Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MintyCyrmu
    • By MintyCyrmu 24th Apr 15, 2:39 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 3Thanks
    MintyCyrmu
    Unexpected PPI Refund
    • 24th Apr 15, 2:39 PM
    Unexpected PPI Refund 24th Apr 15 at 2:39 PM
    Hello all.

On 21/04 a company called "Tate Camden"deposited just over 500 into my current account, marked as a PPI & INT Refund.

Strange thing is, I hadn't applied for it.

I did have two loans many years ago for small amounts with my bank (Barclays) for which claimed a PPI refund (through my bank) successfully about 3 years ago.

Where this has come from I have no idea whatsoever.

Could it be an error on the their behalf? If so, can they take it back without my consent?
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 24th Apr 15, 3:44 PM
    • 4,752 Posts
    • 2,832 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 24th Apr 15, 3:44 PM
    • 24th Apr 15, 3:44 PM
    Cannot see any results for '"Tate Camden" PPI ' on google beyond your thread and a couple of junk ones - possible Barclays have decided they didn't give you the right funds last time - watch out for a letter in the next few days - wouldn't spend it though just in case
    • alfiecat0108
    • By alfiecat0108 27th Apr 15, 2:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    alfiecat0108
    • 27th Apr 15, 2:02 PM
    • 27th Apr 15, 2:02 PM
    This happened to me on the same date as you. I previously applied for a PPI refund in 2012 with Barclays and was declined. I didn't think anything more of it until I had a deposit put into my account of 9991. As it was such a large amount and the the reference was Tate Camden I had absolutely no idea what it was. I called Barclays who I still bank with and they confirmed that the payment was a refund on PPI and the money is definitely mine, it was a very pleasant surprise as you can imagine!
  • treg0512
    • 6th May 15, 2:04 PM
    • 6th May 15, 2:04 PM
    This has happen to me this week for just over a 1000, I haven't as yet received a letter but the reference on my bank states PPI & INT REFUND TATE CAMDEN, ive googled Tate Camden and think it relates to Barclays have you received a letter as yet, the payment went into my account on fri 1st may!!!
    Thanks
  • Rach77ello
    • 23rd May 15, 4:39 PM
    • 23rd May 15, 4:39 PM
    Hello all,

I received an unexpected refund today from Tate Camden for 241. I do bank with Barclays and have had loans previously with them. Has anyone had written confirmation that it is Barclays that the refund has come from?
    Many thanks,

Rach77ello
    • digitalfingers
    • By digitalfingers 19th Feb 16, 4:06 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    digitalfingers
    • 19th Feb 16, 4:06 PM
    • 19th Feb 16, 4:06 PM
    Can't believe it, I had three separate payments on the same day no letter yet but my account is showing 3 refunds and a total of 10k+
    Each refund shows PPI & INT REFUND. I'm going to wait for confirmation before touching it I think.
    • jonbott
    • By jonbott 8th Mar 16, 12:30 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jonbott
    • 8th Mar 16, 12:30 PM
    • 8th Mar 16, 12:30 PM
    Same thing here went to the hole in the wall and found I had loads more money than I expected went into Barclays and they said its a ppi refund!when I googled the name sent me here!happy days !!!128522; I was claiming but to be honest I didn't get very far
    • james caronan
    • By james caronan 15th Apr 16, 11:02 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    james caronan
    • 15th Apr 16, 11:02 AM
    Whaaaaaat!!
    • 15th Apr 16, 11:02 AM
    OMG!! i can't believe this! i went to check my bank statement via my barclays mobile banking this morning @ exactly 1045 am and i was shocked to see a deposit of 2800 into my account. The reference is TATE CAMDEN. I had previous loans with Barclays but I had applied for a PPI refund which I had a successful claims. I wonder if this is a true claim. I will go to a barclays branch now to check if this is a genuine claim.
    • james caronan
    • By james caronan 15th Apr 16, 1:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    james caronan
    • 15th Apr 16, 1:14 PM
    Genuine!
    • 15th Apr 16, 1:14 PM
    I went to Barclays Notting Hill branch and they confirmed that the money that went into my account yesterday is from Tate Camden. And this is a PPI & INT refund.
    I'm a one happy bunny! Yay!
    • megaginge
    • By megaginge 15th Apr 16, 1:41 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    megaginge
    What is this. Where's my free money? I want free money too!
    Hello There.
    • RachelMC
    • By RachelMC 1st Aug 16, 2:52 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RachelMC
    This recently happened to me. I got a text from Barclays (I'm subscribed to text alerts when money above a certain amount is paid to/from my account) advising that a payment of over 8,500 had been made! I checked my account online and saw the reference Camden Tate PPI + INT REF. I'd made all my PPI Claims back in 2012, so thinking it was a mistake, I went into branch and a helpful lady went to the back office to check. She came out smiling and assured me this money was a legit payment and belonged to me! I still have no idea what it's for but I'm a happy bunny
    • suts
    • By suts 22nd Dec 17, 1:53 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    suts
    Slightly different for me i was currently trying to claim via a 3rd party company when the money arrived unannounced in the bank.
    Checked my claim via the companies online portal and it showed as case closed no PPI found!
    • Suzyjones
    • By Suzyjones 27th Dec 17, 6:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Suzyjones
    I had a surprise cheque for 960.00 after filling in the form on this site after my son told me about it. Had a vague idea I may have paid ppi but never expected that much. !!!128522;
    • Sue Magovern
    • By Sue Magovern 3rd Jan 18, 4:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sue Magovern
    Form
    Hi, how wonderful for you.
    I am just about to embark on this PPI buisness, but not entirely sure where to start.
    Which form did you fill in ? perhaps i should start with that.
    Thanks
    • puzzled1
    • By puzzled1 5th Jan 18, 11:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    puzzled1
    Hi all. Quick question - does unnecessary and unwanted term life insurance count as PPI? I have no dependents but was told I had to have it to get a mortgage with Bank of Ireland years ago.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 6th Jan 18, 12:55 AM
    • 20,466 Posts
    • 11,345 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Hi all. Quick question - does unnecessary and unwanted term life insurance count as PPI?
    Originally posted by puzzled1
    Life Insurance is no more classed as PPI than car insurance or home insurance is.

PPI is PPI.

You can't just apply PPI complaint reasons to every random insurance policy you may have held I'm afraid.

You may be able to successfully complain that life insurance was mis-sold to you...but only if you are immortal I expect.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 6th Jan 18, 1:55 AM
    • 7,420 Posts
    • 5,493 Thanks
    -taff
    Sometimes it was a condition of the lending If that was the case, you have no complaint. If not, make a complaint.
    • pgthompsonco
    • By pgthompsonco 14th Jan 18, 11:52 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    pgthompsonco
    Royal Bank or BOS Halifax or MBNA or Barclays or HSB
    Had a refund at Christmas of about 60 + 5 on same day from INHOUSING Bank. Anyone know who they are connected to?
    Google does not give a positive result as too many use the term.
    • pgthompsonco
    • By pgthompsonco 16th Jan 18, 10:49 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    pgthompsonco
    IN Housing Bank plc
    Can anyone supply an address or name of parent company for "IN HOUSING Bank plc"?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,220Posts Today

6,376Users online

Martin's Twitter