Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 8th Feb 15, 10:31 PM
    • 1,406Posts
    • 4,280Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    In the Lowest Hour
    • 8th Feb 15, 10:31 PM
    In the Lowest Hour 8th Feb 15 at 10:31 PM
    In the Lowest Hour..I wonder if I can get any lower.

Money ...

I'm so reliant
    I'm so dependant
    I'm such a fool

Sam Smith could have written that for me ..

Where do I start?? ..yes that's right by making a coffee ...and having a long hard look at everything ....

I know where I am but the denial and longing not to be in my current situation kicks in ...

Am I motivated ...not in the slightest ...

SOA going to make me feel sick ..pig sick ...

My mission is to log in everyday and get sorted ...anything has got to be better than this, I loathe myself and my situation that has got to change.
Page 53
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 19th Feb 18, 8:13 PM
    • 1,678 Posts
    • 10,054 Thanks
    redofromstart
    hello

Must be something about microwaves at the moment, mine went at the weekend too.
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 19th Feb 18, 9:00 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    Oh Red just our luck - still not replaced mine lol

I Love your avatar.

Sam x
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 19th Feb 18, 9:20 PM
    • 1,678 Posts
    • 10,054 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Oh Red just our luck - still not replaced mine lol

I Love your avatar.

Sam x
    Originally posted by moneyonmymindsam
    Thanks - I like cats best but a fellow poster reminded me that I needed a fluffy teddy bear to continue the Pratchett theme.

I have looked for a replacement microwave but it can't have air vents on top (cat bed!) and they all seem to have poor reviews so I gave up. Aldee have some in store this week I think but they do have the air vents on top.
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 22nd Feb 18, 12:04 AM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    So as expected Savings have dipped so will update my signature .

I am still sorting stuff - tomorrow I will take my last bag of stuff to the charity just to save the torn between selling on 3bay .

I may give up 3bay for a bit, as i have a lot of work to do at my real job :-)

Doing some pampering this week trying to do 5 mins a day of something like putting on hand cream lol trying to get into a routine.
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • MuffinTops
    • By MuffinTops 22nd Feb 18, 7:53 AM
    • 2,119 Posts
    • 6,416 Thanks
    MuffinTops
    It's great selling things online but such a bind with taking it all to the post office and proof of postage etc.

Yay to pampering. Even dipping into savings isn't so bad based on circumstances.

MTxx
    STARTING 2017:
    Credit Card Debt: 2,650.00!!!
    ======================
    Saving For a New Property
    Pot of Gold = All gone to the above
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 25th Feb 18, 4:08 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    Most stuff went to the Charity in the end. I have listed a 9 things on 3bay but only 1 looks like it will sell. :/

Big Bundle in post to Friend - so they are happy.

Big sort out here today . Lots of paperwork to destroy .

Have brought a cheap microwave - Value one which will do for a while also splurged on a new kettle.

Xx Sam
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 27th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    So pay day is here and all monies divided up. Savings back to normal.

Just trying to decide on 3baying some stuff ( again)

I have brought some clothes dye so I hope it doesn't go horribly wrong.
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 27th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    • 1,678 Posts
    • 10,054 Thanks
    redofromstart
    I always fancy trying some dye, let me know how you get on. I've used the back to black stuff which is good.
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 3rd Mar 18, 11:59 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    Hope everyone is good! Been stuck in so eating a lot but mainly in the hope to cure the lurgy I have recently acquired.

Using my expensive Foot cream - so feet are very well repaired so pleased about that . Trying to stick to a regime of hand cream, foot cream, face pack etc and all that malarkey.

Because of the snow I have a well stocked food cupboard which I will need to spend the next week eating up - so will need to meal plan for a bit. The shops where empty here (!!) which was shocking tbh.

Need to do another clear out and then make a definitive need list .

Still have so many beauty products to use up - Going to put an official ban of toiletries as gifts lol.
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 4th Mar 18, 4:12 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    All very organised here.

Banking done, Meal plan (although very wobbly ) has been created, Mothers day sorted - although must remember to get a stamp and post a card too.

I started a bit of swagbucking so not sure how that will pan out. Like the idea of actually being able to get some vouchers albeit I am not sure i have the staying power of getting to my first voucher.

Clean house here so one thing to mend and then on to the wardrobe I have not worked " real job" work today so I will have a lot to do next week to catch up.

Washing on the go and might just be good enough weather to get it out.

Back later with any updates and do some catching up on diaries.

Sam x
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 4th Mar 18, 4:25 PM
    • 3,025 Posts
    • 14,953 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Lately you have sounded so positive. Nice
    JANUARY 2016/SECURED DEBT=24,822/March 2018=0 DEBT FREE 23/03/18
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 5th Mar 18, 12:23 AM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    Lately you have sounded so positive. Nice
    Originally posted by doingitanyway
    It's cutting the day at work I'm sure so a lot less stressed, ill all the time but just have that "me" day so I think it really helps to take the pressure off.

I have managed to get some home things sorted/ repaired as well so suppose I have a tidy place, tidy mind type thing going on....

Plus I have been thinking what can i splurge on with the savings .. not that i did splurge but its good to think about splurging lol
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 5th Mar 18, 11:09 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    The Jeans dye arrived today ;-) let you know tomorrow if i have blue hands lol
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • abba1772
    • By abba1772 6th Mar 18, 7:59 AM
    • 4,734 Posts
    • 16,263 Thanks
    abba1772
    Good luck with the dye Sam xx
    NEXT TARGET HALIFAX CC WAS July 17 3572.57 NOW 983.26
    POAMAYC 2011 6382.66 POAMAYC 2012 5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 8000.90
    POAMAYC 2017 7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 4152.74
    • stvn1
    • By stvn1 6th Mar 18, 5:36 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    stvn1
    You've come such a long way. Well done. It must feel nice to have savings like that.
    LBM 26/10/17
    Total debt at LBM - 12164.49
    Total current debt - 3601.54
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 7th Mar 18, 12:07 AM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    Jeans a disaster - although wearable potentially hands not blue so something at least. might do a second round of dye if only to learn from my mistake.

Need to make a plan to better look after self.

Need to have a tidy up and look at what is in the food cupboards for stocks. Freezer very much empty now apart from some spicy wedges but who knows they could form part of this weeks meal plan.

Still have a lot of stuff - from god knows where - Thought about deleting the 3bay account app from phone actually so i don't buy anything.

So a to do list is on its way.

Get rid of washing machine
    Throw away the old handbag
    Build my burning bin / Fire bin and burn paperwork
    Sort out for selling if i can be bothered.

Keep up with the beauty cream regime a week in and i'm bored of that.

I have a mini break with friends end of the month so look forward to that.

Have a lot of work to do so hoping to get rid of the lurgy so I can crack on and get that out the way.

Thought about using dried milk as a saving an been thinking of other ways to save more.

Sam x
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 8th Mar 18, 11:27 AM
    • 1,678 Posts
    • 10,054 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Spicy wedges with a nice HM dip - yum!
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 8th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    Oh red - I never thought of that !! you are clever. I could even do a pulled pork mexican style thing. Suitably inspired lol thank you .

I NEED to start cooking more and looking after myself better so i think food will be my starting point.

Sam x
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 10th Mar 18, 1:19 AM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    I have had a major financial setback due to personal reasons relating to family.

So I need a SERIOUS re-budget, I am not in a position to go back to work full-time so I will need to tightly control my expenditure.

it's doable, but i'm gutted so back on the major scrimp now. I guess it was lucky I did the spending and fell of the wagon when i had the money :-)

I have been listening to motivational video's but I need a plan when I can think straight.

Here's to a good weekend for all.

Sam x
    Last edited by moneyonmymindsam; 10-03-2018 at 1:21 AM.
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 10th Mar 18, 12:39 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 4,280 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    Re-budget done last night and it very strict so am bit concerned about that.
    I am going ( i hope ) to clean and try and get some focus from somewhere. I feel incredibly down today so will do what i can to lift myself back up to where i need to be.

Not sure if I should start 3baying again although I currently have a complainer trying it on so that's put me right off

Lets see how today pans out.
    Emergency Fund Challenge
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,521Posts Today

9,041Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin