Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 13,663Posts
    • 47,130Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Christmas Fund is all gone lol.
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 95
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 8th Aug 18, 8:31 AM
    • 4,200 Posts
    • 12,191 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Oh same here!

We took my niece and nephew to see Paw Patrol on Saturday and my money is now long gone.

Still haven't seen Mamma Mia, what did you think?

Dxxx
    Debt Free 2018 12754.09 - PIF 30.11.18
    Goal Weight in 2019 30lbs/91lbs
    SPC#13 71.50
    My Home Fund 27
    26th November 2018 - I have 2 Nationwide Referrals available, PM me if you want 100 to switch accounts
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 9th Aug 18, 8:34 AM
    • 13,663 Posts
    • 47,130 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    There is no plot but the music is fun. We all left with smiles on our faces and I keep finding myself spontaneously bursting into Abba songs.

Ok im about to pluck up the courage to look at my credit card bill. Wish me luck.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Aug 18, 8:55 AM
    • 13,663 Posts
    • 47,130 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ok my credit card bill is now 300. Quite a bit of it has been gifts to my friends who have looked after me with my wage cut all year. I will be able to pay it from my wages from the summer job but I do wish I had saved a little so I could have bought some more purple plants. Still I will buy them every year till my garden is perfect.

I have a dilemma. I bought 4 bags and my friend bought me 2 also as a present. They are very Japanese in design and really cute. I was going to take them to work and change them daily as one is green, burgundy, red, blue, purple, pink etc depending on what colour jacket or clothes I am wearing. Should I take 4 of them back and get a refund or should I keep them ? I want to keep them as they are lovely. I would get a refund though but I don't want to but if I am supposed to be frugal I shoudn't be wasting money. I wont have any problems paying off my card. I might pay it early all of this is possible because of my lovely summer job.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 10th Aug 18, 9:33 AM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 44,219 Thanks
    Kittikins
    You know what I'm going to recommend.....that you take them back and get the money...!!!8230;.a friend of mine does the whole "I love it so I bought it in every colour" thing (I confess to being occasionally guilty of that too) but in reality, she is ending up with a house full of pretty things and less money to replace the bathroom that is leaking into her kitchen through the ceiling....

Keep the colour(s) that make you happy when you look at them, and return the others. After a while, you'd probably get bored of taking all of your things out of one bag and into another at night and would forget etc etc.

God I sound dull, don't I?!?
    Sealed tin and beach 2p saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in tins each day
    Moved house with my beloved DD and KW - 29.6.18
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Aug 18, 10:08 AM
    • 13,663 Posts
    • 47,130 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Bless you Kittikins, you are saving me from a mistake. I'm so glad that I am on MSE. I have just returned the bags. I will have a credit to my account.

I have bought some Muscari Bulbs for the garden, 9.99 as I am planning to purplify my garden. I spent 4.99 on some groceries. Right now I will be good and not spend any money. I will be frugal.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 10-08-2018 at 4:59 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 12th Aug 18, 9:10 AM
    • 13,663 Posts
    • 47,130 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ok I bought two large bags last night on the internet. Special offer so added up together they only cost 33!!!!! They are part of the set I wanted originally and I am so chuffed. I also ordered some lovely bulbs for spring the cost was 10.00 including postage, I will not buy anything else luxurious now.

I spent 21 at the supermarket (and bought many whoopsies) then as I was leaving I noticed they had reduced an orchid to only 2.50! so I bought it. It is a bit sorry looking and doesn't have a pot but I reckon I can revive it. Hurrah for bargains.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 12-08-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 13th Aug 18, 8:11 AM
    • 13,663 Posts
    • 47,130 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    One week left till I go to work. I have 3 courses to write, a timesheet to return to my summer job, sewing, plants to put in the garden, mopping, washing and ironing to do! The house is full of lovely healthy food and I just have to pull my socks up and work for the next few days.

Well I tidied and then I had a v low blood sugar so spent the day resting in bed. I am going to London sightseeing tomorrow. On Saturday I might be going to Winchester on a tour.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 13-08-2018 at 6:34 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 14th Aug 18, 6:43 AM
    • 3,406 Posts
    • 19,049 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Sounds like you have been very busy SW, I hope you are feeling better and enjoy your sightseeing
    Balance 0% credit card to pay 1360 1310 1210 1160 1110 1060 998
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 14th Aug 18, 11:51 AM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 44,219 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Oooh I love Winchester, so pretty! I'm working too, laminating and making the most of my last day's worth of a certain paid for by last school resources website
    Sealed tin and beach 2p saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in tins each day
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th Aug 18, 12:37 PM
    • 13,663 Posts
    • 47,130 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    All is well. Dr called me in for a consultation but it was just as I am anaemic again. I told him as long as it's not life threatening I am happy. And I am so happy due to the lovely guiding job.

Yesterday we walked for 20,000 steps! Steve, Andy and I visited John Lewis for a free slice of cake and tea. We also visited the Bank of England Museum and walked like crazy. My delicious bags have arrived and were kindly collected by the neighbours. I am hoping to pay off my credit card early this month due to money in current account from part time job.

I have ordered some lovely history guide cards on the kings and queens of England as they will be good for my memory and stop me getting down. Not that I have been down since I have been on hols.

All is v good. I will mow grass when I feel a little less tired. I have picked a few raspberries from the garden. Yum. Mowing done. V happy.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 15-08-2018 at 6:07 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Aug 18, 9:15 AM
    • 13,663 Posts
    • 47,130 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I am popping in to my part time job to claim my expenses today and also to hand in my timesheet. It is raining. When I come back I will be ironing and waiting for hairdresser to visit.

Boss was unable to access petty cash to pay my expenses so I hope I can get that next week. I may or may not have work this weekend depending on who signs up. We shall see. I shant mind as I would rather be with my parents.

All is good. It is raining though.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 16-08-2018 at 4:45 PM.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 16th Aug 18, 9:20 AM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 44,219 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Mmmmm, raspberries, I'm envious! KW has plans to turn a section of the garden into a 'kitchen garden' for us and I'm going to ask for raspberry canes to be included. We did have some at the allotment, but they didn't come with us At least the gardens are now getting a good load of rain to rejuvenate them!
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 16th Aug 18, 5:25 PM
    • 3,406 Posts
    • 19,049 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I am glad the doctor knows what is wrong and can treat it and it is not serious. Sounds like you had a great time in London and free cake !! and shots !! Its been raining here too stopped now but a very soggy puppy walk this morning !
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Aug 18, 7:53 PM
    • 13,663 Posts
    • 47,130 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I was v soggy too! Yikes. Then I came home and had haircut (15). I have paid off my credit card from holiday earnings. Oh it's great having extra money but now I have to stop spending and remember that I am poor again.

I have loved this extra wage. I have 5 new bags for work, ( I do like a pretty bag) a new coat, a couple of blouses. I have also ordered some alliums, tulips, muscari bulbs, planted the lavenders and bought a few other plants for the garden (All bargains). It has been marvellous to have been paid to travel to great places.

Now I am back to being poor! My parents and brother come tomorrow. I would like to do some ironing if there is time. Then I don't think I am working this weekend and will sightsee with them.

I just checked my Barclays account. OMG they have given me 14 in cash for interest for one month !!!!!!!! If anyone hasn't transferred they must it is amazing. This is going into my mortgage overpayment.

I seem to be going to Brighton tomorrow for work. After tax I will get about 50 for this. How cool is that? My brother will go with parents to the local beach here and is deciding whether to go to Brighton, Bournemouth for Sunday. He wants to go on a zip wire. I have 60 for spending money till the end of the month. I will only buy some things for the family but I am not allowed to buy anything for myself as I have loads of nice things now. I would like to give some of my holiday wages to my parents as they always bring me food, some of it will go on the house insurance. The rest I will save so I have a safety net.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 17-08-2018 at 5:29 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 19th Aug 18, 11:10 AM
    • 3,406 Posts
    • 19,049 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    This second job has been really good for you SW not only allowing you to treat yourself and your family but you sound so upbeat it has been good for the soul Enjoy the time with your family, hope it's not raining there
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 19th Aug 18, 5:42 PM
    • 13,663 Posts
    • 47,130 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    We went for a 10000k walk on the beach and have all had a snooze. I haven't spent anything but I do fancy a backpack - I have a new glittery one but this is only 55 and one in a design I like????? I shall see.
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 20th Aug 18, 8:38 AM
    • 4,200 Posts
    • 12,191 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Oooh sounds lovely, I really like backpacks.

Treated myself to 2 Harris Tweed ones ages ago and they wear so well, will last me for ages so they will.

Dxxx
    Debt Free 2018 12754.09 - PIF 30.11.18
    Goal Weight in 2019 30lbs/91lbs
    SPC#13 71.50
    My Home Fund 27
    26th November 2018 - I have 2 Nationwide Referrals available, PM me if you want 100 to switch accounts
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th Aug 18, 6:37 PM
    • 13,663 Posts
    • 47,130 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I am nearly overdrawn so I don't think I can.

Back to work after 6 weeks off tomorrow

Good news, I might be going to Oxford with my Saturday job. Fingers crossed.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 20th Aug 18, 8:43 PM
    • 3,406 Posts
    • 19,049 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Hope you are feeling better and work goes ok tomorrow. I've never been to oxford always looked lovely on Morse / Lewis but lots of murders ��
    (Fictional of course !!)
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th Aug 18, 8:45 PM
    • 13,663 Posts
    • 47,130 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I hope no one get's bumped off! If they do I shall call you and puppy to investigate Skinty! I have just switched my gas and electric supplier as my current offer will end in a few days. It will take 10 days to go through. I am v pleased, I thought I had left it too late but I am just in time to switch.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

294Posts Today

1,434Users online

Martin's Twitter