Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 13,525Posts
    • 46,987Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Christmas Fund 41.00 (Dec 1st 2018)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 94
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 25th Jul 18, 9:33 PM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Right all is well. I only taught for an hour today and met a friend for lunch she paid - so nice. I paid IT friend 40 for all of his hard work as he is still sorting out the new computer so it can do all the stuff I need for my job. I hope it is sorted v soon and I can use the laptop in the garden.

I am going on a short trip tomorrow. From 1-4pm.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 26th Jul 18, 7:49 PM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I took the students on a trip and taught a class today. I treated myself to a sorbet from the icecream shop (total spend including some charity money 5) . I usually don't buy anything but wanted to as it's my last week. I also bought a bus ticket for next week 24.50. If i work hard i will treat myself with a few trips to the sea. Tomorrow I am visiting Charles Dickens birthplace which will be a blast as I love him! I am hoping I will be able to claim my expenses too which will give me some spending money. I will also get my wages for this month from this job and I can use them to pay for my computer.

Then on Saturday it's Stonehenge and Salisbury. We are waiting for thunderstorms? I think I can hear them in the background. Personally I don't want the sun to stop.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 26-07-2018 at 8:39 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 27th Jul 18, 9:42 AM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have just paid for my laptop. Hurrah. Now I have about 60 left till payday. So happy. Oh yes the storm didn't happen and the garden is very dry.

My summer job was supposed to end tomorrow I told them that I would not be able to afford to travel to them if I was only teaching one class. So they have offered me two classes and have given me a free bus ticket (worth 75) for the next 3 weeks! So happy.

3 weeks left of my hols and that is enough time for me to prep some notes for work. I will go to the New Forest to see the boys next weekend. Plus I can travel for free on buses and I only have to work for 2 hours a week!

I was a bit naughty and bought a Chinese meal (5.50) and a book from the Charles Dickens Museum (12.99)
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 27-07-2018 at 9:06 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 27th Jul 18, 11:54 PM
    • 3,289 Posts
    • 18,888 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Well done on extra earnings paying for laptop and treating yourself to a Chinese and a book ! It is allowed considering all the work you have put in free bus ticket is amazing too

Enjoy Stonehenge and Salisbury tomorrow the weather should be cooler for you
    Balance 0% credit card to pay 1360 1310 1210 1160
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 28th Jul 18, 8:27 PM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    You are right it was cooler Skinty but still warm. Stonehenge was wonderful. WONDERFUL. We went round the stones and we all felt something. It really is a spiritual place even though we can no longer touch the stones. The essence is still there. I want to quit my job and become a Druid. Have you ever met an Indian Druid I am the first I think. Where does one apply?

Total spend today 4.50 (for fruit, postcards, sweets, icelol).
    • riotlady
    • By riotlady 29th Jul 18, 12:00 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    riotlady
    Stonehenge sounds lovely! Glad you had a good time
    Make 2018 in 2018 challenge-
    626/2018
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 29th Jul 18, 8:17 AM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Reality dawns, the shower died yesterday. Handyman has been and has ordered the broken part (30.00)We have to wait till it comes for the shower to be repaired but baths are ok thank goodness. It's raining hard out there. I am watching a bit of catch up tv as I haven't seen any for weeks. I have plenty of work to prep for when term starts for the rest of the day.

Once I have paid my credit card off I am going to stick to my plan not to eat out as I think it is a waste of money. I don't know if I gain anything apart from weight and bills. lol. So from now on I am going to be having sarnies with me when I go out.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 29-07-2018 at 3:20 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 30th Jul 18, 8:44 AM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    It only rained for two days but what a transformation in the garden! There is a lovely breeze too and the grass is green.

Today I have to:
    visit dr,
    get some healthy food in,
    Spend was 21 including other things.
    lesson plan, 3hours done. This is my daily target.
    jog.i have walked for 8000 steps.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 30-07-2018 at 8:51 PM.
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 30th Jul 18, 9:15 AM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 11,210 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Yeah we really needed some rain didn't we.

Hope you get on okay at the Dr's.

Catch up with you later on.

Dxxx
    CWP Goal Weight 25lbs/91lbs
    Debt Free Wannabe 3,269.39/6,649.97
    3-6 Month EF, 140/7,000
    5th August 2018 - I have 2 Nationwide Referrals available, PM me if you want 100 to switch accounts
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 30th Jul 18, 10:14 AM
    • 5,105 Posts
    • 44,180 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Ooooh, I love Stonehenge too. My parents have often regaled me of tales of when they used to go, back in the days when you could sit amongst the stones...!!!8230;

Waiting for DD to wake up so we can think about going on our girls' trip!
    Sealed tin and beach 2p saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in tins each day
    Moved house with my beloved DD and KW - 29.6.18
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 30th Jul 18, 2:31 PM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hi Dolly, Dr's was just to sort out a blood test. All is good. Enjoy the planning Kittykins! All is well here.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 30-07-2018 at 2:33 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 31st Jul 18, 3:15 PM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I worked hard last night and did a fair bit. Today I have tidied, visited town and picked up a pile of things to do. The sun is shining and it is glorious outside. J bought a double gelato for 3.50.

I might wipe down the window sills once I recover from my trip to town. Then I will do some prep. All is well.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 01-08-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 1st Aug 18, 12:03 PM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have mowed 3/4 of the lawn and tidied up the lavender plants. The weather is glorious again and I am making the most of it. I have written one of my 6 units now. Only 5 more to go but I am not getting stressed over them.

I have a music class tonight and then I can chill. The class was about pop music and British Culture we looked at Rock'n'Roll, The Beatles, The Stones, The Specials, Madness, Elvis Costello, The Police, Paul Weller & The Jam, Billy Bragg, Bucks Fizz, Queen, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Culture Club, Dead or Alive, Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac, Oasis, Coldplay, Amy Winehouse. There were sooo many more I could have covered but we ran out of time. tomorrow's class is about Great British Authors.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 01-08-2018 at 9:18 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 2nd Aug 18, 1:18 PM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The shower has finally been repaired and also I have had Windows 10 added to laptop.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 3rd Aug 18, 5:25 PM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I went into my workplace today and printed off the notes I have written. Today was a NSD. I have been asked to do a tour of Bath which I am v happy about as I love it!!!
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-08-2018 at 9:25 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 4th Aug 18, 6:34 AM
    • 3,289 Posts
    • 18,888 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Yay to shower repairs hope it wasn't too expensive. I couldn't manage without a shower in this heat, I couldn't bear the thought of getting in a hot bath ! or a cold one

Enjoy your tour of Bath SW. My ex-OH was from that area and we visited Bath quite a few times, but I haven't been for years. It is a lovely place.
    Balance 0% credit card to pay 1360 1310 1210 1160
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 5th Aug 18, 9:23 AM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 11,210 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    I agree Bath is lovely, my best friend stayed down there for a while so I used to pop down for a visit every now and then.

Dxxx
    3-6 Month EF, 140/7,000
    5th August 2018 - I have 2 Nationwide Referrals available, PM me if you want 100 to switch accounts
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Aug 18, 6:09 PM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Bath was lovely and the kids were great.I took two bottles of water and these finished so I had to buy more and I bought an ice lolly from the Victoria Park by the Crescent. I got back to the house at 8pm and fell fast asleep. Only to be woken by the boss asking me to do a tour that involved the Spinnaker Tower and Charles Dickens Museum. The museum is my favourite place in Portsmouth so I had to do it. I have just arrived back.

Today I spent 2 on a drink, 4.50 on groceries.
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 6th Aug 18, 9:16 AM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 11,210 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    How great!

Hope you had a nice relaxing night after all your hard work.

Dxxx
    3-6 Month EF, 140/7,000
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 8th Aug 18, 7:21 AM
    • 13,525 Posts
    • 46,987 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Indeedy, in the last few days I have relaxed. I have been to see Mamma Mia at the cinema and also visited a lovely garden centre stately home place with friends. Much money has been spent but i wanted to have a treat! I have got to add up my spending and see how much i have spent. i think i have spent my monthly allowance and then some!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,177Posts Today

8,692Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin