

We're launching a poll to see how many of you have had mental health issues. We've kept responses private so other forum users won't see who's voted in the poll. If you'd like to reply below and discuss that would be great but don't feel you have to.

Join the forum to vote in the poll and join the conversation: join.

Mental Health Awareness Week Twitter Chat Wed 13 May, 11am

We're hosting a twitter chat with StepChange Debt Charity and the Mental Health Foundation this Wednesday: Twitter Chat
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 08-05-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 10
    • jjhdee
    • By jjhdee 15th Apr 19, 4:12 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    jjhdee
    My advice is to always pay off your credit cards in full each month, this way you are deemed more trustworthy by the banks/lenders.
    Originally posted by jeandenham66

This has been my mistake early on, and thinking that my credit card is an extension of my money instead of a loan.
    • anthonyfielding
    • By anthonyfielding 16th Apr 19, 5:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    anthonyfielding
    How to Mental health
    How to Mental health It is well to be sane and have liability than go crazy and at Manhattanmedicalarts.com/cardiology.php kill manually and have no debt.
    • 3011gillian
    • By 3011gillian 17th Apr 19, 7:15 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    3011gillian
    Struggling a lot at the moment. After years of bad decisions (i was brought up in a very poor family so having a full time job and my own income felt great!), plus redundancies/maternity leave and a lack of options for flexible working resulting in a massive income drop. We found ourselves in a dmp. We’ve paid about half off but recently begun the CCA process which I’m not feeling the benefit of yet, I find it stressful not hearing from creditors and find myself waiting for the postman each day.
    Hubby was yet again made redundant (well jumped ship when salaries weren’t paid at Xmas) and although he got a new job he’s really not enjoying it and it doesn’t fit very well with childcare/work life balance and his overall happiness.
    We’re talking about him finding a new job, me finding a new job (to help financially) or giving up one of my current jobs (to ease the childcare issue), plus this constant pressure to save for a house-were almost 40 so the figure are getting worse for mortgages and working until we drop.
    It’s all a bit much to think about in one go!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,309Posts Today

7,029Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin