clicks research?

ktcoil
ktcoil Posts: 559
Debt-free and Proud!
Forumite
edited 14 June 2017 at 11:30AM in Boost your income
MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

Clicks Research is discussed in our Product testing panels guide. Read about others in there too.

Back to the original post..

Hi guys, Has anyone used this, I have got 3 different samples i can try, it says there is not cost unless they get lost but also says you cant withdraw untill you have £50?

thanks

Comments

• Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I don't know which Clicks Research you're using because Clicks don't pay for studies, they just send freebies for you to report on. There is a separate thread for them on the Freebies board, I think.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• tanya2014
    tanya2014 Posts: 181
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It does say you can get points on the Site
    Don't know how or when though!
  • BiscuitMonster
    BiscuitMonster Posts: 269
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Maybe people in the US get points on top of the free samples? I've been a memeber and enjoyed the free samples but never got any points.
  • upstaged
    upstaged Posts: 27 Forumite
    With Clicks Research you don't get paid for sample studies. They do mention points on the website but specifically exclude studies where a free sample is provided, and since there never seem to be invites for any other type of study I have no idea if the points are hypothetical or can actually be obtained somehow.

I'm not terribly impressed with Clicks so far. I'm participating in my second trial at the moment; I've spent many hours inputting and updating data for my profile for no real reward, just two samples of products that were OK but not as good as my usual brands. Communication from the company isn't very good - I've been getting reminders for questionnaires I've already completed, I received no instructions or welcome message or reminders in my first trial, and I have not had a reply to an email enquiry I sent them about my study. Also on my first trial I thought the surveys were badly designed. I do think there should be some incentive/compensation, even if small, for testing the products. It would be different if they were established products that we were being asked to review in exchange for a free sample, but these are things you know virtually nothing about before being asked to put them on your face or whatever. I'll see how this second trial goes but may not continue with Clicks in future.

I'm not meaning to advise against joining Clicks, just saying it's a lot of effort for no meaningful reward, and if you're looking for rewarding research opportunities there are probably better ones out there.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I agree with the above comment. I get sent a lot of invites for completely unsuitable products and they never respond to emails. You never know what you are testing, so even if you really like something you don't know what it is. Sometimes their trials seem to be really short and I've barely received the product before the results are apparently due! It's a nightmare trying to sign in to their site to sign-up for trials and they're frequently already full. I've had some nice products, but I agree- some of the products are completely un-tested and I resent being used as a human guinea pig for these things, with no financial compensation or comeback if things go wrong!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,865
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I don't mind not being paid to test .. I've had some awesome beauty stuff from them over the years but their customer service is awful! and I do get sent invitations to incontinance pads !
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I product test with Clicks . I do it for free products. Agree communication etc is poor. iIf you google the list of ingredients, you can often identify the products. I don't feel like a guinea pig; most of the products I've identified tend to be refined versions of existing products. I always view adverts with claims like" in trials 90% of women saw an improvement in their wrinkles" with a pinch of salt now though, as there are no controls on these trials and in e case of, for example a night cream, they don't know what any particular tester was using prior to testing, when measuring improvement.
  • Clicks Research is discussed in our Product testing panels guide included in our weekly email today.

Tell others your feedback on this thread :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories