Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    • 654Posts
    • 404Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy
    • 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy 9th Feb 15 at 10:26 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Zog Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 14
    • bufferz
    • By bufferz 15th Feb 19, 9:37 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    bufferz
    Joining zog this weekend - engie contract just finishing end of march, a 2 ye fix is costing me an extra £1 a month, compared to an extra £10 a month with engie.
    • hawkwind
    • By hawkwind 25th Mar 19, 12:58 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    hawkwind
    Just switched my gas to Zog 2 year fixed as Avro prices has shot up.
    Hopefully everything changes smoothly.
    • Subaru WRX
    • By Subaru WRX 25th Mar 19, 1:22 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Subaru WRX
    Had no problems with my time with Zog, I renewed my contract recently too. The online submitting of readings is very simple each month.
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 7th May 19, 5:15 PM
    • 540 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    Tafrock
    4 years a very happy zog customer. No frills website. No app just one regular monthly reading at end of month, bill appears around 12th for me

Very responsive to emails

I recommend them
    • molerat
    • By molerat 12th Jun 19, 2:06 PM
    • 21,827 Posts
    • 16,038 Thanks
    molerat
    Just past half way through my 2 year fix and built up a bit of credit. E-mailed late last night and received a reply at lunch time that they will refund the full credit.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • WoollyMan
    • By WoollyMan 22nd Jul 19, 12:23 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    WoollyMan
    Continuing smoothly
    I've been with them 4Ĺ years, including several changes of tariff - no problems experienced. The website is no frills, and no app, but it's easy to submit the monthly meter reading online. A bill/statement is sent each month as an attachment to an email - no hassle of logging in so definite thumbs up from me for that.
    • tomthered
    • By tomthered 22nd Jul 19, 3:04 PM
    • 251 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    tomthered
    Like WoollyMan been with them at least 4 years and got to say their customer service is the best. Submit a read at the end of the month and get a bill sent. I stay even though there are slightly cheaper providers.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 22nd Jul 19, 3:10 PM
    • 21,827 Posts
    • 16,038 Thanks
    molerat
    They are slowing down though, they do sometimes take up to half a day to reply to e-mails
    • PennineAcute
    • By PennineAcute 22nd Jul 19, 5:18 PM
    • 551 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    PennineAcute
    Moved my gas over to ZOG. Was previously a customer of Zog before I moved to Utility Point.

Switch went perfectly and was told that my first payment was 15 July. Checked my online banking on this day, to find that the DD had been refused by my bank. Checked my DD and there was no DD mandate. Phoned the bank and they told me it had been declined due to no mandate being set up.

Contacted Zog the same day, and later on in the day, had an email requesting if I could make a direct payment for that month's amount. Did this a couple of hours later.

Next day, I received a snotty email, asking me why I had cancelled the DD, that if I did not set it back up (by completing the DD mandate orm from a link in the email) that my SC and UP would increase. Also asking that if I had an financial difficulties, to contact them.

I replied to this email, expressing my dissatisfaction that they had sent this, especially as I had contacted them first, the previous day to attempt to sort the matter out.

They responded with "that email was an auto response" and that they are looking into it.

As yet, not heard anything else from them and no mandate is showing on my online banking.

Looks like I will have to keep making direct payments to them.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 7th Aug 19, 8:49 PM
    • 21,827 Posts
    • 16,038 Thanks
    molerat
    Quick off the mark with bills this month !
    • Kitchen Sink
    • By Kitchen Sink 16th Oct 19, 10:26 AM
    • 134 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Kitchen Sink
    Price increase
    What's going wrong with our darling gas supplier???

Zog Energy were formally often changing their tariffs to bring us the very best, latest prices.

However, this year, they seem to have not changed their prices since March (save for a reduction last month to their expensive, variable tariff, Juniper, presumably to comply with the Ofgem price cap)

On Monday, 14-Oct-2019, they finally updated their prices to all their other tariffs.
    But whilst the general price of gas is falling with most suppliers, Zog has increased theirs! I have to look quite a long way down a comparison site to find them now whereas they have usually been within the top 3 if not top.

I've also noticed from their billing, that their customer numbers have stalled this year, too.

What are they playing at?
    Are they in financial difficulty, or are they building up a war chest to fund the launch of electricity tariffs, originally promised for last year, but then at the end of last year, promised for the end of this year?
    (I have noticed Ofgem revoking some suppliers energy tariffs recently if a supplier does not use them i.e. supply the fuel they are licenced to supply)

Glad we're on a long fix, but when that ends, if they continue as they have done this year, looks like we may have to switch. But that won't be until the Spring, assuming they last that long.
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 9th Dec 19, 9:28 AM
    • 540 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    Tafrock
    I agree with the above. Zogs tariffs aren't keeping up with competition recently. My deal ends in April. I'm not tied in to a contract though so can leave anytime. Several gas tariffs are beating my current zog tariff. But more worrying is that come April staying with zog will cost me in the region of sixty pounds a year more and tie me in to a new contract with early exit fees. Most unlike zog. Is it because they claim to be launching duel fuel tariffs sometime in 2020.
    • BoxerfanUK
    • By BoxerfanUK 9th Dec 19, 9:58 AM
    • 537 Posts
    • 436 Thanks
    BoxerfanUK
    I agree with the above. Zogs tariffs aren't keeping up with competition recently. My deal ends in April. I'm not tied in to a contract though so can leave anytime. Several gas tariffs are beating my current zog tariff. But more worrying is that come April staying with zog will cost me in the region of sixty pounds a year more and tie me in to a new contract with early exit fees. Most unlike zog. Is it because they claim to be launching duel fuel tariffs sometime in 2020.
    Originally posted by Tafrock
    Same here, my ZOG 2 year fix ends in March but no exit fees now and saw SSE had the cheapest deal the other day for gas only, cheaper than I'm currently paying Zog so think I may bite the bullet and switch now.
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 9th Dec 19, 10:08 AM
    • 3,296 Posts
    • 2,415 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    I suspect there may be increases in the hidden costs as opposed to the price of gas itself, after all the workers don't work for free and the premises don't run on fresh air.

But that being said we see no end of new companies who ultimately in the comparison tables beat Zog, and then have no end of issues with customer services, billing and whatever else, then they get into financial difficulties.

When I run a gas only check on the Energy Club, Zog comes up 14th in my list for Mercury 12, but everybody above them is either a new entrant. an old one with known issues or a big provider in new colours. iSupplyEnergy (new), Gulf Gas, Bristol Energy, Sainsbury's, Outfox and So.

Of course it may well be that because these companies buy gas literally months in advance, it's a bad spell. They may know something we don't.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 9th Dec 19, 4:55 PM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 3,108 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    We were on a fixed tariff with Zog that was due to end early next year and expected the price to increase over the winter.

Therefore, we decided to switch early to a 2 year fix with Zog just before the price increase.

Lucky we did as the new prices would have worked out over £60 more.

We hope they are not in trouble as we and a relative are very content with Zog and don't want to end up being switched to a SOLR.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30į pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers. Inst Aug 2015.
    REUK Diverter, Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump, Kia Soul EV & 100% Green Electric Tariff.
    • PennineAcute
    • By PennineAcute 9th Dec 19, 5:59 PM
    • 551 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    PennineAcute
    I'm with Zog and yes, they are not currently the cheapest - although they were when I signed up for a two-year deal in July.

If they are not the cheapest, there is a reason why. I like to think they know what they are doing - and ensuring they are not going where many have gone over the past couple of years.

Yes, I had an issue with them, when I was waiting for money to come through and my savings had been used. They were not as helpful as I hoped they would be, but I understand their reasons. My £22 goes towards them buying further gas. If I did not pay, they have less money available.
    • Kitchen Sink
    • By Kitchen Sink 13th Jan 20, 10:39 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Kitchen Sink
    At last!
    Finally, it looks like Zog have begun to wake up and reduce their prices.

Only their Mercury 12 (v34) tariff is currently reduced, but hopefully their other tariffs will follow shortly.

Still not the cheapest though
    • GunJack
    • By GunJack 14th Jan 20, 10:09 AM
    • 10,896 Posts
    • 8,189 Thanks
    GunJack
    ...which doesn't show up in the CEC tables..it's in uswitch already though.
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple
    • Xenon
    • By Xenon 15th Jan 20, 5:48 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    Xenon
    Is there any news/update regarding Zog offering electric tariffs ? (think they received the licence 2 years ago) - seems to have been a while.
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 15th Jan 20, 6:05 PM
    • 540 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    Tafrock
    Zog were granted an electricity licence way back in September 2017. I constantly ask them when supply will commence. I was told early this year last i asked back in October . But I'm not holding my breath. I've been given several answers which haven't come to fruition

Here's the email I received

"Thank you for your email.

We are very appreciative of your patience whilst we are setting up the supply of electricity.

We are hoping to begin supplying electricity early 2020, however we do not have a confirmation date as of yet.

I will make a note on your account of your interest in electricity and we will contact you with any further updates we may have.

In the meantime, it may be worth keeping an eye on our website and social media, as I am sure when we begin the supply of electricity this will be advertised also. ""
    Last edited by Tafrock; 15-01-2020 at 6:16 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,770Posts Today

6,695Users online

Martin's Twitter