Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 13,291Posts
    • 46,809Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Chiistmas Fund 80 (Dec 1st 2018)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 85
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Apr 18, 10:34 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    My house is ivory and I have gold curtains, ivory cushions etc so I ordered some mirrored golden placemats to replace my plain gold ones.

It's the Star by Julien Macdonald 4 coasters (reduced to 7.60) and 2 placemats (reduced to 8.80) that are gold and silver stripes. I can't get a link to work.

I am going to hide in bed now. I will not shop. I will not shop.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 11th Apr 18, 11:23 PM
    • 5,015 Posts
    • 44,023 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Ooooh, nice and sparkly! I like
    Sealed tin saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in there each day
    House deposit savings 52,000
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 14th Apr 18, 6:11 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I had a tummy bug for a few days (was allergic to something) so I was in bed. Today though I started to recover and went to the shopping centre with my parents for a mooch. Then I helped with the gardening.

No work work done for two days as I was so ill. Never mind. I made the most of today's gorgeous sunny weather though.
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 14th Apr 18, 9:26 PM
    • 337 Posts
    • 2,169 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    Glad you're feeling better SW, take care of yourself!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Overpayments in 2018 - 219.36 | Lose 1 stone - 0/14lbs |
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I twisted my back when I got up this morning and my back kills. I look like a tortoise with a pink hot waterbottle as my shell. I'm a bit better and will try to go to work tomorrow.

Only two weeks till payday. My current account switch payment of 125 has come today. Thank you to Skinty for reminding me to check. Hurrah for extra money.

No more extra spending for the next 2 weeks. I shouldn't have bought extra placemats but I'm keeping them for times like Christmas when I have extra guests.

Roll on nice weather for later this week. I can't wait.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 15-04-2018 at 7:16 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Apr 18, 11:35 AM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Just got in from work. Glorious I have the rest of the day off. I am washing some sheets and will dry them outside in the spirit of MSE.

I had painkillers for back and fell asleep for rest of day.lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 16-04-2018 at 5:46 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 17th Apr 18, 4:29 AM
    • 3,184 Posts
    • 18,773 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Sorry to hear about your tummy bug and backpain SW. Hope the painkillers are helping and you are feeling better x
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th Apr 18, 8:42 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello Skinty thank you v much. I had a loooong day today and am cuddled up to hot water bottle to alleviate the pain.

I managed to do quite a bit tonight so hopefully tomorrow will be a good day. lol.

I hope there is a heatwave.

Two weeks till payday.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Apr 18, 3:07 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The weather is glorious. A proper heatwave. Hurrah. I spent 8.50 today (most of it went to charity).
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 21st Apr 18, 12:42 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    One week and two days till payday. Today I have washed two lots of clothing and am drying them on the line. I'm going to try to vacuum despite my back hurting a little.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 21st Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    • 5,015 Posts
    • 44,023 Thanks
    Kittikins
    It's a long old time til payday isn't it I miscalculated somehow and have less money left than I thought I did....
    Sealed tin saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in there each day
    House deposit savings 52,000
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 21st Apr 18, 1:55 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Me too. Dont worry we will still be ok. I am cleaning and doing things to take my mind off lack of money. I might go out for a shop tomorrow for food but I am trying to use up the things I have.

I have made an executive decision. I have just bought a liptick on fleabay and also a blouse. I like them but they weren't essential and I need to stop buying things as I have loads of clothes. So next month is a non fleabay month. EEEK EEEK EEEEK will I be able to manage it?????

Ooer we have thunder here. Jolly exciting.

One of my friends popped by and gave me a lift to supermarket. I saved 10 on taxi fare's. ~The food price was 32 with no whoopsies.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 21-04-2018 at 8:50 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 21st Apr 18, 9:11 PM
    • 3,184 Posts
    • 18,773 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Oh SW you are naughty

Does the 10 saved on taxi fares cover the fleabay spending ?
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 21st Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I know Skinty but I am a well dressed naughty now
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 22nd Apr 18, 8:43 AM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    ~There was a huge lightning storm last night and plenty of rain so I don't think I will be mowing the grass as it's soaked.

I have been working from home this morning. But the weather is so glorious I don't mind. Hopefully it wont take long. I'm going to chill and enjoy the weather.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 22-04-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 23rd Apr 18, 1:04 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ive been for a medical appointment, weeded and fed the garden (I have so many weeds in a huge lawn), washed and line dried some clothes. I have a little work to do and then I am going to have a nice sleep.

Roll on this time next week as it's payday. Paypal have sent me a 5 voucher. I didn't think it was genuine but it is. I bought two lipglosses and it cost me 98p. Thank you paypal.

Including postage (which seems really expensive) I have spent 106.34 on ebay this month. I bought Julien MacDonald placemats, 2 Autograph blouses, spare little shoulder bag, make up bag both of which I didn't need(why????), Clinique lip stick, 2 l'oreal lip gloss, homedics microdermabrasion machine. Blimey that's bad. It's all accounted for in my spending budget and I can pay for all of it but really I do need to go back to basics.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 23-04-2018 at 7:43 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 23rd Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have been STUPID. This really does deserve it's own post. I withdrew cash from cash machine twice (TWICE) and without thinking I used my credit card (as it looks so similar to the debit card) when I had the money in my debit card account. For the first time in my life I have been charged two cash withdrawal fees of 3. How daft could I be?????

OMG. From now on I am only taking my debit card out with me. I can't believe I put the wrong card in. They do look so alike. FRUGAL FAIL. I suppose the paypal 5 voucher cancels it out and I didn't have to pay taxi fare to the supermarket which saved 10 so it's not that bad in the grand scheme of things.

PENANCE - Next month no spending on fleabay and I can only spend 10 a week on fun. I will buy food as usual and I am not doing any other spending.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 23-04-2018 at 8:13 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 24th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I spent 60p on tea today. Please let the rest of the week be ok. Roll on rent payment from lodger tomorrow and payday on Monday.

Only two more wages till the summer holiday. Hurrah.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 24th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    • 3,184 Posts
    • 18,773 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    At least it was only 6 charge on the cash withdrawal fee. Good luck with the "May no fleabay"
    Balance 0% credit card to pay 768.73. 600 649.37
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 24th Apr 18, 7:16 PM
    • 13,291 Posts
    • 46,809 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello Skinty, I'm blooming mortified. I will never do that again. Am doing some admin tonight.

Ive put in a request to see if I can increase my hours a little next year. I don't want to do as much as I used to do so but a little extra is worth a try so I can not have to watch the pennies so carefully. If you don't ask you don't get is my motto.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,134Posts Today

7,193Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin