Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 13,370Posts
    • 46,869Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Chiistmas Fund 21.00 (Dec 1st 2018)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 76
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Dec 17, 4:19 AM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello to be honest the food was so pants lodger and I had half of it and put rest in the bin. What a waste of 21 from my birthday fund.

I was supposed to go for a blood test but my sugars were too high. This was caused by eating chocolate. Today I am going to do something positive and ask lodger to bring cross dresser into kitchen that way I can work on getting thin. I am hoping the endorphins from this will help my depression rather than me constantly sinking into an abyss of comfort food.

Also I will go to pharmacy and buy some eye ointment for an eye infection. Then I have plenty of work to do.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 05-12-2017 at 8:25 AM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Dec 17, 8:36 PM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    On the positive side I haven't spent any money today. I spent most of the day resting. I did a bit of work and tidied. I was ill today and that coupled with thinking about my job made my depression worse.

My lodger is the opposite he says he doesn't let himself get down. He has been out once with his friends and has picked up a girlfriend already and is spending his second night with her. I can't believe how fast he is!!! It's quite funny in a way.

I'm having a hair cut tomorrow and also I might jump on the cross dresser for a bit (as he kindly moved it out of the garage into the kitchen for me). What else can I do to snap out of it?
    • blue_mango
    • By blue_mango 5th Dec 17, 8:54 PM
    • 394 Posts
    • 1,372 Thanks
    blue_mango
    I'm having a hair cut tomorrow and also I might jump on the cross dresser for a bit (as he kindly moved it out of the garage into the kitchen for me). What else can I do to snap out of it?
    Originally posted by savingwannabe
    May I ask what are you calling a cross dresser?... Surely you don't have a man dressed like a woman in your kitchen?

A cross trainer, maybe?
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 5th Dec 17, 8:58 PM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Yes a cross trainer but a cross dresser sounds much more fun.

I could ask lodger to wear a dress though. Wonder if he will do it if I reduce the rent???????
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Dec 17, 4:50 PM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    We went to London on Saturday. Winter Wonderland was interesting and we did plenty of walking, then Harrods. We had a few nice meals. Total spend 100 but we had so much fun.

Today I have been recovering and doing washing but unlike Skint Again I have been unMSE and been using the dryer like crazy.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 12th Dec 17, 4:23 PM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I did a supermarket shop for 45, taxi spend today including hospital visit was 20. I'm keeping my head down and not spending anything hopefully until the weekend when I visit a friend.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 12th Dec 17, 8:17 PM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Plans for 2018:
    • I will stop eating out but will meet friends for coffee instead
    • I will save 50 a month for Christmas.
    • I will save all my rent money after the bills are paid
      • To get thin
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 12th Dec 17, 11:56 PM
    • 5,047 Posts
    • 44,060 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Hey there, I think I'll join you in some of those resolutions, especially the saving for Christmas and getting thin! I've totally lost the plot with those...

Hope you are having fun on the cross-dresser!!!!!
    Sealed tin saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in there each day
    House deposit savings 52,000
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 14th Dec 17, 7:28 AM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Over Christmas I am applying for my provisional driving licence and also will do my cv. I have been putting it off for ages.

It's nearly the weekend. This week is dragging at work.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 14th Dec 17, 7:26 PM
    • 3,212 Posts
    • 18,799 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Sounds like you had a lovely time in London SW. I think its nice to treat yourself when you work so hard. Well done on new year resolutions and enjoy visiting your friend.
    Balance 0% credit card to pay 1360.83

June grocery budget 72.33 / 320
    Entertainment budget 50
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th Dec 17, 9:54 PM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    This guy at work has been asking me to go for a drink with him for ages. I finally agreed tonight and he had wandering hands, offered to have kids with me and to move in after one visit to the pub.

OMG. He has not stopped ringing me since I got in. Just when I think my life is crap it get's worse. I have switched off my mobile and will text him politely to b****** off as dictated by the boys which we will do tomorrow morning.

Thank goodness for the weekend. Please let it get better.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 16-12-2017 at 4:05 AM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 16th Dec 17, 7:08 AM
    • 3,212 Posts
    • 18,799 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    OMG you are going to have to make it very clear to him to leave you alone. The problem is you are so nice and polite ! Make sure he gets the message !! Send him one message then block his number
    Something along the lines of thanks for the drink but I've realised I'm not ready for a relationship. I'm sure you will soon meet someone else who can give you the relationship you are looking for and deserve.

That probably sounds crap but you get the gist. I'm rubbish with words lol. Just be very clear that you are not the woman for him - whilst doing your best Jedi impression lol

I hope you can get rid of him x
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 16-12-2017 at 7:10 AM.

Entertainment budget 50
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Dec 17, 8:07 AM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Thank you so much I was going to ask Steve and Andy to dictate something but I will use this. They did last night but he was too busy texting me and I switched the mobile off to get rid of him.

I am doing laundry and housework today and will forget all of this nonsense. I'm not scared of him and know lots of nice people at work who will help if it escalates. I don't think it will though.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 16th Dec 17, 11:28 AM
    • 5,047 Posts
    • 44,060 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Blimey, he sounds like a nightmare! I agree with the 'Thanks but I'm not really ready for a relationship right now" idea.....how horrible when you work with him. I hope it's worked and that your laundry and housework is going well!!!

I'm in a guano (lovely word) at home - I forgot to write that I was out at KW's last night, so had a horrible phone call from my parents, spent the rest of the evening in a bad mood, then came home and have been hiding in my room like a naughty teenager.....I know I should have made sure everyone knew, but I'm always at KW's on a Friday night, it's like it's written in stone.

Roll on May.....
    Sealed tin saving - trying to put everything under 1 in my purse in there each day
    House deposit savings 52,000
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Dec 17, 6:08 PM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Thank you both for your support. He's ringing but Im ignoring phone. I did reply once to say I did not wish to take our professional relationship any further. Lodger and the boys are finding the whole thing hilarious.

Kittikins hopefully your parents are calmer now. I hope you are both having a good evening. I put up my Christmas lights and am just chilling.
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 16th Dec 17, 10:44 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 2,222 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    Christ he's coming on a bit strong isn't he! Hope you manage to get him to sod off. Sounds like an entitled little twerp - "I'll have kids with you and move in to your house", like you're supposed to go "OMG THANK YOU I've just been DYING for someone to say those words to me since forever!!!"

Shame you have to work with him, otherwise I'd suggest cutting him down to size with a bland "I'm not that desperate, goodbye".
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Overpayments in 2018 - 219.36 | Lose 1 stone - 0/14lbs |
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th Dec 17, 7:00 AM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello Vintage Historian, he stopped ringing me last night so hopefully it's over now. I'm just so surprised I thought he was an ok person like a friend or id never have gone for a drink. I just thought we'd be talking about work and Christmas. Well thank goodness it is over.

I did offer Steve and Andy Paddington bear this morning and asked them if I could have a cake from them to celebrate the birth of our child.

I woke up thinking it was Monday and now it is Sunday I am happy as we have a whole day of fun.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 17th Dec 17, 7:31 AM
    • 3,212 Posts
    • 18,799 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I'm glad he is leaving you alone now, What a worry for you. Enjoy your sunday

Entertainment budget 50
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th Dec 17, 12:36 PM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Bless you, I have a facemask on with any luck I will look like Cindy Crawford soon if a little shorter and fatter- I did some housework and will be ironing. I'm not doing any work work. My brain has shut down and we break up for hols on Friday so I will do marking over the hols.

I've bought some chocs (lots of them) for students so had to do a quality test to check their tastiness. So far I've had some mini-bounties but must NOT eat any more. Today is a chill out day too. It's raining outside and I wanted to get some nice food to eat but I am not going to the supermarket if it is horrid. I wonder if lodger will mind if I pinch an orange - I gave him Susan's spare clementines as the builder was going to pop by with some for me but he had to cancel hence, I have run out of fruit.

My friends have said they don't want gifts this Christmas (which is great as I don't have anything in my xmas fund) they just want to meet me for a meal more often (which I want to stop doing as it is sooo expensive).
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Dec 17, 9:28 PM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 46,869 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Exhausting day at work. Creep pretended everything was fine and kept trying to talk to me. I just gave him dirty looks and cut any conversations dead when he started them. I was told to tell my boss as it might affect safety of anyone who is stuck in a taxi with him when we have socials.

Work was crazy. So glad to be home. Treated myself to a Chinese. Got house to myself as tenant is with his friends tonight.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,329Posts Today

8,321Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin