Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Freezing
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    • 26th Dec 14, 10:26 PM
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue 26th Dec 14 at 10:26 PM
    Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!
Page 17
    • 247homerescue
      Verified User verified user
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 9th Mar 18, 10:29 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    [I]
    I wish Iíd read these comments before we signed up with this firm for boiler breakdown and service. Apparently We canít just stop paying the monthly payments we would have to pay £144 to cancel as we have had our boiler serviced! What a con. We rang for a service as our boiler which is a Worcester Bosch and 5 years old was needing to be topped up frequently. Meanwhile last week it stopped working altogether. The Ďengineerí came to look, poured boiling water on the pipes, kicked them breaking a bracket. He then told us a load of lies and supposedly ordered some parts to be fitted when the service is carried out next week. Next day we had @ phon3 call telling us it was a very big job that would take Ďmany man hoursí and we would have to pay £320 to have the W.B engineer to come out. We were told the boiler would have to come off the wall to repair it that was why it was that price in fact the true price was £550! We were told it was a design fault with this model! A few days later the WB engineer came replaced a valve (less than £20) recharged the expansion vessel and re set the combustion. It took less than an hour. We were told by 247 we are not due a refund, the cost to repair was more than 60% of the value of a replacement boiler. We also had a phone call to book us in for a service next week and they tried to sell us £85 worth of inhibitor. If this isnít done w3 wonít be covered for call out repairs! I said I want to cancel I was told I canít without paying £144 as I had already had a service!!! AVOID THIS FIRM LIKE THE PLAGUE. I hope Rogue traders take up the story
    We intend to do everything we can to get a refund.
    Originally posted by Pandy048
    Hi

We offer an inhibitor at a discounted price when being fit at the same time as a boiler service or a call out for a repair. This price is £40 not £85 and is just a recommendation not a necessity. If you chose not to go ahead with the inhibitor you are still covered.

Could you please let me know your reference number and then i can have a look at your account to see the reason the manufacturer repair was advised.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 9th Mar 18, 6:16 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Based in the legal and compliance department, my role is to fairly review all matters which our customers bring to our attention.
    Originally posted by 247homerescue

Judging by this site, your department is not doing to good!

Your response is to nearly always blame the customer!
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 09-03-2018 at 7:50 PM.
    • mikep72
    • By mikep72 9th Mar 18, 8:22 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    mikep72
    Yep. Still no one has been in touch after 2 weeks now and countless posts on here.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 9th Mar 18, 8:29 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Yep. Still no one has been in touch after 2 weeks now and countless posts on here.
    Originally posted by mikep72

Mike.............I think that's just what they do, But we are all getting wise to the scams now!!
    • BJROSS
    • By BJROSS 10th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BJROSS
    I have been totally scammed by this company. Story too long to go into but here is the shortened version, didn't turn up to carry out an annual service; when boiler broke down 2 weeks later they said it was beyond economical repair after an engineer was here for 5 minutes; they haven't returned phone calls; haven't responded to emails. I cancelled the policy and they had a cheek to reissue a mandate to my bank to reinstate the direct debit! My bank has refunded me. Stay well away from them!
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 10th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Get a load of the latest on TP.

VTYAGI

10/3/18

Unacceptable customer service, deliberately misleading sales process along with misleading cover

Took zero excess cover for boiler and at the time of the purchase was confirmed that I would not be paying anything in case of an issue/claim. I also enquired about the cover and was told this was a rolling contract (as advertised) and could be cancelled any time. I provided all details of boiler age etc. at the time of the purchase. When I did have an issue that needed attending, I was told this can only be done after payment of £75 due to age of boiler - not raised/told at the time of the purchase of cover. Engineer visited and said he could not fix the boiler then and would inform the claims team who would contact me. Claims team call me and say the boiler is beyond economic repair but they can help with a no obligation £240 fixed fee repair through the manufacturer. In need of urgent repair in the midst of coldest February in two decades and with an infant and above 60 residents, I paid the money and got them to pass the repair to the manufacturer. The manufacturer engineer comes but says he doesn't have the required part - says he was not provided any information on the types or parts/work required. This further delays the repair. The manufacturer engineer does the fix in another visit but the boiler starts leaking afterwards. I call the manufacturer but am told, I can only log an issue through 247 - so I go through the same process of going to 247 homerescue, them passing the case to manufacturer which takes another 2-3 days. The boiler gets fixed in about 8 days after the initial complaint and after having to chase 247 homerescue many times.

I raise the issue with the complaints department only to be told they provided a no obligation service as the boiler was beyond economic repair and they close the complaint without any feedback on other issues I raised as above. Now I want to cancel my contract with them and am told I can't because I have made a claim and will need to pay £120 minimum for cancellation. All misleading and unfair sales tactics with the worst customer service I have experienced of all insurance covers I have had in the past.

I have paid now £75+£240 and told to pay cancellation charge which is completely unfair and based on misleading sales tactics - no upfront disclosure of key commercial/cancellation terms (all hidden in detailed T&Cs). Also waiting on full details of the work undertaken in the receipt of the payments made above (have chased multiple times but still waiting)..

Avoid unless you have no other option.

Hang about and you will hear Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue come out with the normal drivel blaming the customer.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 10-03-2018 at 10:51 PM.
    • mikep72
    • By mikep72 10th Mar 18, 9:13 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    mikep72
    Has anyone actually had their Boiler breakdown repaired without having to pay extra? They have also bumped my monthly payment up to £24 without informing me.
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 12th Mar 18, 11:16 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    I have been totally scammed by this company. Story too long to go into but here is the shortened version, didn't turn up to carry out an annual service; when boiler broke down 2 weeks later they said it was beyond economical repair after an engineer was here for 5 minutes; they haven't returned phone calls; haven't responded to emails. I cancelled the policy and they had a cheek to reissue a mandate to my bank to reinstate the direct debit! My bank has refunded me. Stay well away from them!
    Originally posted by BJROSS
    Hi BJROSS

Could you email me at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk with your reference number so that i can look into this for you.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • mikep72
    • By mikep72 12th Mar 18, 3:31 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    mikep72
    Hi BJROSS

Could you email me at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk with your reference number so that i can look into this for you.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Don't hold your breath. 17 days since my first complaint and still no response at all!
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 12th Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Hi BJROSS

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue

This is just what they reply on here to give an impression they are dealing with complaints, it's all part of the smoke and mirrors.
    • mikep72
    • By mikep72 14th Mar 18, 8:37 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    mikep72
    Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I ask that you e-mail me at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk and we can get this looked into for you.

Regards 24|7 Home Rescue
    Yes thanks for the short e-mail reply i got yesterday fobbing me off! Waited 2 weeks for that! These are my complaints. Please feel free to explain these little things without fobbing me off!

1. Failing to rectify the original problem in Feb 2017.
    2. Trying to write my boiler off as irreparable.
    3. Trying to charge for parts that were not needed.
    4. Charging excess twice for the same problem.
    5. Failing to service my boiler since joining in December 2016 as in T&Cs.
    6. Raising my DD payment to £24 and not informing me.
    7. Going 9 days without heating, missing work and house viewings.
    8. Taking 2 weeks to reply to me about my complaint.
    9. Wanting to charge for a cancellation fee because i called an engineer out. (but he didn't fix the problem)

I really want to leave this disgusting service but can't afford the fee.
    My original review is below.
    Last edited by mikep72; 14-03-2018 at 8:43 PM.
    • mikep72
    • By mikep72 14th Mar 18, 8:44 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    mikep72
    ]I had no heating for 9 days, called 24/7 Home Rescue out with a £75 excess ( no problem). Took 30 hours for someone to come out and tell me my boiler was broken. He then decided it could be one of 3 problems and then decided for the actuator valve. At one point he said i would need a new boiler.
    After he decided to look at his watch numerous times and use my toilet he left after
    10 minutes. I received a call off 24/7 home serve the next day demanding £110 , even though I pay £24 a month. ( stating look at the small print) intermittent fault etc.. even though I called 24/7 Home Rescue out last year with the same problem and nothing was done.

Eventually the engineer came out and after looking at his watch and using my toilet again fitted the actuator valve but surprise surprise that wasn't the fault! He now told me I needed
    a new pump!
    I rang 24/ home rescue the next day and was told I would have to pay £190 for the job to be rectified and despite my claims of the engineer was Frank Spencer I was not listened too..
    Today I went on to you tube and watched a video on how to rectify a stuck pump in under 2 mins. I now have a full working central heating system and my plumbing skills are zero.
    I don't appriecate being without heating for 9
    days, losing 2 days off work, being lied too,
    being ignored, losing 2 house viewings.
    After reading trustpilot reviews it looks like they will lose a lot of customers.
    I tried to cancel the policy over the phone but they wanted a cancellation fee because i called an engineer out . Yes the customer service and the initial set up is good but when you need help it's 'look at the small print". And they may come and service your boiler but they certainly won't fix it ! They didn't service mine btw[/QUOTE]
    • Rickbt
    • By Rickbt 16th Mar 18, 9:37 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Rickbt
    I too have been scammed by this company. Again, it is a long story but to cut it short, I had a simple igniter fault with a code on boiler to say so.
    1). 3 engineers visited and said different things
    2). 247 charged me £75 (refundable!!!) for the last callout (never refunded)
    3). Boiler apparently beyond ecomic repair as would take 4 hrs labour to change a gas valve (which was not faulty)
    4). Charged £175 to get a BAXI engineer as was told that was my only choice
    5). BAXI engineer changed igniter (£25 spare part) in 30 mins and boiler now fine
    6). 247 changed my policy from £16 to £26 pm without informing me
    7). 247 now charging me £144 to cancel policy
    8). Customer service rude and patronising
    9). Sending a complaint generates a standard reply

In general, I am paying over £300 a year for the policy and still had to pay £175 to get an igniter changed. Their website quotes unlimited call outs and spare parts but don!!!8217;t even cover a £25 spare part. Please, please avoid this company. It is a total scam
    • Rickbt
    • By Rickbt 16th Mar 18, 9:39 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Rickbt
    For information, I have a close friend in the BBC who is very interested in this company. I will post further with Info if anyone is prepared to pass their details at a later stage
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 16th Mar 18, 11:04 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Yes thanks for the short e-mail reply i got yesterday fobbing me off! Waited 2 weeks for that! These are my complaints. Please feel free to explain these little things without fobbing me off!

1. Failing to rectify the original problem in Feb 2017.
    2. Trying to write my boiler off as irreparable.
    3. Trying to charge for parts that were not needed.
    4. Charging excess twice for the same problem.
    5. Failing to service my boiler since joining in December 2016 as in T&Cs.
    6. Raising my DD payment to £24 and not informing me.
    7. Going 9 days without heating, missing work and house viewings.
    8. Taking 2 weeks to reply to me about my complaint.
    9. Wanting to charge for a cancellation fee because i called an engineer out. (but he didn't fix the problem)

I really want to leave this disgusting service but can't afford the fee.
    My original review is below.
    Originally posted by mikep72
    Hi Mike.

The original fault in 2017 was rectified, it has then reoccurred 12 months later. Had the problem happened again shortly after it first presented itself, you would not have been charged a second excess.

The direct debit price increased upon renewal which you had been sent an email for.

In regards to the engineer diagnosing the wrong part, i have passed this information on to relevant department manager to look into.

If you would like to cancel the policy, i am able to do this without taking the cancellation fee, could you email me to confirm you wish me to go ahead with this.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 16th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    I too have been scammed by this company. Again, it is a long story but to cut it short, I had a simple igniter fault with a code on boiler to say so.
    1). 3 engineers visited and said different things
    2). 247 charged me £75 (refundable!!!) for the last callout (never refunded)
    3). Boiler apparently beyond ecomic repair as would take 4 hrs labour to change a gas valve (which was not faulty)
    4). Charged £175 to get a BAXI engineer as was told that was my only choice
    5). BAXI engineer changed igniter (£25 spare part) in 30 mins and boiler now fine
    6). 247 changed my policy from £16 to £26 pm without informing me
    7). 247 now charging me £144 to cancel policy
    8). Customer service rude and patronising
    9). Sending a complaint generates a standard reply

In general, I am paying over £300 a year for the policy and still had to pay £175 to get an igniter changed. Their website quotes unlimited call outs and spare parts but don!!!8217;t even cover a £25 spare part. Please, please avoid this company. It is a total scam
    Originally posted by Rickbt
    Good morning Rick

Could you please let me know your reference number so that i can look into your account and the complaint which you have raised.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 16th Mar 18, 3:26 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    More scams from Lauren and 24/7. Shane sound like a tool as well.

Debra Murray.

Ref no -WSO145845
    Having cancelled this policy I am still awaiting a refund of all my direct debits of 9 months as you have failed to keep to your agreement,engineer called did absolutely nothing didn!!!8217;t even look at the boiler in December said needed resealing every 5 years but wouldn!!!8217;t of needed doing till 2019 but would cost me £120 even though it says no hidden costs for parts or labour!!! Been emailing back & forth as only way to complain to be told engineer found a fault with the boiler absolutely not!!!he didn!!!8217;t even touch it so glad that you provide x-ray glasses to your engineers that they can look through without actually doing any work!!!
    Your own staff don!!!8217;t even know what is covered under your terms & conditions not very good customer service!!
    Shame on you Trustpilot for keep allowing these glowing sign up reviews knowing there only doing it cos getting a months free cover!!!

glowing sign up reviews knowing there only doing it cos getting a months free cover!!!

Again and again..........bribes to leave positive reviews.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 16-03-2018 at 3:35 PM.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 16th Mar 18, 3:29 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Here will go again............

GEM

Don!!!8217;t use this company - it!!!8217;s a total con! I signed up for a no excess plan and got confirmation my account was up and running. i checked my account on the app a few days later and the plan I signed up for had changed without any notification to a £75 excess plan. I have been given different information by 3 different people and when I said I wanted to cancel as I!!!8217;m in my cooling off period I!!!8217;ve been completely ignored! I!!!8217;ve sent a few emails and received the autamated reply !!!8220;we will contact you within 24 hours!!!8221; and I!!!8217;ve heard nothing. They were quick to ring begging me to leave a 5* review on here and offered a free month for doing so....that!!!8217;s the ONLY Reason they have good reviews! And now they are already trying to rip me off....it!!!8217;s only been 1 week since joining! Stay well away! NOT the bargin deal they make it out to be at all.....just total lies and terrible service!

- I response to reply below: I!!!8217;ve email as mentioned and no reply and you were aware my boiler was 11 years old from the start

Scammers!!!!!!!
    • mikep72
    • By mikep72 16th Mar 18, 5:42 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    mikep72
    Hi Mike.

The original fault in 2017 was rectified, it has then reoccurred 12 months later. Had the problem happened again shortly after it first presented itself, you would not have been charged a second excess.

The direct debit price increased upon renewal which you had been sent an email for.

In regards to the engineer diagnosing the wrong part, i have passed this information on to relevant department manager to look into.

If you would like to cancel the policy, i am able to do this without taking the cancellation fee, could you email me to confirm you wish me to go ahead with this.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Sorry Lauren but the original fault was not rectified. No work was carried out please check your records. I have searched my emails and cannot find one stating a price rise. And yes i will be cancelling my policy and please make sure you try not to take any more money out as i have read this is common practice for yourselves judging by previous reviews.
    • mikep72
    • By mikep72 16th Mar 18, 5:44 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    mikep72
    For information, I have a close friend in the BBC who is very interested in this company. I will post further with Info if anyone is prepared to pass their details at a later stage
    Originally posted by Rickbt
    Yes please.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

420Posts Today

4,985Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin