Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    • 652Posts
    • 401Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy
    • 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy 9th Feb 15 at 10:26 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Zog Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 12
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 4th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 1,813 Thanks
    lstar337
    Ofgem has granted Zog Energy a licence to supply electricity in Great Britain

https://www.zogenergy.com/news
    Originally posted by The Green Hornet
    Great news! Thanks for the update.

Can't wait to see how competitive it is.
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 11th Nov 17, 11:03 AM
    • 196 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    kev2009
    Great news! I heard a rumor Zog were looking to supply Electricity towards end of 2018 but hadn't heard anymore. Does anyone know a date that they plan to start supplying electricity from? My current tariff runs out in 2019 as I signed up earlier this year to a 2yr fixed plan so i'm really hoping I can switch my electricity to Zog also assuming prices are competitive at the time as I've had no issues with Zog so far and hoping the Gas remains competitive also.

Kev
    • neil9313
    • By neil9313 20th Nov 17, 1:16 PM
    • 687 Posts
    • 206 Thanks
    neil9313
    Zog energy are actually looking to supply electric in the last quarter of 2018 after I emailed them the question.
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 23rd Nov 17, 8:58 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    kev2009
    Thanks, that's good news! My existing tariff runs out in early 2019 so should work out perfectly, assuming it remains competitive

Kev
    • Farway
    • By Farway 27th Nov 17, 2:52 PM
    • 6,095 Posts
    • 9,562 Thanks
    Farway
    I never had any problems with Zog, but changed supplier last month.
    I only changed because I wanted a two year fix which at the time was dearer on Zog

Refund of overpaid DD was returned to my bank account within a month of my leaving, I did not have to request or notify them about a refund, they just did it

10/10 from me to Zog
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 27th Nov 17, 3:23 PM
    • 5,599 Posts
    • 3,432 Thanks
    Hengus
    [QUOTE=Farway;73473842
    Refund of overpaid DD was returned to my bank account within a month of my leaving, I did not have to request or notify them about a refund, they just did it

[/QUOTE]

Credit where credit is due, the raising of a Final Bill and credit repayment is down to your losing supplier. I am with Zog and it took my losing supplier 6 weeks from the date of transfer just to raise a Final Bill. Zog is in no way responsible for that.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 24th Jan 18, 12:58 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,670 Thanks
    footyguy
    I noticed yesterday (seems to have launched Monday) that Zog have launched another tariff

Zog Saturn 24 v1

This is a 2 year fixed tariff without any early exit fees.

I've not checked every region, but it seems cheaper in all regions and for all usages than any of their other offerings, including their Mercury 12 tariff (12 month fixed, with early exit fees)

Is this an indication of the general downwards direction gas prices are expecting to be heading?
    Or that Zog energy are feeling the pinch from other (newbie) suppliers?
    • ChaunceyGardiner
    • By ChaunceyGardiner 24th Jan 18, 3:24 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    ChaunceyGardiner
    I'm not keen on long fixes, but I signed up for Mercury 24 last week, as it was cheaper than Mercury 12. I'll be asking for this instead.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 24th Jan 18, 5:08 PM
    • 5,599 Posts
    • 3,432 Thanks
    Hengus
    I could save the massive sum of £7 a year by switching to this new tariff. I have asked Zog whether senior management has considered waving exit fees for tariff changes? The response was a firm !!!8216;no!!!8217; which I think is a little short sighted given how the market is evolving. I could transfer my gas to Bulb and they would refund my exit fee, and then switch back to Zog to save £7 a year. Probably a bit drastic, but it supports my view that tariff exit fees are no longer a disincentive to switching.
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 25th Jan 18, 9:09 AM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 1,813 Thanks
    lstar337
    I could save the massive sum of £7 a year by switching to this new tariff. I have asked Zog whether senior management has considered waving exit fees for tariff changes? The response was a firm Ďnoí which I think is a little short sighted given how the market is evolving. I could transfer my gas to Bulb and they would refund my exit fee, and then switch back to Zog to save £7 a year. Probably a bit drastic, but it supports my view that tariff exit fees are no longer a disincentive to switching.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    It's disappointing for sure, but they have always been this way. It's really their only downside that I can see.
    • Be In That Number
    • By Be In That Number 29th Jan 18, 3:40 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Be In That Number
    I've just started the ball rolling with a move to Zog's 24 Saturn v1 tariff. I'd been tariff hopping with Npower for a few years, making the most of CEC's cashback for Npower-Npower switches, but with no exit fees this is too good to turn down.

Hopefully all goes smoothly.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 14th Feb 18, 7:03 PM
    • 3,491 Posts
    • 1,821 Thanks
    MABLE
    My N Power deal finishes shortly so have taken the plunge and the plus for me is no exit fees as well as a cheaper unit price. However I have been very happy with N Power so no complaints there.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 14th Feb 18, 7:20 PM
    • 5,599 Posts
    • 3,432 Thanks
    Hengus
    I've just started the ball rolling with a move to Zog's 24 Saturn v1 tariff. I'd been tariff hopping with Npower for a few years, making the most of CEC's cashback for Npower-Npower switches, but with no exit fees this is too good to turn down.

Hopefully all goes smoothly.
    Originally posted by Be In That Number
    Donít expect any fancy online accounts; DD management tools etc. Provide Zog with an actual meter reading on the last day of each month and you will get an e-mailed statement about a week or so later.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 14th Feb 18, 8:04 PM
    • 738 Posts
    • 1,861 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Don!!!8217;t expect any fancy online accounts; DD management tools etc. Provide Zog with an actual meter reading on the last day of each month and you will get an e-mailed statement about a week or so later.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Customer service is 1st class though.
    For example; I sent them an email query yesterday morning and received a response within a couple of hours.
    That's slightly slower than usual, as they usually respond within the hour.
    • Be In That Number
    • By Be In That Number 19th Feb 18, 4:59 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Be In That Number
    All going smoothly for me. Opening reading sent and Zog should take over my supply tomorrow.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 23rd Feb 18, 8:59 AM
    • 3,491 Posts
    • 1,821 Thanks
    MABLE
    The transfer seems to be going well and all set for 28 March. I know the website is very basic but it does allow me to enter meter readings and they send statements every month so provided I keep on top of it everything should be fine.

Its a very similar set up to Dalygas and never had any problems. Also communication via email or social media is great for me. However this may be a problem for some people.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 23rd Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    • 5,599 Posts
    • 3,432 Thanks
    Hengus
    The transfer seems to be going well and all set for 28 March. I know the website is very basic but it does allow me to enter meter readings and they send statements every month so provided I keep on top of it everything should be fine.

Its a very similar set up to Dalygas and never had any problems. Also communication via email or social media is great for me. However this may be a problem for some people.
    Originally posted by MABLE
    @Mable - if you want a bill based on an actual meter reading then set a diary reminder to give Zog a meter reading on the last day of each month. The statement is then e-mailed to you about a week later. As you say, Zog is a no frills supplier. Given the problems that other suppliers have had with their technology, this is no bad thing.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 23rd Feb 18, 12:41 PM
    • 10,377 Posts
    • 4,342 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Tempted to go back to Zog for their 24 month fix .Low standing charge and no exit fees .
    Just wish they did leccy as well .
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 23rd Feb 18, 12:48 PM
    • 5,599 Posts
    • 3,432 Thanks
    Hengus
    Tempted to go back to Zog for their 24 month fix .Low standing charge and no exit fees .
    Just wish they did leccy as well .
    Originally posted by JJ Egan
    "We are planning to supply electricity in late 2018.

We will register your interest and we will then contact you with further details nearer the time of our launch."
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 23rd Feb 18, 1:14 PM
    • 10,377 Posts
    • 4,342 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Yes its for the future but current MSE Flow runs out in a months time .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

2,058Users online

Martin's Twitter