Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Comments

• Please contact bbcwatchdog and send a complaint to trading standards
  • I wish I had read these reports before payong my money last month. Does anyone know what are rights to a refund are? I am a pensioner with a chronic lung condition and need reliable cover.
    I hope someone has the answer
  • Today, noticed they had applied to our bank re: the direct debit. We have cancelled it. So should we approach our bank and tell them to ignore if they (247homerescue) try again to get our money?
    if i had known then what i know now
  • Today we noticed above have applied to our bank for D.D. payments. we have cancelled it. should we tell our bank to ignore future applications???
    if i had known then what i know now
  • Taywoodman
    Taywoodman Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 September 2018 at 12:40PM
    This says it all, {text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    Sam_Smith wrote: »
    Horrific company. Please for the love of God hope you never need to call them out. Customer service is rude/aggressive we had an intermittent fault that has now resulted in permanent failure.

Apparently this is not covered even though I now have no hot water or heating and a 1 year old I have to take to neighbors for a bath. The only resolution they would offer is to pay them £95 security deposit as they doubt that the boiler is faulty.

I would beg you not to go with 247, I have never known such a disregard and contempt from a company. They constantly want to refer to recordings from previous calls and cut short the existing conversation and say they will call you back which they never do.

Additionally after speaking to customer care I can clarify that intermittent problems are not covered and is hidden in their terms and conditions. For example my boiler works for one and then for the following few days does not work and displays flame failure, apparently this doesn't come under boiler breakdown. So in summary I pay a direct debit each month for a boiler breakdown policy and have a broken boiler which they will not fix. Do not think of this as home emergency cover but home emergency INSURANCE. They simply view your claim as profit reduction for them and try and wriggle out-of everything. Look elsewhere if only I had stuck with British Gas.

Next stop watchdog and trading standards.
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Obviously by pure coincidence in the wake of latest highly critical posts on this MSE thread, highly supportive two-word "reviews" are suddenly appearing on TrustPilot from people who have never posted anything before.Thus, "Diane" and "David Smith"-- both of whom, says TrustPilot, were invited by 24/7 Home Rescue to post on that site -- have generously given of their time to provide the following detailed summations of their experiences:

"Diane": 'Excellent service.'
    "David Smith": 'Very helpful'.

Though both these deliriously happy customers appear to have exhausted their vocabularies early on, no such exhaustion has afflicted 24/7 Home Rescue, a business employing so many that it can seemingly task at least one member of staff to diligently maintain if not boilers, then certainly a vigil of the TrustPilot website. Those terse reviews from "Diane" and "David Smith" have earned a scripted response within less than a day of publication:

'Hi Diane:
    Thank you for such a glowing review. We are delighted to know you found our service and engineers to your satisfaction. We greatly value your feedback and will be sure to pass it on to all those involved. Thank you once again.'

'Hi David:
    Thank you for such a glowing review. We are delighted to know you found our service and engineers to your satisfaction. We greatly value your feedback and will be sure to pass it on to all those involved. Thank you once again.'

The epic amateurishness of what's going on here would be hilarious were it not for the number of MSErs whose reported experiences are anything but funny. What emerges is a picture of a business that has more interest in 'glowing' (sic) reviews than in non-glowing central heating boilers, and whose avowed 24/7 performance relates merely to the response time of its absurdly mis-scripted replies to comments which it has itself "invited" onto the TrustPilot website.

We were about to look into 24/7's services as a result of the uSwitch comparison link on MSE's Boiler Cover page, but the seemingly endless complaints on this thread, plus every appearance of stage management of the TrustPilot review site, are more than enough to ensure we'll stay well clear. . .

. . . and continue, too, to stay well clear of TrustPilot, the so-called consumer review site that long since lost any claim to being any kind of reliable reference resource for any consumer, anywhere.
  • I took out 247 home rescue policy to cover my boiler in the
    event of a breakdown.
    I have paid my monthly premium of about £15 per month since July
    When I took out the insurance they said there would be a £75 excess to cover repair due the

age of my boiler.
    I paid the £75 which i believed was towards repair.
    Their engineer came out and said my boiler was beyond economical repair and they charged me

another £300 for the manufacturer to come out for repair.
    The £75 did not go towards repair at all, just diagnosis. I queried this with no success.
    I paid £300 pounds for repair
    They sent Vaillant [the manufacturer] instruction to attend.
    The Vaillant engineer arrived, said he had fixed the boiler and that it only required the

velve to be reinflated which is part of a standard service. He said it was fixed.
    He then said as a matter of interest that if they returned they would request a board over

the loft hatch for health and safety.
    The previous engineer did not require this.
    The boiler started leaking again the next day.
    I called VAillant and 247. They said the engineer said he 'couldnt fix it due to access'.
    I replied that this was untrue, he had been in the loft and I repeated what he had said to

me.

I have now paid nearly £500 and my boiler is still exactly as it was before.
    They are now demanding an additional £90 what they call 'abortive' fee for the engineer to

attend again.

My boiler is in exactly the same state it was before I spent £500!
    Shocking customer service.
    policy name:
    24|7 Home Emergency Deluxe
  • jicms
    jicms Posts: 482
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    After informing me my annual membership was to be renewed at double the premium I could not get through to them to cancel on the phone so I cancelled via email. They never replied and debited my account with the first instalment. My bank, First Direct, were very helpful and refunded the unauthorised payment and put a note on my account that no further payments were to be taken by them.
  • Omg 247 rescue is an horrendous company please please stay clear!! They are NOT AN INSURANCE BASED COMPANY SO THEY DONT COME UNDER THE OMBUSMAN OR FCA REMIT. I called them out and was charged £75, They said it was over pressurised it was by my tennant as it was loosing pressure for some unknown reason.
    They sent an engineer who texted me it was all fixed. One week later another phone call telling my wife the first call out payment of £75 didn’t go through for some reason so she paid again (she works in a bank) then after payment was made she was informed another fault had been reported, (sneaky way to get you to pay for the same problem twice) They visited again (Same problem) they didn’t attempt to fix the problem they just deemed my boiler beyond economical repair, They could repair at my own cost for £980.

So I was £150 out of pocket for x2 call outs and told they weren’t doing anything else!! Period!!! FANTASTIC CONTRACT I HAD!

I eventually sent my own engineer around and boiler was fixed & fully serviceable for £135. ABSOLUTE DISGUSTING RIP OFF MERCHANTS PLEASE STAY CLEAR
  • I have also had very similar problems with this company.

They have recently set up a direct debit & taken money without my consent, threatened me with baillifs & despite promises on twitter, have never phoned me!

I'm not sure I'll ever get rid of them!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure