Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Comments

• Harley666
    Harley666 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 September 2018 at 10:03AM
    I too have had very bad dealings with this company don't be fooled into thinking that as you have cancelled the DD that is the end of the matter they went into my bank account twice and re-instated the direct debit to take money it was only when my bank alerted me to the fact that I was able to stop it -This Company has no scruples or ethics in how to conduct themselves This was only 4 days ago so please please check your bank
    stuco36 wrote: »
    So, our boiler stopped working and I wasn't too worried as we had a company called 247 Home Rescue on our side!!! I left endless answerphone messages.....was on hold for ages.....until it said at the very end, no one is here to take your call. If you know no one is there......why not put that at the start of a message. I have actually had £7.48 added to phone bill just because I was trying to contact this company....with no success (that waws just one phone call)! Plus.....they were not there when I needed them. It took two more days till I was actually able to get through to anyone. What a joke!!!! Like someone else said, they just outsource to other companies to get the job done. So this company is probably one person, not sitting at their desk as no one answers the phones....and just passes it on to someone else to deal with at a very cheap price. I ended up just going elsewhere and the issue was fixed in a couple of hours. I'm out!
  • _Anna_
    _Anna_ Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Dear all,
    I cancelled my contract with 24/7 HR, several days later they called me and told that I have to delete my reviews on Trustpilot, otherwise they will not be able to close my account. I told them that I will never delete my reviews; moreover, I have already reported them to Trading Standards, I shall report them to Watchdog and I will be looking for a legal advice about court action against them because they own me money I paid for the job that has never been done. They asked me how much I want. I told them that if they want to offer me money, they have to send me a letter or email and I will go to a legal adviser with their letter first. Anyway, I would like to encourage everyone here to write a review on Trustpilot. Please be aware that they report all negative reviews and you review will be suspended quickly. Just send an email to an admin in this case.
  • jhangrim
    jhangrim Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 September 2018 at 1:47PM
    {text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    My boiler broke. They wanted £75 before they would even come out. I paid thinking they would come out and fix it but no. Came out after 4 days and within 10 minutes the engineer left. I was later told that the repair would cost £700 so they refuse to fix it. {text removed by MSE Forum Team}AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
    They will NOT repair your boiler. Cover is not worth the paper it’s written on.

BE WARNED![/FONT]
  • Cartel123
    Cartel123 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 September 2018 at 1:48PM
    This Company has been my worst Nightmare. I had a pest issue in my loft. They took £75 telling me they will refund upon confirming that the problem was a current one. The engineer comes and tells me that the 'droppings were fresh' and this was a current problem. They declined to refund my deposit on the grounds that the problem has been there in the past. I HAVE NEVER LODGED A SINGLE CLAIM FOR 5 MONTHS since I got this policy.
    Second Hit - I can't cancel my policy even though it is a rolling contract - they seem to have some hidden clauses. They threatened me that they will refer me to the debt collectors if I cancel the rolling contract.
    Third Hit - I had a roof leak and they claim it is not covered while I took a complete cover.

PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS OF THIS COMPANY. {text removed by MSE Forum Team}
  • europa
    europa Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Unfortunately i feel the need to add my name to this list, in order to warn others about this company.

The service is appalling, they ignore cancellation emails, and they will do everything in their power to avoid insurance repairs. They even insisted i pay the 75£ old-boiler excess even though my boiler hasn't quite had its eleventh birthday yet!

STAY AWAY.
  • RogerPHP
    RogerPHP Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2018 at 10:01AM
    I've had 12 Months of disgraceful treatment by this so-called company. All of the issues described in the many posts going back years were experienced, inc £75 excess when 'no excess' was stated; failure to attend a breakdown for 5 days (''can't get an engineer'') despite their statement saying they would attend within 24 hours if anyone was aged 60 or over (me) and then sending a guy from 1 mile away who was ok but didn't have a clue who had employed him; telling me I could organise my own engineer! and stating all extra charges were 'at their discretion'. Culminated in my trying to cancel as they hadn't fulfilled their contract which was refused unless I paid £140. Finally did cancel at end of 12 month period giving 1 month notice and the following is a copy of events after I cancelled.

'This account was cancelled on 11th/12th April by phone, giving 1 month notice. Last payment made 2/5/2017 by DD and then DD cancelled. Contacted you on 4/5/2017 at 11:13 by phone and cancellation confirmed. Contract expiry was 16/05/2017. Check your records.
    I have now received 4 (Four) threatening texts and one call from 01254460054 telling me I am in arrears and you are transferring the matter. You do not answer my return calls.
    I now give notice that if you continue I will place this with Trading Standards and my Solicitor and will seek damages for harassment.'

Throughout my contact with them (when I could get through) they were unhelpful and curt. Be warned and do not go near this company. {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} only want your money and will acquire as much of it as they can from new and unwitting customers until you can finally remove yourself........
  • Manju_thapa
    Manju_thapa Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 September 2018 at 2:00PM
    After reading many unhappy post about 24/7, I have posted my letter to them which was sent in October 2016 and still waiting for reply. Letter is below:
    27 October 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,
    complaints@247homerescue.co.uk
    I would like to make complain about your service. Since I made claim first time to fix boiler, an engineer named Mike came and remove some part of boiler, checked gas supply on pipe and said motherboard need replacing and he will report this to you in order to order parts. I called your office and i was told I must pay £245 for boiler parts, when I disagreed to pay and tried to cancelled my subscription, I was told you will charged me one year’s subscription fee plus cancellation charge, which would come as higher than paying £245. I was also told by your staff that if I pay £245 Ideal engineer will come to fix problem and will guarantee that boiler will run for next 5 year or they wont touch boiler and give all money back. I agreed to pay £245 extra on top of monthly free. Engine who came first put all part back together and gone but we started to smell gas. We ignored thinking this may be just boiler. In few days time smell of gas increased and I called your office and lady I was talking to advised me that I must call national grid which I did. Engineer from national grid came and found gas leaks under boiler and has switched off and capped gas mater and gone. I called your office again and I was advised that I must wait until Ideal boiler engineer to come and everything will be fine. When I asked when this will happened, I was told engineer coming tomorrow between 12 and 6 PM. Next day lady called me again around 11 AM to say that engineer is on the way. I was happy. But by afternoon ideal boiler company called and said engineer will come in one week time which was next Thursday. I told ideal lady who called that I am expecting engineer today she said that is not going to happend. When I told her 247 homerescue lady told me about engineer coming today, ideal boiler lady said that is {text removed by MSE Forum Team} because 347 homerescue do not have access to idea boiler appointment diary. I had no choice than to wait for another week.

After waiting week, idea boiler engineer named Ian finally arrived; he changed part and fixed leaks. Everything was up and running including hot water, heating and gas cooker. Engineer left, we started boiler to keep house warm, after around 45 minutes later boiler stop working. This time boiler did not have light. It looks electricity supply is cut off. I called 247 home rescues again, they asked me to changed fuse in plug, and asked me to do many things such as press reset button, see what error code is in display, try to turn off and on, also tried to change temperature from thermostats, see if main’s fuse box is down etc like if I am myself boiler engineer myself. I tried my best to do what they said and I also told them boiler does not have power supply so there would be no display, no reset button would work. They told me that idea boiler’s problem and they will speak to them for engineer’s assignment and will let me know. Next day lady called me and said boiler engineer will come between 1 PM and 6 PM, I told her that you don’t have access to idea boiler’s diary how can you tell me engineer coming today? I reminded her that last time she told me same thing and next day ideal boiler Company called me to give me appointment for one week later. But your staff insisted that actually Ideal boiler told her to tell me that engineer is on the way. I trusted her. But again in few hours time idea boiler lady called me to tell me Boiler Engineer will come on Thursday 27 October 2016 and engineer will on same day for exact time. I had no choice than to wait for given date.

This morning Ideal Boiler engineer named Gavin called me and told me he will visit my house between 1 and 3 PM, I had mix reaction, happy and nervous. Unless engineer come and fix problem, I would not believe if I will have heating and hot water today. But around 12.30 PM Idea boiler company called me and said 247 home rescue has cancelled today’s appointment and advised me to contact 247homerescue to find out why. I called your office today around 1.45 PM and spoke to guy called Atim and he assured me not to listen to anyone and assured me that engineer is on the way and definitely will come today before 6 PM. Time now is 2.45 PM and I do not believe that engineer will in fact come today. Mr Atim also told me he will call me to let me know if some reason engineer won’t come. To give a benefit of doubt, I am waiting {text removed by MSE Forum Team} . I wish to be proven wrong for sake of children living in the house however hope is fading hence this complain. To let you know this is my first official complains I have ever made. I am a person with big patience and do understand what things may not work exactly the way it said however 247 home rescue has gone against humanity, trade and business ethics to full fill their greed to make money.

{text removed by MSE Forum Team} I would not be able to cancel my membership without paying hefty cost. On the top of £204 for one year fee, I paid £245 extra already and still no hot water, no heating. I have three children of my own aged between 2 and 8, on the top my cousin’s has two children aged between 2 and 5 and on the top my mother is 76 year old and we all are left to die in this winter by 247 home rescue’s {text removed by MSE Forum Team} .

16 June 2017

Today, I called them again because my water pipe burst under the floor; I can only hear big water sound coming from under floor and my carpet started to get wet. But guy who was taking my claim said I have to pay £70. I told him I am already paying £16.99 a month for service; he said system is telling him to take £70 from me before sending engineer. It reminded me what happened last time, how I ended up paying £245 and still paying £16.99 per month, and told guy not to record claim and let me call independent plumber and I told him to disconnect me and take another victim’s call.
  • I called 24/7 out because my tenants boiler broke down, the boiler had been serviced less than a month earlier , I had to pay £60 for the service, which took the engineer about 10mins. After the service hot water was delayed. The boiler then broke down less than a month after the service was done.
    I called the company and another engineer came and turned the tap on and then left, the engineer didn't even have a look at the boiler, the engineer had to be paid £75 for callout! They claimed that the engineer who didn't even look at the boiler told them that the 'boiler was beyond economical repair and They wanted me to pay £250 before they would repair the boiler. The company then cancelled my cover without even informing me because they say that it would be uneconomical to repair the boiler. I only found out that they had cancelled my cover when I called 247 about a missed call from them lasting all of 2 rings. They also didn't have the basic decency to refund the callout charge!!! The customer service personnel were extremely unhelpful and rude. The engineers they have must either be unqualified or incompetent. This was the worst experience of my life, one I wouldn't wish on anyone. Avoid 24/7 at all cost!!! Do not fall for their adverts which claim discounts for anything and everything, I was misled by their adverts but their service truly shocking and utterly disgusting!!!
  • alibee23
    alibee23 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 11 September 2018 at 12:59PM
    {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} I decided to take them to the small claims court for breach of contract and have been succsessful in recovering the cost of a boiler repair that they flatly refused to honour under their specified terms and conditions. Don`t be bullied by them. For a small fee I represented myself against a qualified barrister and won the day.I am now off to celebrate, and feel happy in the knowledge that not only has it cost them double the amount of what the repair would have cost, but more to the point their tactics of refusing to abide by the letter of the law will not get past a decent judge.Sue them and you will win.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    alibee23 wrote: »
    Hi to all those people who have been a victim of this rip off company, take heart. I decided to take them to the small claims court for breach of contract and have been succsessful in recovering the cost of a boiler repair that they flatly refused to honour under their specified terms and conditions. Don`t be bullied by them. For a small fee I represented myself against a qualified barrister and won the day.I am now off to celebrate, and feel happy in the knowledge that not only has it cost them double the amount of what the repair would have cost, but more to the point their tactics of refusing to abide by the letter of the law will not get past a decent judge.Sue them and you will win.

Well done.
    They are stubborn and hopefully they will have learnt something here.
    They don't like being told what to do though, they are bullies.

Would it be possible to post the court details?
    That would give confidence to others.

Thanks though, you have made my weekend.

Welcome to MSE too.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback