Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rebecca01
    • By Rebecca01 4th May 15, 9:01 AM
    • 659Posts
    • 996Thanks
    Rebecca01
    Dear Diary Love from Rebecca
    • 4th May 15, 9:01 AM
    Dear Diary Love from Rebecca 4th May 15 at 9:01 AM
    Hi all
    My name is Rebecca. I am 35 years old ( eeek on Thursday) with a six year old daughter.

Hopefully starting a diary will help me keep on track and look back on my spending. Last year I split with my daughter's Dad. He had a good wage but drank and gambled a lot of it. Anyway moving on I have less disposalble income but I feel better off if that makes sense?

I owe
    Natwest cc 5600
    Vanquis 600
    Car 6500
    After this debt I want to save for my own place. My daughter and I are fortunately staying with my parents allowing me to have 1k a month to throw at the debt . However this is not without its challenges.

I plan as others have done to try the 10 a day challenge.

Also started seeing a new guy . He is a bit more frugal than my ex who earnt three times my salary but it was gone in a week.

I can finally see a way forward. So I thought I would start this diary to help me on my way.
    Last edited by Rebecca01; 04-05-2015 at 9:43 AM.
Page 8
    • Rebecca01
    • By Rebecca01 7th Jan 18, 11:25 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 996 Thanks
    Rebecca01
    Well so much for quitting spending.

My daughters school trip was due they need the money by the 22nd January so that has to come out of this months budget so that was 160,

My friends husband bought us a champagne afternoon tea which he paid for. It was so lovely to catch up with my friends but I had to buy wine afterwards so I spent 20.

The local panto was selling tickets for 10 instead of 25. So we had a trip there . My daughter loved it and I was happy to see her smile. Though we spent 6 on ice cream. I did take sweets with us.

Then we got a takeaway for tea. So I now know where my money goes even in a few days.

160 school trip
    26 panto
    25 takeaway
    20 afternoon out

Total 231

I need to go back to work. I have had a chat with my daughter. I told her that we could get out own house more quickly if we seriously cut down. She did say to me last night !!!8216; make something don!!!8217;t get a takeaway !!!8216; she is right of course.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

382Posts Today

6,358Users online

Martin's Twitter