Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Freezing
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    • 26th Dec 14, 10:26 PM
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue 26th Dec 14 at 10:26 PM
    Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!
Page 19
    • Philip13
    • By Philip13 6th Apr 18, 12:44 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Philip13
    If you are still having a problem
    This company are flooding Twitter with their 'satisfied customer' threads. If you are still having a problem with them, then you may wish to comment on one of their threads.

I will certainly be commenting. I hope you will as well.
    • skid112
    • By skid112 7th Apr 18, 7:40 AM
    • 289 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    skid112
    Terrible company
    First year no issue, I even left a positive review on trust pilot, no I didn't get a month free, second year couldn't arrange a service without the contract being auto renewed due to dates so I gave notice. Cancelled dd thinking that's it.
    So then they write a threatening email saying I owe 144 for having a service and giving no cancellation. Provide evidence they back down, but trying to raise a complaint, their process bars public forums, social media comments until the complaint has been looked at by them. I don't believe this is allowed
    • Oldman
    • By Oldman 7th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Oldman
    I posted a comment on this forum, in Spetmeber last year. This was to report how poor the engineering standard that 24x7 used. I eventually cancelled the contract as I deemed they were in Breach of Contract for not supplying a fully trained competant engineer, instead of an egocentric person more interested in the time it took to get to the call than servicing my boiler.
    I have now received this email:-
    --------------
    Our records indicate you have cancelled your policy WS0102156 before completing the minimum term. As a result of this you are now subject to a cancellation fee of £144.00 Inc. VAT as highlighted in the terms and conditions of the contract you entered in too;
    If you cancel outside the cancellation period and have made an accepted claim or have had an engineerís attendance (e.g. boiler service) you will be subject to a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee repayable is £120 excluding VAT (£144.00.)
    Please respond to this e-mail or call 01254460054 in order to resolve this issue urgently and avoid any further charges.
    Regards

Billing Team

----------------
    Bearing in mind the cost of callout for a competant person of over £100, I find this outrageous

DO NOT USE THESE CLOWNS
    • Oldman
    • By Oldman 9th Apr 18, 2:36 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Oldman
    Well if that dont beat all. After my strongly worded rebuttable to their unsolcited request for money. I received this response:-

Thank you for your response,

We have taken the time to review your account. We can confirm that after doing so there is no cancellation fee present. As a result of this we have cancelled your policy and your balance is £0

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Customer Care Team

Tel: 0345 3192 247

www.247homerescue.co.uk

-----------------
    Still no name, but it appears that the strangely named Billing Team, not sure if thats Mr or Mrs or Miss or MS Team, is now called Customer Care Team. Wonderful company to avoid doing any business with! (sorry for the grammar)

• scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 10th Apr 18, 2:47 PM
    • 915 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Well if that dont beat all. After my strongly worded rebuttable to their unsolcited request for money. I received this response:-

Thank you for your response,

We have taken the time to review your account. We can confirm that after doing so there is no cancellation fee present. As a result of this we have cancelled your policy and your balance is £0

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Customer Care Team

Tel: 0345 3192 247

www.247homerescue.co.uk

-----------------
    Still no name, but it appears that the strangely named Billing Team, not sure if thats Mr or Mrs or Miss or MS Team, is now called Customer Care Team. Wonderful company to avoid doing any business with! (sorry for the grammar)

Originally posted by Oldman
    These scammers seem to be making this mistake a lot lately. I suppose some people will just get frightened and pay!!
    • 247homerescue
      Verified User verified user
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 11th Apr 18, 10:13 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear Hayley

The circumstances of your complaint have been addressed very carefully and examined. A full explanation has been provided to you. I set out for clarity the position:-

1. Your boiler was serviced in accordance with Gas safe Regulations by a qualified and competent engineer. You were provided with the relevant Gas Safe Certificate. At no stage did you raise any issue with the standard of the service or any perceived defect by the engineer.

2. 6 weeks later you made a claim under your agreement. You indicated at this point that it was your view that the engineer who attended at the service caused the defect. You suggested initially that this was deliberate and then changed your mind to state it was negligent. You were advised properly that there was no evidence at all of your assertions and if you were making these allegations corroborative evidence would be required.

At this stage 247 interviewed the relevant engineer who rejected these assertions.

3. You decided to complete the repair yourself and contacted the customer services helpline. You spoke to an adviser and indicated that you had repaired the defect and expected 247 to pay for the repair. The customer service representative indicated that you should send the invoice to the Complaints department who would look into this matter. At no stage were you offered a reimbursement. The person you spoke to does not have the authority to refund any amounts this has to be passed to higher management as it was.

As part of the investigation process the customer service representative was spoken to and clearly rejects any suggestion that she promised a refund. Further the contemporaneous notes of the conversation have been considered and sent to you which do not confirm and indeed conflict with your account.

4. Your complaint was escalated to the legal department and you were spoken to in length by Mr Hakeem Ali. Mr Ali raised the issues as stated above and quite fairly said to you that if you were able to adduce evidence from your engineer to confirm that the defect was caused at the service he would review the position.

I note at this stage you refused to co-operate further and raised the issue of legal representation.

5. I understand you have made a Subject Access Request which will be dealt with by the company. I would reiterate to you as you are alleging impropriety/negligence it is upon you to establish this quite simply if your instructed engineer can confirm to the requisite standard that the 247 engineer was at fault this matter will be reviewed. As stated by Mr Ali if you refuse to or are unable to provide this information the decision of the company stands.

I hope the above is clear for you. Please provide what has been requested and we can resolve this matter.

247 Management
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 11th Apr 18, 11:07 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Thank you for your review

I can confirm we had a glitch in our system and this sent out emails that where not intended for certain customers.
    I apologise for this error and as we have highlighted to yourself we will not be charging you a cancellation fee.

Kind regards

247 home Rescue
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 11th Apr 18, 11:10 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue

I can confirm we had a glitch in our system and this sent out emails that where not intended for certain customers.
    I apologise for this error and as we have highlighted to yourself we will not be charging you a cancellation fee.

Kind regards

247 home Rescue
    Verified Company
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 13th Apr 18, 6:29 AM
    • 915 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Get a load of the latest con from theses scammers........

Taken from TrustPilot.

Saurav

This company makes you sign a disclosure that you can't post regarding your complaint on social media. If you refuse then you can't make a complaint to them.

Was told to send my complaint by email. Did so, then got another email asking me to send it on a form online or they'll ignore it.

All they do is mislead. I have over ten policies with these and I'll be cancelling them all if they don't sort out my issue.

A all-time low!!
    • jk0
    • By jk0 13th Apr 18, 1:03 PM
    • 2,438 Posts
    • 25,410 Thanks
    jk0

Kind regards

247 home Rescue
    Originally posted by 247homerescue
    Looks like Hakeem Ali is back here again. Did Lauren quit in disgust?
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 13th Apr 18, 1:20 PM
    • 915 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Looks like Hakeem Ali is back here again. Did Lauren quit in disgust?
    Originally posted by jk0

I think she sold her nan and used the money to go travelling!
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 14th Apr 18, 3:39 PM
    • 12,421 Posts
    • 16,777 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Thank you for Review. we are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service that was provided, In regards to this can you please email our complaint team at 24/7 home rescue with you reference number and a brief description and we will be more then happy to look into this for you and try resolve the issues that you have raised.

24/7 home rescue
    Is there a reason you are repeating the same post??
    Originally posted by scd3scd4
    With the same grammatical errors I noticed, please see corrections below 24/7 home rescue (corrections highlighted):

Thank you for your Review. w We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service that was provided,. In regards to this, can you please email our complaint team at 24/7 home rescue with your reference number and a brief description and we will be more then than happy to look into this for you and try resolve the issues that you have raised.

24/7 home rescue
    Now, where do I send my invoice to?

And if anyone else notices errors that I've missed, where can they send their invoice(s) to?

And their posts all read like a copy & paste template (Canned Response in Google Mail).
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • suky71
    • By suky71 16th Apr 18, 5:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    suky71
    Steer well clear ...
    Took out a policy with these scamsters in December 2017. In April 2018 tried to make a claim as my heating was churning out boiling (scaldingt) water was told this is not covered !!! I have had many policies with British Gas and Homeserve never had this kind of issue previously.

Stay well clear pay the extra and get proper cover as more than likely you will not be covered in the event of a fault or partial or even full breakdown. This company will try their best to worm their way out of fixing and or even sending an engineer out.
    Pay the extra and get proper cover not some cowboys with opt out clauses . YOU'VE BEEN WARNED .. STEER CLEAR FROM THIS COMPANY ...
    • mpat
    • By mpat 18th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    mpat
    It has been months and I haven't had the resolution of my demand to refund back my excess and also the money I spent (elsewhere) to get the boiler repaired. This is after their engineer verbally informed my tenant that 'he's sorted out the issue'; but for some strange reason forgot to mention in his report.

So far, there have been tens of emails back and forth - from their front desk and also with Mr H. There have also been the social media agents (from Facebook and from here), who have initially taken this case as 'let me look into this' and then ditched me cold and square in the middle of nothing. From what I conclude, they are just here to waste my time. They have all gone quiet on me, in the end.

1) Does anybody know what further option have I got in the matters of going down legal route ? What process do I need to follow ? Who do I need to speak to (Watchdog ? Trading Standards? Ombudsman?)
    2) I do have a Legal-Advice+Costs covered under my landlord's insurance. Has anybody got any experience they want to share regarding the legal route + expenses covered ??

Regards.
    • jk0
    • By jk0 18th Apr 18, 6:49 PM
    • 2,438 Posts
    • 25,410 Thanks
    jk0
    Small claims court mate... Letter before action first on paper & sent by post. See my posts above about 24/7's name & address for service.
    • vindaloo
    • By vindaloo 22nd Apr 18, 12:37 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    vindaloo
    Just added my name to the list of disgruntled customers of this outfit. Had my boiler serviced earlier in April, engineer discovered a fault and said he would get the parts ordered and be back in touch, he left without providing me with a service report, fault report or gas safe certificate. Expected them to contact me regarding repair date but about a week later received an e-mail referring to 'our previous conversation' (there hadn't been one) informing me that 'remedial work' was outside the scope of my agreement. I rang to complain that it was not remedial work but a fault, obviously got nowhere and asked for a Manager to telephone me, yes you guessed it no phone call.
    I subsequently read all the adverse comments on here and all over the internet and decided to cut my losses and cancel the contract and my direct t debit. Two weeks on and I have had the expected phone call demanding money as I was informed I couldn't cancel because I had a service.
    I fully expect them to try and reinstall the direct debit and attempt to take the money, but I'm determined these scam artists will not get the better of me.
    Last edited by vindaloo; 22-04-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 24th Apr 18, 10:46 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear Vindaloo

Thank you for your review. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with promptly and the areas of your complaints are investigated, please would you be kind enough to contact me via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 24th Apr 18, 11:02 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear mpat

Thank you for the information you have provided on this forum. Apologies that you have not heard anything further. So that we are able to investigate this matter as soon as possible, please can you contact me on socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Please provide me with your full name, ref number, when and with whom this matter was raised with.

I look forward to your response.

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 24th Apr 18, 11:23 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Dear suky71

Thank you for the information you have provided. When signing up with 24/7 Home Rescue we by law clearly highlight what is covered as part of your service agreement with us in the terms and conditions.

Unfortunately I am unable to clarify why your claim was declined as I have not been able to consider your account.

Please can you contact me at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk please provide me with your full name, contract number and we can engage in this matter further.

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    • vindaloo
    • By vindaloo 24th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    vindaloo
    Dear Vindaloo

Thank you for your review. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with promptly and the areas of your complaints are investigated, please would you be kind enough to contact me via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Thank you for reply Lauren, but I have no desire to email you as I have made my position clear to your company via email and subsequent letter. I have cancelled my agreement and direct debit and just want to put the experience behind me, I have arranged for the repair to be carried out by a local plumber.
    It would be nice to have confirmation that the contract is finished and I will not be harassed for further charges. Contract number WS0104329.
    Regards
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

183Posts Today

1,250Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin