Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lamp
    0 WOW
    Meerkat Movies
    • 25th Mar 15, 7:05 AM
    0 WOW
    Meerkat Movies 25th Mar 15 at 7:05 AM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert May 16:

Hi everyone, it's well worth reading our fully researched Meerkat Movies trick blog for the full lowdown on this.

Thanks to lamp for posting! Back to the original post...

----

Good morning all!

I enjoyed my first usage of the Meerkat Movies code last night at the cinema.

There has been some somewhat conservative comments regarding selecting of insurance to use this offer. I just thought I'd share how I got my policy...

You are eligible for Meerkat Movies with single travel insurance policies, so I purchased a short trip one to Europe, and for under 5, I have 12 months of Meerkat Movies. Bargain.

I don't know how long that will last before the threshold is raised though.

Best of luck!

Lou
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 10-05-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Page 30
    • Niemand
    • By Niemand 9th Jun 18, 11:50 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Niemand
    Meerkat 2-for-1 Movies
    I've just done this. I paid 1.38 for one night's cover in the UK. I was able to claim the offer within seconds of purchasing the insurance. App now loaded on my tablet and this coming week's code is available.
    Niemand
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 12th Jun 18, 5:36 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    How do I claim the free movie? Sorry for being a doughnut
    • Kake888
    • By Kake888 18th Jul 18, 9:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kake888
    Anyone need a code for today just PM me.

Regards,
    Kake
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 19th Jul 18, 10:59 AM
    • 22,558 Posts
    • 11,171 Thanks
    lisyloo
    How do I claim the free movie? Sorry for being a doughnut
    Originally posted by beckysheffield

It's not a free movie, it's 2 for 1.
    You buy an insurance product (try 1 day UK travel cover), then you'll be able to get a code on thursdays which you can use the net tues or weds to buy tickets on-line or at the cinema.

You'll still need to pay any on-line booking fees, upgrade and glasses etc. it's the basic seat that's 2 for 1.
    • shaneym
    • By shaneym 19th Jul 18, 2:18 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 749 Thanks
    shaneym
    Did this today after seeing Martin on GMB this morning. Got a days travel insurance for 1.13, downloaded the app, and everything up and ready to go in two minutes. Great stuff. Will save a fortune of meals and cinema. Thanks Martin.
    • Dura
    • By Dura 20th Jul 18, 3:12 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Dura
    I've just bought travel insurance for 2.05 but the meerkat movies won't validate
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Jul 18, 8:21 AM
    • 32,746 Posts
    • 20,616 Thanks
    DCFC79
    I've just bought travel insurance for 2.05 but the meerkat movies won't validate
    Originally posted by Dura
    Give it time ?
    Have you followed the steps to get it validated ?
    I remember doing mine via the app, did you do the same ?
    • zimcol
    • By zimcol 20th Jul 18, 11:03 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    zimcol
    Spare Code
    Hi there, does any have a spare code for me to use today please?
    Would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 20th Jul 18, 1:47 PM
    • 22,558 Posts
    • 11,171 Thanks
    lisyloo
    zimcol - you do know these are only valid on tuesday & wednesday?
    or did you want one to make the booking today?
    • Marj10
    • By Marj10 25th Jul 18, 12:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marj10
    This is Brilliant.... I've just paid 1.06 for a one day insurance and got a year of 2 for 1 on meals and movies!!
    • Dark Star
    • By Dark Star 25th Jul 18, 3:41 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    Dark Star
    My local (independent cinema) said today that they NO LONGER accept meerkat codes due to a recent change in meerkat's terms & conditions. Still shown as accepting it on the meerkat site though. Meerkat meals of little use, as none near me; have to go into big towns an hour away to find any. I prefer to stay local & help independent local places... had to pay for two tickets today.
    Think I need to lie down in a dark room for a bit...
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 25th Jul 18, 3:57 PM
    • 22,558 Posts
    • 11,171 Thanks
    lisyloo
    Did you get any info on what the change is?
    • Dark Star
    • By Dark Star 26th Jul 18, 7:30 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    Dark Star
    No.... they just said the terms & conditions had changed... so they would no longer accept the codes... hopefully it's a mistake but there were several members of staff there & none of them intervened to say that person was wrong...

Meerkat movies is invaluable during the school holidays so it was a nasty shock to have to pay for both tickets...especially as I've been going there for years. Even the small child is trained to ask if it's a meerkat day before asking if we can go to the cinema...

That'll be less visits then... boo hiss meerkat movies !
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 26th Jul 18, 7:48 PM
    • 32,746 Posts
    • 20,616 Thanks
    DCFC79
    No.... they just said the terms & conditions had changed... so they would no longer accept the codes... hopefully it's a mistake but there were several members of staff there & none of them intervened to say that person was wrong...

Meerkat movies is invaluable during the school holidays so it was a nasty shock to have to pay for both tickets...especially as I've been going there for years. Even the small child is trained to ask if it's a meerkat day before asking if we can go to the cinema...

Originally posted by Dark Star

Id ask the independent via email if they still accept the codes at cinema in anytown.
    • Dark Star
    • By Dark Star 26th Jul 18, 8:14 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    Dark Star
    It's not part of a chain. It's one little independent cinema. With free parking in town. That is conveniently local. If I go there, I can achieve quite a lot with one trip (supermarkets/library/banking/post office etc.)

I did email them to ask why though...not had a response...

The Odeons & other big chains around probably still take it BUT they are over an hour away & I often have to pay to park in large towns etc. Not very MSE to have to pay lots more for petrol (& sometimes parking) just to save on one ticket. Some of them are in big business parks where there is nothing else I need...
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 27th Jul 18, 11:11 AM
    • 22,558 Posts
    • 11,171 Thanks
    lisyloo

Hmm...I wouldn't be so quick to judge.
    Sounds like they don't want to do it (for whatever reason) and are blaming another party.
    • Dark Star
    • By Dark Star 27th Jul 18, 5:07 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    Dark Star
    The cinema are citing the fact that meerkat meals has been introduced & this conflicts with their business.

There are NO participating meerkat meals in the same town as the cinema or in any town within 10 miles. So I find it unlikely that you would enjoy a film there & then sit in a car for an hour just to get a meal offer. (The nearest participating places are in much bigger towns an hour away).

No other local cinemas, no other local restaurants involved in this offer.

So I feel it's just an excuse for them to pull out, sadly, as there is no conflict.
    • Kake888
    • By Kake888 6th Aug 18, 6:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kake888
    Anyone need a code for this Tuesday or Wednesday just PM me.

Regards,
    Kake
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 6th Aug 18, 8:43 PM
    • 32,746 Posts
    • 20,616 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Anyone need a code for this Tuesday or Wednesday just PM me.

Regards,
    Kake
    Originally posted by Kake888

Have you bought a policy ?
    • wiseyuk
    • By wiseyuk 15th Aug 18, 1:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wiseyuk
    Cinema Code for tonight
    Hi all, does any have a spare code for me to use tonight please? really helpful over the school holidays.

Really appreciated !
    Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,697Posts Today

8,936Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Agreed but by marketing it as cough specific people think there's something extra so they buy this rather than gene? https://t.co/hATY3W8Yia

• Good news for those aggressively criticising this poll and trying to pull it apart. I've just got off a 3 way call? https://t.co/Pu750aktyg

• Follow Martin