Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Rebecca
    • By Former MSE Rebecca 15th Apr 15, 3:47 PM
    • 113Posts
    • 96Thanks
    Former MSE Rebecca
    0 WOW
    Pre-existing Travel Insurance Guide Discussion
    • 15th Apr 15, 3:47 PM
    0 WOW
    Pre-existing Travel Insurance Guide Discussion 15th Apr 15 at 3:47 PM

Hi,

We've written a new pre-existing travel insurance guide for the website and we'd love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you would add?

Thanks for your help,

MSE Rebecca
Page 14
    • tgon
    • By tgon 11th Jan 19, 5:45 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    tgon
    I agree. The algorithm for calculating risk from common ailments being successfully treated by medical practitioners seems disproportionate to some of the quotes derived. Like all products - shop around.
    • katejo
    • By katejo 13th Jan 19, 5:10 PM
    • 3,140 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    katejo
    It is time a national campaign was launched against the exorbitant
    rates charged for pre med travel insurance.
    Most of those applying are being treated with the latest methods
    available and are in a better state of health than the hundreds of
    thousands who travel whilst being heavy drinkers /smokers/overweight/
    diabetic etc ,but for some reason have never been treated.
    These people are just as likely to claim as the so called
    high risk pre meds.
    I call on all major insurers to publicly prove and publish the figures
    that justify such large premiums.
    Originally posted by ajaxer
    This annoys me a lot. Several years ago an insurer refused to cover my underactive thyroid because my dosage of thyroxine had recently been slightly adjusted. Their argument was that my condition must be unstable. I pointed out that it was stable because I had been for my check up and the adjustment had been made. If I had ignored the appointment......!
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 14th Jan 19, 1:46 PM
    • 5,655 Posts
    • 4,311 Thanks
    sheramber
    This annoys me a lot. Several years ago an insurer refused to cover my underactive thyroid because my dosage of thyroxine had recently been slightly adjusted. Their argument was that my condition must be unstable. I pointed out that it was stable because I had been for my check up and the adjustment had been made. If I had ignored the appointment......!
    Originally posted by katejo
    I was charged extra because my mediation had changed within the last 6 months. It was changed because the original one was upsetting my stomach. it had nothing to do with the condition.
    • frankie
    • By frankie 14th Jan 19, 2:13 PM
    • 717 Posts
    • 280 Thanks
    frankie
    I also had travel insurance cancelled because I informed them that my pre declared blood pressure tablets were changed to a LOWER dose!! Unbelievable.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

1,919Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This probably (who knows) makes it both more likely we'll remain in the EU via a 2nd referendum and more likely we'? https://t.co/GrNV48E1jS

• Instant aftermath poll: After a defeat by over 230 votes on a flagship issue (Brexit) should Theresa May resign?

• Wow losing by over 200. That's not defeat it's obliteration. Has there ever been a time before when a PM could lo? https://t.co/i0sVwL9P9P

• Follow Martin