Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    gsm8
    247 Home Rescue Contract Complaint
    • 20th Apr 15, 8:23 PM
    247 Home Rescue Contract Complaint 20th Apr 15 at 8:23 PM
    Disappointing customer care. I am a landlord and have several properties under the care of 247 home rescue. I have been a customer since mid last year. Was promised by sales team at the time of sign up, free annual checks including landlord CP12 certificates (within 3 months as mine was running out by than, if I changed). Have called enormous times to arrange for an annual service and CP12 to the properties but no luck. Just getting excuses after excuses and the last recent excuse that they do not have my properties registered for a CP12. Interesting as have a letter from the head of department stating that entitled to a CP12. The claims team states they are investigating the matter as there is no record on file to indicate the latter and the head of department does not recollect authorizing this. So I email them a copy of the letter and still wait for response???

First was told I have to wait a certain number of months before eligible for engineer to be sent out to do a boiler check. Then was told engineer will call us when boiler check is due. Then was told different engineers are being compared to source which could do a call out. Then was told that they block book engineers as per area. I have more excuses noted that would fill the page up. It has been 5 months of chasing up with still no engineer. There is no team leader or manager that I could accelerate to?? The T&C do state that within the 12 mths an annual service would be carried out, however my calls and complaint is I need a CP12 and as a landlord I and the tenant are at risk. Spoken to CAB followed advise have complaint to the company and have to follow up with letters as evidence before I could take any action. I only changed to 247 home rescue due to their heavy advertising, price and only after several calls from them on assurance of quality and trust. The sales team that sold me the policies still are with the company. I was previously with British Gas with no hassle and no stress thou expensive. I am now worried for my tenants safety that could be more expensive. I have even have sent a complaint letter to 247 office with a deadline to respond, which has not been acknowledged nor responded too. I am beginning to wonder if they have structured systems and procedures or even engineers? 247 still advertises heavily.

If you are a landlord or even thinking of joining as a home owner I may ask you to think twice based on my recent experiences. I have not needed for an engineer to be called out for a repair - wonder how that response would be? The claims team however does courteously state that you are free to terminate the contract at any time and stop the direct debit and there will not be any charges. Hello?? what about all the payments that have been done for past 10 months??? Do i get a refund - No - as by the t&c there will be an annual check within the 12 mths.

So I asked could you please give me some appointment dates as we all work including the tenants and the response we are unable to provide you with dates as that is the job of the engineers. So can I contact the service engineers - response No - as clients are nor privileged to service engineers contact numbers???

The time spent chasing for 247 to undertake the promise and job is been frustrating and stressful, but the claims team are well refined in providing you with excuses and excuses. In my case I have arranged for an engineer to visit my premises for a service an check for safety to obtain a landlord certificate at an additional cost to me as safety is important. I am breaking the law not having one despite 247 knowing this. What has been your experience???
Page 2
    • Georgewood2009
    • By Georgewood2009 18th Aug 17, 10:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Georgewood2009
    Fraud company
    Signed up 3 months ago to 24/7 home rescue as I got a better deal with this company through uswitch. I rang them to book an engineer to. One out as my shower goes cold every 3 minutes for about 1 minute. I managed to get through to them after being on hold for over 45 minutes, when I finally got to talk to them I was talking to an Asian man I was struggling to understand. He told me to turn my boiler off and on and go and try the shower, which I did while he waited on phone. This didn't work and the shower went freezing cold after 3 minutes. I says I would like a engineer to visit and have alook and then he says unfortunately your not covered for this fault, I says what am I Paying for then. He says it's not down to me but the computer has diclined you do your not covered. What a joke of a company, this has to be a scam company. I've cancelled my direct debit straight away and I'm contacting uswitch about this scam. It's got me fuming.
    • HazelAlicia
    • By HazelAlicia 25th Aug 17, 5:47 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HazelAlicia
    Avoid 247 Home Rescue!
    This is one of those companies that commences work on your boiler and then finds a whole lot of additional costly remedial action, telling you that you're in danger if you continue to use the boiler without the repairs. They demanded £200 to replace a £45 part that didnt even need replacing (according to the engineer I later called in). If you challenge them or try to cancel your contract they get really nasty. Two reps refused to even cancel my contract, and one mocked me and implied I was mentally unstable when I got annoyed with him about how I had paid £70 for a service they refused to carry out, citing remedial action as the reason they couldn't complete. Beware the terms and conditions and realise the service they provide is a con... you will lose money
    • paddyc1
    • By paddyc1 13th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    paddyc1
    24/7 Home Rescue Avoid at all costs!
    The nature of my dispute with 24/7 Home Rescue focusses on an excess charged by the company and what the payment of £95 covered. In the company's own terms and conditions, it was for the engineer to come out and “where possible repair the system on site”.

The engineer who came out to do the repair was in fact the same man who had been sent out by 24/7 Home Rescue a couple of weeks earlier, and during that visit, I had been forced to make a formal complaint to the company about his attitude, integrity and standard of work. This complaint had been upheld by the company who later phoned me to let me know he had been disciplined.

This was the same engineer who was now making the report that claimed that the boiler required several parts not least a new pump which therefore made it "economically unviable to repair". 24/7 Home Rescue offered, for a substantial fee, to replace these parts via manufacturer parts, but when I declined, cancelled my policy on the spot.

I then called out my own engineer for a cost of £75 who was able to get the system working in fifteen minutes and clearly the system did not need all the parts the 24/7 Home Rescue engineer claimed it needed. This is the point of my dispute.

Having described the age of the boiler to the company when I first took out the policy I don’t hesitate in saying I feel hoodwinked by this company who sold a policy not fit for purpose. The company identify the minimum of £75 excess for an older boiler which I accept and talks about the 60% value of the manufacturer as being a benchmark for whether it is economically viable to repair or not. What was not as clear was the annual devaluation of the system year in year out which was only identified to me by one of their staff during the dispute. Based upon this maths, the value after such a time would be so little as to not be worth anything; the company have been taking out £8 a month off me regularly for "Landlord Cover" for what amounts to be “fresh air”. When you then consider an engineer is then paid £95 to come out and do a job, chooses not to do it and comes up with a “cock and bull” story which was shown to be inaccurate by an independent engineer I feel there is a case for reclaiming the direct payments as well as the excess. The company have an open contract that never renews or finishes and potentially will continue until a customer actually needs them. They seem to be taking small amounts of money off numerous customers and possibly doing this under the radar.
    I shared this story with Trustpilot and gave the company one star.only to find out 24/7 had blocked my review as "they did not feel that it was from a genuine customer" I gave the site evidence of my contract with 24/7 and it was reinstated.

I really feel angry that companies are getting away with such questionable ways of making money and want to bring it to your attention
    • stayaway247
    • By stayaway247 6th Mar 18, 6:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stayaway247
    Cancelled the contract with 247 Home Rescue as soon as I could (at the year anniversary) but out of the blue the Direct Debits were reinstated fraudulently 4 months later for a higher amount. These people are thieves or grossly incompetent and difficult to get hold of. Always check bank statements.
    • andrewsharron
    • By andrewsharron 26th Mar 18, 9:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    andrewsharron
    247 Home Rescue - Liars & Cowboys - don't do it!
    I took 12 landlord policies out.

Claim 1 - had inclusive boiler check and Engineer condemmed boiler because a nut was broken and he said it was obsolete. Said I needed a new boiler. Found the part on the internet for £20 and got it fitted for £65 independently!

Claim 2 - boiler stopped working. Engineer said routine problem but that 247 don't carry parts and needed to order. Got a phone call saying that boiler too expensive to fix and so won't cover any work. Got Baxi out direct, engineer fitted routine part taking 20 mins and said that what the engineer said was rubbish.

Claim 3: toilet stopped flushing. Engineer came said they weren't allowed to carry parts but if he were doing the job privately he'd get the part from Plumbsense for £20 and fit it for £50 in 20 mins but 247 don't work like that. He said that he was fed up as everyone he visited moaned at him.

3 weeks later, part still not fitted. Got a phone call saying engineer was coming on 23rd March. Then got an email saying part now in and Engineer coming on 26th March. Called them and said ignore email, enginner coming 23rd March. Took day off work. At 5.30 no engineer. Called told he had been rushed to hospital but he was coming on Monday 26th. Supervisor said if I wanted to get the job done privately he would fund £120. Weekend job cost over £200 so would take another day off Monday.

Monday came - 2.30pm told engineer was finishing job. I would be next. 3.30 no engineer. Called 4 times. Was cut off 4 times. Called Customer Service to say I'd had enough and could I speak to someone. They said their job was just to advise customers which department to speak to not to deal with customers! Had an argument and she said someone would email me in 48 hours.

Spoke to claims department. They told me the report said the part was obsolute!!!!! Transferred me to authorisation department who transferred me back to Bookings department who told me that the claim had been cancelled!!! Absolutely spitting. 2 days off work and nearly 4 weeks.

Called Retention team who just transferred me back to claims department who put me on hold for 40 mins then cut me off.

I cannot tell you how angry I am. Ive been lied to, they've taken £100s of pounds off me, taken 2 days off work because they told me to, hung up on, been patronised.

They are lying, cheating scammers. Will go back to D&G and pay more. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
    • andrewsharron
    • By andrewsharron 26th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    andrewsharron
    Liars and Cowboys - don't do it! Please read this
    I took 12 landlord policies out.

Claim 1 - had inclusive boiler check and Engineer condemmed boiler because a nut was broken and he said it was obsolete. Said I needed a new boiler. Found the part on the internet for £20 and got it fitted for £65 independently!

Claim 2 - boiler stopped working. Engineer said routine problem but that 247 don't carry parts and needed to order. Got a phone call saying that boiler too expensive to fix and so won't cover any work. Got Baxi out direct, engineer fitted routine part taking 20 mins and said that what the engineer said was rubbish.

Claim 3: toilet stopped flushing. Engineer came said they weren't allowed to carry parts but if he were doing the job privately he'd get the part from Plumbsense for £20 and fit it for £50 in 20 mins but 247 don't work like that. He said that he was fed up as everyone he visited moaned at him.

3 weeks later, part still not fitted. Got a phone call saying engineer was coming on 23rd March. Then got an email saying part now in and Engineer coming on 26th March. Called them and said ignore email, enginner coming 23rd March. Took day off work. At 5.30 no engineer. Called told he had been rushed to hospital but he was coming on Monday 26th. Supervisor said if I wanted to get the job done privately he would fund £120. Weekend job cost over £200 so would take another day off Monday.

Monday came - 2.30pm told engineer was finishing job. I would be next. 3.30 no engineer. Called 4 times. Was cut off 4 times. Called Customer Service to say I'd had enough and could I speak to someone. They said their job was just to advise customers which department to speak to not to deal with customers! Had an argument and she said someone would email me in 48 hours.

Spoke to claims department. They told me the report said the part was obsolute!!!!! Transferred me to authorisation department who transferred me back to Bookings department who told me that the claim had been cancelled!!! Absolutely spitting. 2 days off work and nearly 4 weeks.

Called Retention team who just transferred me back to claims department who put me on hold for 40 mins then cut me off.

I cannot tell you how angry I am. Ive been lied to, they've taken £100s of pounds off me, taken 2 days off work because they told me to, hung up on, been patronised.

They are lying, cheating scammers. Will go back to D&G and pay more. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
    • deepbhai
    • By deepbhai 30th Apr 18, 2:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    deepbhai
    247 HomeRescue cp12
    Have been with them almost 3 years, terrible service, rude staff. long waiting times contacting call centre, phone calls get disconnected several times.
    had cp12 appointment, got cancelled by 247 3 days prior to appt. then I get a call on the day of the appt. to advise it was reinstated for 8-1pm slot and engineer will call 30 minutes prior to appt. At 10am as I ve received no call I decided to wait outside my property and plus made sure my tenants were home as arranged. At 11am I get call from call centre to advise that engineer called at property and nobody answerd so its recorded as a abortive call. All this whilst im outside property waiting for them to turn up! Also £30 fee for missed appt. The quickly waive charge when I threaten to cancel policy and said another appointment will be made. I get a call from 247 to say it will now be in 5 weeks time. I mentioned that this was no good so. I then told I'll get a call directly from gas engineer to fit my in within 48 hours, after a further week no call. I called them again today to cancel they tried to make appointment again but I mentioned it was too late. They required 30 days notice so advised I need to make one more direct debit payment as per there terms! I requested something in writing to advised that the policy was cancelled, the 247 call advisor in the cancellations department was rude and mentioned it had been emailled to myself and whether he should come in person and drop it off! 2 years ago, 247 increased my premiums without notifying myself and after several calls and emails re-instated and refunded excess payment sback to myself.
    Worst company I have dealt with, no customer service skills, they will pretend that they made a call out visit and record it as abortive. I have a 3 year old boiler which once required attention during the cold weather, when I contacted 247 they advised they cannot come out for 3 days. I had to get a private plumber.
    WASTE OF MONEY NO VALUE FOR MONEY!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

17Posts Today

3,997Users online

Martin's Twitter