Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 13,667Posts
    • 47,135Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Christmas Fund is all gone lol.
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 84
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 1st Apr 18, 2:38 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hurrah it's Easter, I've sorted the cleaning in one bathroom, also washed clothes which are line drying and even cooked a chicken meal. I'm going to have a nap then I shall do some work.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 1st Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 44,219 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Hooray for Easter! Hope you've had some chocolate as well I got an egg at church and yummy choc from my folks, as did DD. We're down in Bath for a few days of chilling out and eating choccy.
    Sealed tin and beach 2p saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in tins each day
    Moved house with my beloved DD and KW - 29.6.18
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 2nd Apr 18, 12:04 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I bought a gorgeous little bag yesterday from fleabay for 6 (instead of 70!!!!). I love finding a good bargain. Today I have given myself some tasks to do: half my ironing and one load of marking. It is raining like crazy out there.
    • pinknsparkly
    • By pinknsparkly 2nd Apr 18, 1:23 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    pinknsparkly
    hey savingswannabe,

I'm just catching up on everything I've missed in the last couple of months. I'm so glad your work environment is nicer now that Creepy McCreepy has left the building Though I do have to agree with Kittikins that running out of food is not something that would ever happen in my house
    Plan: buy a house in summer 2018 | spring 2019 | winter 2018

Realistic savings goal: 10% house deposit. DONE
    Super ambitious savings goal: 15% house deposit. DONE
    Currently on 13.2% (2nd Apr '18) | 14.1% (2nd Jul '18) | 15.6% (31st Jul '18) | 16.9% (1st Sep '18) | 18.0% (6th Oct '18) | 18.4% (31st Oct '18) 23.9% (2nd Nov '18)
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 3rd Apr 18, 3:24 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello Pinky it's good to hear from you. Welcome back.

I have had such a lazy day. I've done a bit of work this afternoon thank goodness and ordered something from fleabay for 40. OMG. It will be so good but it wasn't a necessity. Yikes.

I must be good. I must be good. I'm living on baked beans for rest of the month. Onwards with my marking.......
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-04-2018 at 6:16 PM.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 3rd Apr 18, 8:20 PM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 44,219 Thanks
    Kittikins
    I agree with the baked beans! I've been spending again today, nothing too horrendous, but it's all adding up....eeek
    Sealed tin and beach 2p saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in tins each day
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 4th Apr 18, 8:38 AM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    i have been woken up to 3 bunches of flowers from Steve and Andy. They are gorgeous and were reduced to 25p each in supermarket so they sent them with Susan who came late last night.

Two are squished into a vase and I have given one to lovely neighbours who are also delighted. I keep offering to marry Steve but he keeps turning me down as he is married to Andrew. lol.

Seriously though, it does make you wonder how much these flowers actually cost the supermarkets when they were originally 6 each and now they are 25p.

Lovely hairdresser is coming at 1 until then I am marking...... So today I will spend 14 on a haircut.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 04-04-2018 at 8:42 AM.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 4th Apr 18, 9:18 AM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 44,219 Thanks
    Kittikins
    What lovely friends you have Steve's very selfish if he doesn't have a brother for you!!

Enjoy the haircut, I need one (and taming of the eyebrows) when we get back home, feeling a bit shaggy!
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 4th Apr 18, 4:45 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    They've cheered me up I have done a pile of work really quickly. So happy. I only have 2 more tasks to do (big ones) to catch up with January work. Then I can start this terms marking.

Still it's nice to have a haircut. I feel inspired. Long may it last. lol.

Steve doesn't have a brother. Neither does Andy. :ma d:
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 7th Apr 18, 2:49 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ok I have done one load of marking but have still got to do the front sheets and write one lesson. I mowed some of the grass today. I couldn't do it all as I would be too tired.

I'm chilling now. Ill do some more work in a bit. All my fleabay purchases have arrived. So happy.
    • pinknsparkly
    • By pinknsparkly 7th Apr 18, 3:14 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    pinknsparkly
    Hello Pinky it's good to hear from you. Welcome back.

I have had such a lazy day. I've done a bit of work this afternoon thank goodness and ordered something from fleabay for 40. OMG. It will be so good but it wasn't a necessity. Yikes.

I must be good. I must be good. I'm living on baked beans for rest of the month. Onwards with my marking.......
    Originally posted by savingwannabe
    I feel you on the baked beans! We're fairly short on money for the rest of this month (about 150 left until payday, to include petrol for work) as I topped up our ISAs with last month's payday. My lovely husband then came home from the gym today to inform me he'd come back via SportsDirect who had a 20% off sale so he'd treated himself to over 50 of new sports clothes that he doesn't even need
    Plan: buy a house in summer 2018 | spring 2019 | winter 2018

Realistic savings goal: 10% house deposit. DONE
    Super ambitious savings goal: 15% house deposit. DONE
    Currently on 13.2% (2nd Apr '18) | 14.1% (2nd Jul '18) | 15.6% (31st Jul '18) | 16.9% (1st Sep '18) | 18.0% (6th Oct '18) | 18.4% (31st Oct '18) 23.9% (2nd Nov '18)
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 8th Apr 18, 8:17 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have been watching Dave Ramsey videos during my weekend and feel v inspired. Many people are saving money and it doesn't matter that I have a low income. We can all do it and it will help us in the future. I do panic sometimes as I know my pension will be rubbish as I can't work full time due to illness. But I feel a bit reassured as i have twenty odd years of my working life left and I am sure I can save enough for an ok retirement.

I am on a 'eating healthy drive' and did a big food shop of 34! By the time I got there all the whoopsies were gone so I spent at least a fiver more than usual! Travel cost 10 as the taxi fares have gone up.

I'm hoping to go out only once this week and meet a friend in town and hopefully that will be the end of my spending. I have plenty of marking and planning to continue with for the rest of the week. So I am chilling now and enjoying the peace.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Apr 18, 9:35 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I have 4 small piles of marking to do and one course to write. That's it and I have 5 days to do it. I'm going out tomorrow but will try to do some work every day.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Apr 18, 7:20 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I went to town and had lunch with a friend. Total cost including travel was 22.00.

Here's the yikes bit. If you are a pessimist, I wasted 25 in the sales. If you view life through rose tinted spectacles, I had a bargain and saved 40 popping into Debenhams to buy some lovely placemats.

Don't think Dave Ramsey would be too impressed.

Off to hide...........
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 11th Apr 18, 7:33 PM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 44,219 Thanks
    Kittikins
    You've saved an unknown amount by buying placemats, as you are protecting the surface of your dining table Well done you!
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Apr 18, 7:52 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Good point Kitty, as it was a v expensive table.

We are shopaholics. I think we should both hide............
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 11th Apr 18, 8:19 PM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 44,219 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Today, I have only bought 30 notebooks, what are you talking about?!?!? Me, a shopaholic?!
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Apr 18, 9:34 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Ok seeing that this is 'fession time, in the interests of protecting the table at Christmas and birthdays I have had to order another 3 sets from Debenhams online. It cost an additional 29.00.

I'm not leaving the house this month other than to go to work or medical appointments.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 11th Apr 18, 10:10 PM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 44,219 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Ok Missus, time to put a link to these mats of beauty! KW, DD and I need place mats....
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Apr 18, 10:34 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    My house is ivory and I have gold curtains, ivory cushions etc so I ordered some mirrored golden placemats to replace my plain gold ones.

It's the Star by Julien Macdonald 4 coasters (reduced to 7.60) and 2 placemats (reduced to 8.80) that are gold and silver stripes. I can't get a link to work.

I am going to hide in bed now. I will not shop. I will not shop.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,265Posts Today

7,108Users online

Martin's Twitter