Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Freezing
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    • 26th Dec 14, 10:26 PM
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue 26th Dec 14 at 10:26 PM
    Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!
Page 24
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 2nd Feb 19, 5:49 AM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 954 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    It would be rather silly for any organisation to do that.
    Advance notice is a requirement of the Direct Debit Scheme. Where it has been failed to be complied with, the customer may demand full and immediate reimbursement by their own bank.
    That would leave the organisation not only without the increase, but without the payment entirely.

Continued abuse of the DD scheme may result in the organisation's sponsor withdrawing their support, preventing the organisation from operating a DD scheme at all.

But then I'm sure you knew all that, and you were just asking a rhetorical question
    Originally posted by wavelets

I know what I read on here and on Trustpilot. Are you suggesting theses reviews are fake and not true?

Well that did not take long...........pop over to TP and have a read from Christine.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 02-02-2019 at 5:56 AM.
    • JeanSH
    • By JeanSH 4th Feb 19, 5:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JeanSH
    I have just experienced the same, today, awful company would advise anyone to steer clear
    Last edited by JeanSH; 04-02-2019 at 5:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
    • JeanSH
    • By JeanSH 4th Feb 19, 5:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JeanSH
    Jean Sh,
    I have experienced exactly the same today, rubbish service, from answering their phones,
    Shouldn't be in business, these people are having joke, at others expense
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 5th Feb 19, 11:20 AM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 954 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    It would be rather silly for any organisation to do that.
    Advance notice is a requirement of the Direct Debit Scheme. Where it has been failed to be complied with, the customer may demand full and immediate reimbursement by their own bank.
    That would leave the organisation not only without the increase, but without the payment entirely.

Continued abuse of the DD scheme may result in the organisation's sponsor withdrawing their support, preventing the organisation from operating a DD scheme at all.

But then I'm sure you knew all that, and you were just asking a rhetorical question
    Originally posted by wavelets

Well, did you go to that review. Here is another one?

Go read michelle kirstein review. I think we can conclude what is silly and what's rhetorical.
    • 247homerescue
      Verified User verified user
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 6th Feb 19, 4:21 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    I have experienced exactly the same today, rubbish service, from answering their phones,
    Shouldn't be in business, these people are having joke, at others expense
    Originally posted by JeanSH
    Dear Jean,
    We are sorry to hear that your experience with 24|7 Home Rescue has not been to your satisfaction. Please contact us at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk to provide further information so we may assist you with your issue.
    Regards
    24|7 Social Media Team
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
    • echoes007
    • By echoes007 7th Feb 19, 4:09 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    echoes007
    This is in response to 247 reply.
    To 247 staff - Save your BER definition for court case. Your BER policy is a joke and not and industry standard. I have recently studied BER policies of all your competitors. Your BER policy is your business model, you take money and not provide the service. Thats how you make your money You have several other tactics that will be classed dubious in anyone's book. I am taking you to court.

In the meantime anyone with little bit of sense, do your homework before you part with your money. I would be worth paying some other company like British gas twice or three times as much than pay 247 as your money will just go down the drain with 247. Don't fall for silly reviews on Trustpilot for this company.
    • echoes007
    • By echoes007 7th Feb 19, 4:16 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    echoes007
    All those who are still thinking of taking out the policy with 247 remember they will ignore your complaint emails/letters etc. Only way you can complain is using a online portal link that they provide, which has a 1500 words limit. If you are lucky to speak to some "customer service" staff they can't get their manager on the phone. They can't forward your complaint to complaints department either. They can't deal with your complaint either. Which means that you could be looking at several weeks before their complaints department fob you off by email. What would you do without a working boiler in the middle of a winter for all that time.

You would be wasting your money. If you need service pay anyone else. Do you own research. Swinton, British gas, Domestic and General or anyone else other than 247.
    • echoes007
    • By echoes007 7th Feb 19, 4:24 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    echoes007
    Just in case anyone wants to understand BER scam. You pay 247 for boiler cover. If boiler breaks down you call them under the service agreement.

This is what happens. They will send an engineer. In all probability engineer will misdiagnose and tell you that it requires this part and that part (including the main PCB ) . They will then write to you to say that all these parts cost more than their BER limit (which is another joke and story for another day).

If you then pay your local engineer you will invariably find that 247 engineer had misdiagnosed the fault and your boiler never needed such expensive parts in first place.

Now you have two options. Forget about it (lose the money paid to 247 and local engineer) or fight it out with 247. Either way you are not going to win as its going to cost you time, money and effort.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask here.
    • Annie23J
    • By Annie23J 7th Feb 19, 6:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Annie23J
    I just want to add the experience I have had with this company. Extremely unhelpul, rude and unprofessional customer service. [please do not join this company.
    If anything, it has caused me so much distress in last 5 days with a disabled parent and young children at home that I might have developed hypertension. I am not going to be specific here because everything was bad and it is just going to make me feel worst repeating the whole traumatic experience. The worst I have ever experienced with any other company. I just wanted to leave my feedback here so nobody else has to suffer like I did.
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 11th Feb 19, 12:33 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    I just want to add the experience I have had with this company. Extremely unhelpul, rude and unprofessional customer service. [please do not join this company.
    If anything, it has caused me so much distress in last 5 days with a disabled parent and young children at home that I might have developed hypertension. I am not going to be specific here because everything was bad and it is just going to make me feel worst repeating the whole traumatic experience. The worst I have ever experienced with any other company. I just wanted to leave my feedback here so nobody else has to suffer like I did.
    Originally posted by Annie23J
    Dear Customer,
    We are sorry to hear that you have been left dissatisfied with the service provided by us. We at 247 Home Rescue strive to ensure a pleasant customer experience under all circumstances. If you wish to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to contact us directly at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk.

Regards,

247 Social Media Team
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 11th Feb 19, 12:43 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Horrible company
    My boiler has been pronounced as BER or beyond economical repair. My £15 a month (which is not an insurance but a service and so no ombudsman) gives me £215 worth of cover. If the claim exceeds this I get nothing. My recent claim for a leaking part comes to £280 so I get towards this £0
    This is all clearly laid out in the terms and conditions that I agreed too of course, except that it completely obfuscated.
    The law adds to this the term “reasonable”. Unfortunately I do not have the means to contest these terms and conditions and this company knows it.
    They are also trying to flog new boiler refits as well with lots of pressure lies about safety reliability etc
    Mr Lewis. Please name and shame these people
    Originally posted by MrGuitarTeacher.com
    Dear MrGuitarTeacher.com,

We are sorry to hear that you have been left feeling dissatisfied with the service provided by us. As has been previously addressed in your complaint, all of our terms and conditions are clearly laid out, explained in full at the initiation of your service agreement and are available to be viewed online by yourself at any opportunity. If you should wish to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to contact us directly at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards,

247 Social Media team
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    • marktyerman
    • By marktyerman 11th Feb 19, 6:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marktyerman
    24/7 Are by far the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of connecting with.

So far I have not had Heating and Hot water for a week , call out 1 which was at my expense (excess £45) was for the engineer to wrongly diagnose the PCB board in my bolier as faulty and the need for a new one. Turns our fuse had gone and tripped electricity to Boiler , so without electricity , guess what the PCB doesnt work , once power restored with the flick of the switch all good. by this time the engineer had left and I had coughed up £117 for a new PCB. Call out 2 Engineer arrives and agrees that PCB is actually completely fine. Begins to drain system to repair Hot Water pump but claims system has "sludge" in it and will need to replace pipes so cant complete or start job until pipes are available. Arranges to come back the next working day to complete the job. Another day off (3rd) and no sign of any engineer , after investigation turns out hes been sent to other jobs today , no communication to me at all if my work will be completed today as promised. After several frustrating calls later where 24/7 couldnt care less about me I get a random text to tell me the Engineer is now coming tomorrow , another day off work , they dont care if I loose my job or not , it means nothing to them.
    So no communication , ive called them at least 10 times today , spoke to a different person each time who doesnt care , Ive emailed them , no reply , they promised to call me back , of course they havent !. Yet I still have the challenge of getting a refund let alone the actual work being done satisfactorily.
    This is an ongoing saga , might need to educate this company about customer service because clearly they dont understand the word "service" even though its in theiir own title !!
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 18th Feb 19, 9:41 AM
    • 100 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear Marktyerman,

We're sorry to hear that you feel the services provided by 24/7 Home Rescue are not satisfactory. So we can investigate this matter further, please contact us via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk with the relevant details including your policy reference.

Once you've sent the email, we will personally look into this case for you.

Regards,
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 19th Feb 19, 11:55 AM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 954 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Dear Marktyerman,

We're sorry to hear that you feel the services provided by 24/7 Home Rescue are not satisfactory. So we can investigate this matter further, please contact us via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk with the relevant details including your policy reference.

Once you've sent the email, we will personally look into this case for you.

Regards,
    Originally posted by 247homerescue
    I notice you are still giving free months cover to leave 5 stars reviews on Trustpilot. Days after they have just signed up with little to no experience of your service.
    • echoes007
    • By echoes007 4th Mar 19, 1:58 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    echoes007
    247 home rescue scam - I hope Martin Lewis can help us get the justice
    247 home rescue scam - I hope Martin Lewis can help us get the justice or at least save others from making the same mistake. This is nothing but a scam and it beggars belief that this can happen in this country in this day and age.

Dear MSE team. please please help us. I am willing to give all the details that you need about this this scam works. Can provide all the evidence that you need.

Please help.
    • echoes007
    • By echoes007 4th Mar 19, 2:01 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    echoes007
    reply to scam merchants at 247 home rescue.
    On one hand you are asking people to contact you by socialmedia email address but when we try to complain (only way we can do that is via your complaints portal) first thing you do is ask us to sign an agreement to say we are not allowed to publish anything on social media. Why don't you answer here about your BER scam.
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 5th Mar 19, 3:51 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Coinciding with any BER diagnosis is a written breakdown issued to the customer in question which provides an exact formulae relating to their specific case.

Any customer on the receiving end of such a diagnosis is made fully aware of the alternate options available to them in terms of moving forward. We continue to operate by a system of total and utter transparency and strongly refute any comments that state otherwise.

247 Social media team
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 5th Mar 19, 7:48 PM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 954 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Coinciding with any BER diagnosis is a written breakdown issued to the customer in question which provides an exact formulae relating to their specific case.

Any customer on the receiving end of such a diagnosis is made fully aware of the alternate options available to them in terms of moving forward. We continue to operate by a system of total and utter transparency and strongly refute any comments that state otherwise.

247 Social media team
    Originally posted by 247homerescue

More weasel words. Any decent transparent company does not need to constantly refer customers to their T&Cs.

Btw we don't care what you refute. We are here to tell our experiences. Something you will learn to accept.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 05-03-2019 at 7:51 PM.
    • GasEngineer
    • By GasEngineer 7th Mar 19, 4:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    GasEngineer
    They do exactly the same thing to their engineers.... rip off company and I should know !!
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 7th Mar 19, 4:04 PM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 954 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    They do exactly the same thing to their engineers.... rip off company and I should know !!
    Originally posted by GasEngineer

Please lets hear the other side?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,283Posts Today

7,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Now come on that's a bit unfair!!!!! I could've done a handstand (well headstand) first if you'd asked! Sheesh! https://t.co/01Pf9Z99B1

• It isn't statistically representative true. But to say that tells us nothing isn't correct. It shows what people i? https://t.co/JBLu6Cd8a5

• Very interesting that on my Facebook page (which tends to be more pro Brexit) the same vote, with similar number of? https://t.co/NgYxaQDCnr

• Follow Martin