12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh wow.. apparently I am 24 weeks tomorrow.. V-day... :p .. but... I'm not really .. I'm really 23 weeks on Sunday with a blooming great ginormous monster baby! That or I have been impregnated by midichlorians and am going to birth Anakin Skywalkers sibling!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • tatabubbly
    tatabubbly Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I accidentally ate blue mold today while out with a friend off a cake in a small cafe I'd never normally be in. Felt rather nauseous after but I nipped into the pharmacy and the pharmacies assured me that I'll survive :D

Found a lovely HM blanket today in a local charity shop, never used, will save me buying wool to crochet one myself!
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • pigpen
    Options
    tatabubbly wrote: »
    So I accidentally ate blue mold today while out with a friend off a cake in a small cafe I'd never normally be in. Felt rather nauseous after but I nipped into the pharmacy and the pharmacies assured me that I'll survive :D

if it has never made you ill before the chances are it wont now.. it is a fair amount of hysterical advice rather than actually harmful..
    My gassy tummy is excelling itself today... it was so painful it woke me at 6:15 this morning.. a few too many satsumas I believe! rennies and gaviscon for breakfast.. :(

I've decided I might need a new pushchair.. the M&P one i use constantly is almost dead and my big one needs its wheels checking.. OH is popping them to the bike shop to be checked later.. hopefully they can be fixed because £600 for a new one that will suit our needs is going to cripple the bank!
  • dinky_dragon
    Options
    Im 24 weeks tomorrow! I don't want to leave and go to the "big girls" thread yet!!!

Nothing really to report, feeling kicks (and punches I reckon) mostly just as I get comfy in bed, don't know if I just notice them more then as Im not busy?

We have bought a pushchair, crib for the bedroom and moses basket for downstairs, as well as a couple of bundles of clothes. All second hand! My daughter had everything bought brand new, and the amount of money I spent on clothes that she never even got into is disgusting!!
    :p Proud Mummy to Ruby :p
    born 02/01/09 5lb 2
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Feeling increasingly f'd off with my stepdad - he keeps on flipping smoking his damn e cigarette in the same room as me. I asked when I arrived if he wouldn't mind not smoking at all in front of me. No offence to people who do use them but in my experience, not enough research has been done to verify what exactly happens when people smoke e cigarettes.

Don't care if I'm over reacting, I don't smoke nor do I wish to be around anyone who does while pregnant. I think I'm just gonna have to stay at my MIL when I'm home next, stepdad is really f'ing me off. He's made comments which are completely out of line and I'm just over it at this stage.

Bleh, anyways got most of the babies stuff at home, infacol and the like which I can't get abroad and a few pre made formula if needed.
  • pigpen
    Options
    tata.. dont you think they stink too?? I have actually had a few occasions when i was nearly sick when mums at school were using them in the playground.. I dont think they should be allowed them on school premises either.. vile things.
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    tata.. dont you think they stink too?? I have actually had a few occasions when i was nearly sick when mums at school were using them in the playground.. I dont think they should be allowed them on school premises either.. vile things.

It's more that he actually smokes as well and he uses these things in the house. They just aren't safe, I've yet to see a decent article with long term affects on health and health of unborn children.

I'm probably ranting cos I'm hormonal today! I was so looking forward to my break but now all I want is to go home to my hubby..
  • pigpen
    Options
    Smoking is one of the reasons I loathe going to OH's mums.. she smokes and his sister smokes and everything stinks.. OH stopped when he moved here which I was immensely pleased about.

There is plenty of info saying the lingering smoke should be avoided for an hour.. because it clings to the clothes and hair.. but these stupid fake things just seem to be full of hype about the benefits etc.. but water in your lungs is really harmful so it wont be long before there is a rise in emphysema, pluerosy and copd as well as increased risk of lung infection.. lung cancer and death might be preferable to the decreased mobility and independence that comes with some of those! They said many things were safe until they realised they werent!
  • ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Been attempting to take gavison today as I've had awful pain from stomach acid, it makes me gag but I can slowly take enough to ease the symptoms and pain!!!

I would be annoyed about the smoking and e cigarettes too. It annoys me walking into the office as all the smokers congregate I'm line outside. Luckily I don't really know many people who smoke, and luckily those who do smoke outside and never indoors.

Treated myself to a dress today, it's not a maternity dress but is huge so will nicely fit a growing bump and I can wear it with a belt to start with.
  • pigpen
    Options
    think.. you can have rennies or gaviscon do chewy tablets or hard tablets too.. or ranitidine do little caplets.. if the liquid is too mucusy for you.. and the mint gaviscon is so much nicer than the aniseed one!

I've got myself in a rather fetching leopard print and rose maxi dress today with a very very snug black jumper.. ALL my clothes that fit are in the washing machine! I am certain I have a taartan dress somewhere that will fit but I need to wear it with leggings and I cant put them on! .. kind of stuck really

I have bought the 3 things I need to buy today so I'm sorted.. I need to collect the bodysuits, basket, bedding and bits from DD1 too... ooh.. towels... I need a couple of those too... yay!! exciting.. spending money I dont have! I list stuff on ebay so only spend paypal money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business