Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pinkteapot
    • By pinkteapot 17th Mar 15, 11:29 AM
    • 6,185Posts
    • 7,961Thanks
    pinkteapot
    0 WOW
    Has anyone bought a Premier Inn (Hypnos) bed?
    • 17th Mar 15, 11:29 AM
    0 WOW
    Has anyone bought a Premier Inn (Hypnos) bed? 17th Mar 15 at 11:29 AM
    We're thinking of doing the Premier Inn buy a bed thing:

http://www.premierinn.com/en/why/Buy_our_bed.html

because:
    1. Prices are decent for Hypnos beds - I've found bottom-of-the-range Hypnos beds at almost comparable prices from shops, but they are thinner mattresses
    2. We can go and stay a night at our local Premier Inn and try the mattress properly (as opposed to a ten minute test in a bed shop) (and I mean test sleeping a whole night in it, before anyone comments )
    I've contacted them and they've confirmed that the mattress you get is the same as that supplied to Premier Inn (I asked whether they were making a domestic version for the ones they're selling that might feel different).

However, I've googled and I can't find people who have bought them to hear comments! I've found one person on another forum site who ordered in January, waiting to hear if they have any feedback. In particular, it would be good if anyone has had one for a while now and can comment on how it's lasting.

I know people who have had Hypnos beds for ten years and the mattresses are only just starting to dip. We're thinking of going for Hypnos because we're sick of mattresses that sag after 2-3 years (and we're not heavy people). However, I wonder about the longevity of their contract mattresses. Hypnos have confirmed that the Premier Inn model you buy isn't one of their retail range that you'll find in the shops. I would assume hotel mattresses are designed to take some wear, but I don't know how often hotels change their mattresses.
    Last edited by pinkteapot; 17-03-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Page 2
    • Pinkypants
    • By Pinkypants 2nd Jan 17, 9:56 PM
    • 1,286 Posts
    • 638 Thanks
    Pinkypants
    Ok I will try and help but no doubt someone will k now better on here .
    The Premier inn king mattress is as follows .
    Originally posted by pastashell

How did you managed to get such a in depth spec sheet? Can you get others about the Hypnos range?
    Helping the country to sleep better....ZZZzzzzzzz
    • pastashell
    • By pastashell 3rd Jan 17, 12:11 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    pastashell
    re
    I happened to find one in the last premier inn we stayed in .
    We have since been to try some more out and have decided on the sapphire .
    Its just feels better more turns on the springs and triple side stitched .
    Also the beauty of this type of bed is that you only need to rotate from head to foot and not turn it over
    Very expensive £1135 with 2 free pocket sprung pillows at the moment
    although its only 31p a day over 10 years

Most do interest free credit .
    Last edited by pastashell; 03-01-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    • pastashell
    • By pastashell 3rd Jan 17, 12:14 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    pastashell
    only 5 year
    only 5 yr warranty on prem inn ones 10 yr on all other hypnos
    • flourpower1
    • By flourpower1 6th Jan 17, 11:52 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    flourpower1
    We bought spink and Edgar natural filled mattress from John Lewis comfort range last year, wool one side cotton the other plus other fillings.

Had to wait about 12 weeks but they are made on order, is very expensive but the best we have ever had
    • not_so_witty
    • By not_so_witty 29th Jan 17, 12:22 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    not_so_witty
    Has anyone actually bought one then? Hubby and I love a premier inn bed - are the mattresses definitely the same?
    We're about to move into our first house and need a mattress. These seem to be a reasonable price-point, although I'd prefer if they were interest-free rather than up-front payment.
    Otherwise, does anyone have any suggestions of similar mattresses that are a similar price, if not cheaper?
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 1st Feb 17, 9:53 AM
    • 1,295 Posts
    • 1,605 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    What we know about the Premier Inn Hypnos mattress:
    27cm deep
    1000 pocket springs
    Tufted
    Pillow top
    Wool fillings
    Price for the double mattress on its own: £465

Sounds about right. You could find a similar spec but cheaper from a less known brand but it could feel different to sleep on - the springs may be softer or firmer for example. There's a reason they only tell us the above spec. This makes it difficult to pick out a like for like mattress elsewhere.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Keith4x4
    • By Keith4x4 5th Aug 17, 10:36 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Keith4x4
    Hypnos Warranty ?
    The 10 year warranty sounds great until you actually try to invoke it .
    I have now had a Hypnos pillow top for over a year, if is a pile of rubbish yet I cannot get it replaced as they just say "its settlement"
    Within 2 months the mattress has developed a pronounced central ridge running from head to toe.
    It has sagged on both sides to the extent it feels like two hammocks side by side. You can feel all the buttons and the springs when lying down on it rendering it unusable as itís so uncomfortable.
    Visually you can see a slight sag on both sides of the mattress the problems only show when you lie on the mattress or press down on it, then all the buttons are proud of the surface.
    • Keith4x4
    • By Keith4x4 5th Aug 17, 10:39 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Keith4x4
    I purchased a Hypnos Pillow top within 2 months the mattress has developed a pronounced central ridge running from head to toe.
    It has sagged on both sides to the extent it feels like two hammocks side by side. You can feel all the buttons and the springs when lying down on it rendering it unusable as it!!!8217;s so uncomfortable.
    Visually you can see a slight sag on both sides of the mattress the problems only show when you lie on the mattress or press down on it, then all the buttons are proud of the surface.
    Both Gillies (the retailer) and Hypnos claim its settlement and to be expected.
    • twarde
    • By twarde 19th Aug 17, 11:33 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    twarde
    This mattress business is a nightmare. I'm just in the process of getting a refund on my sealy latex pillow top (which? 2015 best buy!) that had severe dips in less than 12 months.
    There's a lot of good information on this website https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/ask-a-question/

Still not sure what to buy as a lie down in the shop is no real test but I was impressed by the cheap IKEA Hovag mattress that's about £230. As a side sleeper i found it felt right for me and at a third of the price I paid for the sealy it could be worth a try.
    • C_Mababejive
    • By C_Mababejive 19th Aug 17, 12:11 PM
    • 10,442 Posts
    • 9,424 Thanks
    C_Mababejive
    Surely pillow top type matteresses are inherently prone to ridging since the softer unsprung padding settles where it has most weight applied.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
    • leslieknope
    • By leslieknope 24th Aug 17, 12:01 AM
    • 315 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    leslieknope
    i used to work for premier inn and yes, it is the same mattress they use in the hotel rooms. as for whether it's any good, it's up to you really. personally i hate them because i like my mattresses softer and never could really sleep in the rooms. but my aunt has one and she loves it. if you love a premier inn hotel bed, you'll like the one you can buy.

i realised now this thread is old! but might help someone in the future.
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
    • Brighty
    • By Brighty 24th Aug 17, 8:54 AM
    • 739 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    Brighty
    I bought a hypnos hotel mattress 5 years ago, before premier inn started selling them, and it's been great. It was part of their 'contract' range, i.e for hotels. It was the 'Evesham' we got, was only £300 for a king size. It's not a pillow top and can be turned and rotated, there's even labels at each end both sides to say what months of the year that end should be up at the foot end. Having just moved with it for the second time, i can confirm it weighs a bloomin ton. My only gripe is i wish it had handles on the ends and not just the sides, makes moving it a right pita
    • alan3204
    • By alan3204 20th Nov 17, 11:34 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    alan3204
    Hypnos Ridge !
    We bought a Hypnos pillow top mattress this summer and as others have mentioned it developed the Hypnos ridge in no time and the pillow was a bit on the thin side so we have just bought a Dorma topper which has made it a lot more comfortable, however this brings me to ask, as we now have the topper could we use both sides of this mattress ?

Thanks
    • JerseyLady
    • By JerseyLady 5th Feb 18, 7:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JerseyLady
    Premier Inn Hypnos Bed - Don't do it !
    We bought a Premier Inn Hypnos bed last Summer following many a comfortable night's sleep at the hotel chain. When the bed arrived, it was really firm but we were reassured that it would soften over time. Now over 6 months on, it is just the same and feels ABSOLUTELY nothing like the bed you sleep on at the Premier Inn. We are really disappointed and I feel we have been missold. Anyone else had the same experience ?
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 20th Feb 18, 6:03 PM
    • 5,443 Posts
    • 58,226 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    JerseyLady We have had a Premier Inn mattress for about 18 months now and as posters above have said, it has the ridge down the middle; we certainly don't find it too firm, rather the opposite in fact!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,189Posts Today

6,326Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin