Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 14th Dec 14, 4:06 PM
    • 6,444Posts
    • 10,395Thanks
    scubaangel
    Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies
    • 14th Dec 14, 4:06 PM
    Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies 14th Dec 14 at 4:06 PM
    After my somewhat unpredictable last year I have moved back to the South and am starting my debt free journey from a new start point.

Last year I was unemployed for almost 8 months which unhelpfully coincided with the things I had organised before my unemployment and I didnt want to cancel (the wedding of one of my best friends, my annual trip to Twickenham for a rugby match among them) so my debt managed to increase but not massively.

Unfortunately once employed I left my permanent job after 4 months as I hated it to move back to the Surrey area, which then coincided with a series of somewhat inconvienient events which have conspired to cost me more money than I was happy about - making my very happy I hadn't used the salary I was saving to pay off debt like I should have been doing.

So 4 weeks after making the move for my new job (which I still love despite some tough days) I am getting the keys to my new house tomorrow lunchtime and it's time to start working out a new budget.
    Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
Page 54
    • scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 13th Sep 18, 9:40 PM
    • 6,444 Posts
    • 10,395 Thanks
    scubaangel
    And to make this month even worse my phone screen smashed yesterday, after only getting it fixed a couple of weeks ago I don't want to go back to the same place to get it fixed so will be visiting a different store for the fix. And that will be next months target to pay off the extra on the credit card alongside the expenses associated with the half marathon and oktoberfest weekend.
    Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 14th Sep 18, 9:38 PM
    • 6,444 Posts
    • 10,395 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Phone fixed, again, so thats another £70 to a credit card.

On the upsdie the £25 from sb arrived, along with £1 from qmee I forgot to redeem the other day -so £26 withdrawn to the bank.

I also managed to get the last 75 points I needed to cash out on yougov, so that'll be £50 on its way in the net 4 weeks or so.

Monthly challenge at £65.11/£200.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 15th Sep 18, 8:22 PM
    • 6,444 Posts
    • 10,395 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Managed to do enough surveys this afternoon to hit pay out threshold on panelbase, it'll take a few days for the surveys to move from pending but as long as they do it'll be about £14 I can withdraw.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 16th Sep 18, 5:45 PM
    • 6,444 Posts
    • 10,395 Thanks
    scubaangel
    No extra earnings yet today, but I ordered some new trail shoes last night, found them on sportshoes.com at a really good price + postage, so decided to see if I could find them for a better price elsewhere only to discover that sportshoes also sell through amazon, so bought the same shoes for the same price and same postage costs but using my amazon vouchers instead of direct - and as ss aren't on any of the cash back sites I use I haven't lost any cashback either.

Still need another pair of mud run shoes but as my current mud and trail pair have started to disintegrate I thought it was best to replace them for more day to day type off road running and keep the really disgusting ones for the next couple of mud runs if I can't find any at a good price - have my eye on a couple of brands but they don't come up on offer often.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 17th Sep 18, 3:00 PM
    • 6,444 Posts
    • 10,395 Thanks
    scubaangel
    £1 amazon voucher arrived today - not sure where from though, possibly bigdl.

Walked from the males place in to town this morning, spent just under £7 in Mr L's. Ground coffee - a bag double the size of the typical supermarket ones for the same price - a pack of three cornish pasties which have become a lunchtime favourite before work, and some jars of pasta bake sauce.

Earnings wise I've got S'mores running on my tablet, sb apps on the android phone, and the two iphones (now the older ones seems to be working reasonably reliably while plugged in again) are running instagc videos.

Heading in to sb to see if I can find a survey or two to get to that first target before I set to work again on my email inbox surveys.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 17th Sep 18, 4:45 PM
    • 6,444 Posts
    • 10,395 Thanks
    scubaangel
    A couple more qmee surveys and some searches and I've another £1 in paypal from them, along with £5 from pinecone.

So another £6 has been withdrawn to my bank account.

Monthly challenge now at £71.11/£200.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 19th Sep 18, 12:11 AM
    • 6,444 Posts
    • 10,395 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Sorted out another box of books to send to ziffit, 10 books this time worth just under £5. But again done through tcb for the 10.1%

Just need to print a label and find time to go in to town before work to drop them off - got an earlier than normal start tomorrow, a very early start on Thursday (albeit it's practically a split shift so I might be able to go in to the town near work between time), and a "normal" start time on Friday but I've booked a mystery shop to be done then.

On the upside I finally got a recalculation from HMRC which looks correct so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my payslip will look a little healthier than it has done recently!

Also hit £5.43 on attapoll so redeemed it for paypal, as well as having done three citizenme surveys today so have withdrawn all £6 of that. Making my monthly challenge £77.11/£200.
    Last edited by scubaangel; Today at 12:13 AM.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,524Posts Today

8,325Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin