Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Freezing
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    • 26th Dec 14, 10:26 PM
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue 26th Dec 14 at 10:26 PM
    Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!
Page 16
    • PhilipV6
    • By PhilipV6 3rd Mar 18, 11:14 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    PhilipV6
    Jay - 2nd March - Trustpilot

I purchased this cover, in the hope that my boiler will be insured against any breakdown or issues. I have a leak on the boiler and I just gave my own observation and they said they need £75 call out fee. What is the point of paying for £0 Excess??

When you call they just try and get out of coming out. Going back and forth to terms. This is not a boiler cover company and you will not have peace of mind. I have now called a local tradesman who will be coming out to fix the leak at 50% less than the call out fee.

Complete waste of time and now I have been holding 30 mins just to cancel my policy.
    • PhilipV6
    • By PhilipV6 3rd Mar 18, 11:15 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    PhilipV6
    Javed - 2nd March - Trustpilot

terrible experience with this company.
    was told boiler broken beyond economical repairs by their engineers.
    excess £95, what for? for telling me that they cant do the repairs!!
    yet they agreed to refer me to the manufacturers for £220 upfront for them to carry out the repairs. these guys cannot come out until next week.
    Any point in taking out such a cover when you can't be covered for £220 worth of repairs.

fixed the boiler myself all it needed was a good clean and combi pipe defrosting.
    were without heat or hot water for or than 24 hours and its -4. both of us disabled/long term illness.

avoid!!! never again!!!
    • PhilipV6
    • By PhilipV6 3rd Mar 18, 11:17 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    PhilipV6
    Akshay Kulkani - 2nd March - Trustpilot

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY LOW COST COVER

247 may appear great bargain based on monthly cost cover. Just wait until you have an issue. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

I paid for one of engineer visit £145 as it was not in my plan. They sent a wrong engineer, and then nothing.. Everyday I had to make 4-5 calls to follow up. Same answer " Someone will contact you".. nothing happened for 4 days. When I tried cancelling the contract, I was told I need to pay cancellation fee of £144 because engineer visit is pending!!
    I could not believe my ears !!
    ALL CONMEN !!
    • PhilipV6
    • By PhilipV6 3rd Mar 18, 11:18 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    PhilipV6
    Jackie - 2nd March - Trustpilot

Please do not take a policy out with 24/7..it's a con .I have been without heating since Tuesday 27th 2018 ..yes they got engineer out next morning great .engineer said it's the fan that's faulty put report in to order part .great .heard nothing now Friday morning .oh had to pay 35 to get engineer out because boiler 11 yrs old was 75 but I complained payed 35 .was never told there was age limit for boiler.well I rang this morning .spoke to the so called manager .I do have his name .I stated this is an emergency I have 7 children also my health is bad I have osteoarthritis so i find the cold really effects me .the man told be my boiler needed more parts than engineer had told me .I was then told they could do work but I had to pay 180 pound now .but they couldn't garentee when it would. Be fixed .either that or get a new boiler .I was then told ring them back by 12 or they would cancel my poilcy .not happy being blackmailed .I said garentee me it will be done today and I will then pay the 180 .which I'm not happy about and that I'm going to take this further .the man then said I'm canceling you policy end of .because I had threatened to take this further.....I will name and shame if nothing gets sorted .im so upset .I have since spoke to engineer who said that the boiler is done and only needs a new fan which is 150 pound .nothing was wrong with it ..so call manager lieing conning me .
    • PhilipV6
    • By PhilipV6 3rd Mar 18, 11:19 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    PhilipV6
    Vivienne Whitelam - 2nd March - Trustpilot

Please donít give this so called company your money. They are not registered with the FCA which means that the Financial Ombudsman cannot get involved (believe me, they wanted to). 247 Home Rescue has also decided to not sign up as a member of any outside Mediation company. Their in-house Mediation dept finally offered me a fifth of my costs but has not sent it or explained why. The response from 247 below does not explain why the settlement agreed to, was not sent. Do you really want to help finance a company that does not have adaquate call staff and inexperienced/ poor engineers? (3 misdiagnosed our breakdown, forcing us to pay another company to fix it.) 247 has a very established legal team and, I would assume, well paid Directors yet did not offer the service that I paid for, nor do they care. You need to wonder why they have set up their company with as few as possible regulating bodies involved. There are many companies out there, so if you want your boiler fixed when it breaks down after paying for cover, donít choose 247 Home Rescue.
    • madascheese
    • By madascheese 3rd Mar 18, 6:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    madascheese
    just changed to those
    i have just left british gas to join this company for my boiler service, think i made a big mistake, i havent had anything in writing sent to me and i have been with them for 2 weeks, i had a phone call from them asking me if i leave 5 star feedback on trust pilot for them they will give me my first month for free, i need to look into cancelling contract with them now and going back to british gas, stupid me, perhaps the price comparison websites need to do their research before they advertise these companys.
    • 247homerescue
      Verified User verified user
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 5th Mar 18, 11:37 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Absolute thieves mate. Need to take them to the small claims court. I can't believe people are signing up for these still. Ignore all of the replies from them on here because they don't get back to you. It's all PR. I have had several comments removed on Facebook.
    I wish they spent more time on customer services and fixing boilers than someone removing comments on Facebook at 10pm.
    9 days without heating and incompetent engineers. Look at the small print etc... I have not seen anyone who has had a repair done without having to pay for parts.
    The only positive reviews i have seen are for new customers who have had a service or the quality of their website. Please feel free to reply to this 24/7 Home Rescue because i have emailed yourselves 4 times now as requested with no reply.
    Originally posted by mikep72
    Hi Mike, could you please let me know your reference number so that i can look into why you haven't received an e-mail acknowledging your complaint.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 5th Mar 18, 1:03 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Called them yesterday (Wednesday) for boiler breakdown. -6 degrees outside newborn baby inside. Received a phone call few hours later to say no one can get to us until (possibly) Friday. Found a local plumber and fixed the problem last night. WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF MY PREMIUM. They outsource and get engineers if/when they can. Disgusting service. 24/7 home rescue!

Easy to use website etc etc... but wait till you have to make a claim. Also i read on TRUSTPILOT many policies cancelled when you make a claim. THIS IS A CON.

Luckily we found a local gas engineer who came out within few hours sorted it and cost us less than half the excess 24/7 were charging.

This is at the foot of their complaints procedure so no recourse to an ombudsman. THEY ARE NOT REGULATED.

"The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulate businesses that deal with contracts of insurance. 24|7 Home Assist Limited are not regulated as we do not offer contracts of insurance and therefore complaints are not investigated by the Financial Ombudsman Service."
    Originally posted by sanjay202
    Hi Sanjay.

Unfortunately due to the adverse weather conditions we had a very high volume of calls and you would have been offered the first available appointment. In regards to outsourcing our engineers, we only do this when absolutely necessary.

Regards
    24|7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 5th Mar 18, 1:14 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    i have just left british gas to join this company for my boiler service, think i made a big mistake, i havent had anything in writing sent to me and i have been with them for 2 weeks, i had a phone call from them asking me if i leave 5 star feedback on trust pilot for them they will give me my first month for free, i need to look into cancelling contract with them now and going back to british gas, stupid me, perhaps the price comparison websites need to do their research before they advertise these companys.
    Originally posted by madascheese
    Hi

Could you please let me know your reference number and then i can get your policy documents sent out to you via e-mail and through the post.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 5th Mar 18, 4:02 PM
    • 819 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Still up to their old tricks asking for reviews before experience with incentives. Scammers!!
    • mikep72
    • By mikep72 5th Mar 18, 7:09 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    mikep72
    Hi Mike, could you please let me know your reference number so that i can look into why you haven't received an e-mail acknowledging your complaint.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Originally posted by 247homerescue
    I have already posted my reference number on this forum and someone said they were going to get back to me as well as on Trustpilot. I have also emailed yourselves 4 times (to 2 different email addresses) without acknowledgement. I even messaged someone through Facebook and surprise surprise they haven't got back to me.
    It's been 10 days since i made my first complaint and no progress at all. Please don't come on here and pretend that you care as i am getting nowhere. My reference number (again) is GC0126964
    • jk0
    • By jk0 5th Mar 18, 8:19 PM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 24,684 Thanks
    jk0
    16 posts and no thanks?
    Says it all really doesn't it? I'd give up if I were you Lauren.
    • Financially-Challenged
    • By Financially-Challenged 7th Mar 18, 12:00 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Financially-Challenged
    247 home serve - boiling mad
    Hi
    Bit of a Newbie to posting on MSE - so please excuse any faux pas

I too have experienced shocking lack of service by this company - and won't bore you all with the details. What i want to do now is get them reported and dealt with. Hopefully with primary aim of exposing them for the sham company they are, prevent others from their dodgy dealings and just maybe re-coup some of my money too.
    I posted on Trust pilot and moderated to adjust some of my 'accusatory language'
    Amazing, how as another poster here has highlighted their legal team is well organised - shame they don't take the same approach with their customer service.
    I have contacted my local trading standards who were as much good as a chocolate tea pot. I maintain this Co are obtaining money under false presences, illegally trading and in breach of contract - as i never received a terms of contract from them - apparently available via their ' customer portal' - which doesn't display anything meaningful
    I too fell foul of the 'beyond economical repair' scam - and directed to the boiler manufacturer for a £220 repair hmmm
    So if anyone can direct me to an industry ombudsman etc i would be most obliged - to take mine (and others) complaints further
    Cheers
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 7th Mar 18, 12:02 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    I have already posted my reference number on this forum and someone said they were going to get back to me as well as on Trustpilot. I have also emailed yourselves 4 times (to 2 different email addresses) without acknowledgement. I even messaged someone through Facebook and surprise surprise they haven't got back to me.
    It's been 10 days since i made my first complaint and no progress at all. Please don't come on here and pretend that you care as i am getting nowhere. My reference number (again) is GC0126964
    Originally posted by mikep72
    Good morning Mike

I apologise if there has been a delay in somebody picking up your complaint. I have highlighted to a member of our complaints team who is going to get this looked into as a matter of urgency. He will be in touch with you shortly.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 7th Mar 18, 12:08 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    Hi
    Bit of a Newbie to posting on MSE - so please excuse any faux pas

I too have experienced shocking lack of service by this company - and won't bore you all with the details. What i want to do now is get them reported and dealt with. Hopefully with primary aim of exposing them for the sham company they are, prevent others from their dodgy dealings and just maybe re-coup some of my money too.
    I posted on Trust pilot and moderated to adjust some of my 'accusatory language'
    Amazing, how as another poster here has highlighted their legal team is well organised - shame they don't take the same approach with their customer service.
    I have contacted my local trading standards who were as much good as a chocolate tea pot. I maintain this Co are obtaining money under false presences, illegally trading and in breach of contract - as i never received a terms of contract from them - apparently available via their ' customer portal' - which doesn't display anything meaningful
    I too fell foul of the 'beyond economical repair' scam - and directed to the boiler manufacturer for a £220 repair hmmm
    So if anyone can direct me to an industry ombudsman etc i would be most obliged - to take mine (and others) complaints further
    Cheers
    Originally posted by Financially-Challenged
    Good afternoon

Could you please supply me with a reference number so that i am able to have a look into your account.

In regards to the terms and conditions, they can be easily found on the internet by typing in to google '24/7 home rescue terms and conditions' or as you have stated they can be found in your customer portal.
    Verified Company
    • PhilipV6
    • By PhilipV6 7th Mar 18, 1:37 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    PhilipV6
    247 Home Rescue in the Daily Mirror. Avoid.
    247 home "rescue" in a national newspaper for not taking care of their customer....
    I was lucky to be a bit savvy and realised been duped into a useless cover contract.

This guy was an older gentleman and he is lucky not to be dead at home. just awful!!
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&u act=8&ved=0ahUKEwjKvfbMq9rZAhVBDcAKHeRVCC8QFgg5MAA &url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-news%2Felderly-man-72-left-without-12110032&usg=AOvVaw1QvJkWJj-VrTzoaPTe1VE3
    Last edited by PhilipV6; 07-03-2018 at 1:43 PM. Reason: hyperlink broke
    • 247homerescue
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 7th Mar 18, 4:11 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    247 home "rescue" in a national newspaper for not taking care of their customer....
    I was lucky to be a bit savvy and realised been duped into a useless cover contract.

This guy was an older gentleman and he is lucky not to be dead at home. just awful!!
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&u act=8&ved=0ahUKEwjKvfbMq9rZAhVBDcAKHeRVCC8QFgg5MAA &url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-news%2Felderly-man-72-left-without-12110032&usg=AOvVaw1QvJkWJj-VrTzoaPTe1VE3
    Originally posted by PhilipV6
    I set out response of company which was printed in the article referred to.

At 247 we have a clear and transparent vulnerability policy, we prioritise persons in society such as elderly, disabled, single mothers etc in terms of claims management. In this instance the customers claim was prioritised and an engineer was sent to repair the fault within 24 hours during a very busy period, the engineer diagnosed further work which was immediately authorised by the company at which point the customers son chose not to deal directly with 247 but engage an independent repair.

247 attempted on numerous occasions to contact the customer but was advised on the first occasion that their help was not required as an independent repair had been sourced. Despite this the company continued to try and assist but their calls were rejected by the customer. As a last resort 247 instructed the boiler manufacturers to effect the repair on their behalf who also reported back that their services had been rejected by the customer.

247 rejects any assertion that they have failed in their duty of care in relation to the customer concerned and relies up on sequence of events that it went above and beyond their contractual obligations to assist this customer.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Verified Company
    • mikep72
    • By mikep72 7th Mar 18, 6:02 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    mikep72
    Good morning Mike

I apologise if there has been a delay in somebody picking up your complaint. I have highlighted to a member of our complaints team who is going to get this looked into as a matter of urgency. He will be in touch with you shortly.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Ok. Thanks for an actual acknowledgement. I wait with bated breath.........
    • Pandy048
    • By Pandy048 8th Mar 18, 9:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pandy048
    247 Home rescue
    [I]
    I wish Iíd read these comments before we signed up with this firm for boiler breakdown and service. Apparently We canít just stop paying the monthly payments we would have to pay £144 to cancel as we have had our boiler serviced! What a con. We rang for a service as our boiler which is a Worcester Bosch and 5 years old was needing to be topped up frequently. Meanwhile last week it stopped working altogether. The Ďengineerí came to look, poured boiling water on the pipes, kicked them breaking a bracket. He then told us a load of lies and supposedly ordered some parts to be fitted when the service is carried out next week. Next day we had @ phon3 call telling us it was a very big job that would take Ďmany man hoursí and we would have to pay £320 to have the W.B engineer to come out. We were told the boiler would have to come off the wall to repair it that was why it was that price in fact the true price was £550! We were told it was a design fault with this model! A few days later the WB engineer came replaced a valve (less than £20) recharged the expansion vessel and re set the combustion. It took less than an hour. We were told by 247 we are not due a refund, the cost to repair was more than 60% of the value of a replacement boiler. We also had a phone call to book us in for a service next week and they tried to sell us £85 worth of inhibitor. If this isnít done w3 wonít be covered for call out repairs! I said I want to cancel I was told I canít without paying £144 as I had already had a service!!! AVOID THIS FIRM LIKE THE PLAGUE. I hope Rogue traders take up the story
    We intend to do everything we can to get a refund.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 9th Mar 18, 10:10 AM
    • 819 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    I set out response of company which was printed in the article referred to.

At 247 we have a clear and transparent vulnerability policy, we prioritise persons in society such as elderly, disabled, single mothers etc in terms of claims management. In this instance the customers claim was prioritised and an engineer was sent to repair the fault within 24 hours during a very busy period, the engineer diagnosed further work which was immediately authorised by the company at which point the customers son chose not to deal directly with 247 but engage an independent repair.

247 attempted on numerous occasions to contact the customer but was advised on the first occasion that their help was not required as an independent repair had been sourced. Despite this the company continued to try and assist but their calls were rejected by the customer. As a last resort 247 instructed the boiler manufacturers to effect the repair on their behalf who also reported back that their services had been rejected by the customer.

247 rejects any assertion that they have failed in their duty of care in relation to the customer concerned and relies up on sequence of events that it went above and beyond their contractual obligations to assist this customer.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    No, that's not what the man in question said or hes son!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,535Posts Today

6,580Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin