Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aunty-Pickle
    • By Aunty-Pickle 11th Dec 14, 7:18 PM
    • 449Posts
    • 1,350Thanks
    Aunty-Pickle
    12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)
    • 11th Dec 14, 7:18 PM
    12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4) 11th Dec 14 at 7:18 PM
    so, this is a continuation of our old thread which can be found here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4890409&page=209

This thread is for all ladies (or partners of ladies) who are 12-24 weeks pregnant.

Welcome everyone!!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
Page 174
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 3rd Jul 18, 8:19 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    Toots - that does sound crappy - hope your back is better soon, mine's been a b*gger too, and I'm struggling to get comfy in bed even with a multitude of different pillows; have found though that the solution to my hip pain on getting up from my chair at work is to just get up more often - not that difficult with needing to stay hydrated in this heat (and therefore regular trips to the loo!).
    Glad the scan went well though :-)
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 3rd Jul 18, 9:34 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Anyone else have the internal mental struggle of "I know I'm probably a bit dehydrated in the heat so I should drink more water - but If I drink more water I'll be up all night peeing and I'm constantly tired anyway so could do with sleeping through for a night - but then I'll be dehydrated and even if I do sleep through I'll be tired anyway"...

I've not slept right through a night in about 2 months - usually getting up 2 or 3 times to pee whereas pre-pregnancy it was only very occasionally and once a the most! I suppose I have to look on the bright side though, I'm probably getting more sleep now than I will when Little One turns up!
    Little One's due date 18/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - 144k motrgage
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 3rd Jul 18, 10:10 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Hubby ( yes hubby now, got married Friday) is now suggesting I sell my beloved Nissan Juke to get a bigger car as hes not sure a pram will fit in the boot.
    Been throwing up more this week but think some of that was due to a migraine.
    I think I look fat rather than pregnant right now.
    Just want a proper bump.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 3rd Jul 18, 10:18 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Munchkin Congrats! I got married in May and my DH has also suggested selling my car for basically the same reasons - I have a 3 door mini, tiny boot and bucket seats in the back so not very practical for a car seat or a pushchair.

Be careful with migraines - mine was a signal that I was dehydrated but it got so bad I couldn't keep even water down do ended up in a vicious loop. Please be careful and get checked out of it persists!

I've started getting a bit of a bump that looks more like a food baby - I constant look like I've just eaten a big meal so I can sympathise. I did have to have a clear out of my wardrobe last week and put a whole bunch of stuff in the loft as it just doesn't fit anymore, elasticated waistbands are now my best friend! We had a bunch of gift vouchers for the wedding so I've not felt too guilty about going shopping for a few new bits.

I hope you feel better soon!
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 3rd Jul 18, 10:20 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    I suggested he could sell his Land Rover but he has only just got it and loves it. So now he knows how I feel about the thought of selling my car.
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 3rd Jul 18, 10:43 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    NelliePie and Munchkin - exactly the "problem" we have with cars; I have a three door focus which is going to be awkward to fit a car seat into (I've tried with an empty one and that's hard enough!) and hubby drives a small two seater van (he has suggested just strapping the car seat in the back of the van with bungee cords like we do with the cat basket if they need to go to the vets; funnily enough I'm not keen on that idea).
    Re: the up all night peeing versus avoiding dehydration - I am finding that making sure I get enough fluids early in the day seems to help avoid a headache and means I can have a bit less to drink in the evenings and minimise the night time trips (I'm still waking up though as sleeping on my left side doesn't come naturally to me and is taking a long while to get used to)
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 3rd Jul 18, 10:44 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    Oh - and congratulations Munchkin! Hope you get to have a bit of a honeymoon/babymoon :-)
    • HopHop
    • By HopHop 3rd Jul 18, 6:06 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    HopHop
    Congrats Munchkin!

(Lurking here as I'm only 9 weeks...)
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 3rd Jul 18, 8:09 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Yes! Mine are happy for my OH to come to every other appointment, but not the 16wk one. I think it's a good initiative. Sad it's needed.

Mine turned over the weekend between my two scans - went from head down to sitting breech, and as my placenta is anterior high once he'd turned over his kicking was really strong! I think he's more sideways again now, as I only feel movement at the 'sides' of my belly.

Hope you're feeling better, Toots! And congrats on your boy!
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 4th Jul 18, 9:00 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    Bosscout - I agree it sounds like a good initiative (and very sad that its needed, but for some women abuse starts or gets worse in pregnancy, so they need to keep an eye out). I think our local midwives being a small team with real continuity of care helps a lot though in terms of spotting any signs.

I'm another anterior placenta - this week I'm regularly feeling baby move all over but earlier on it was just around the sides or right at the top (when baby must have been stretching up above it). Still finding the movements a bit strange and not sure I "like" the feeling, but very glad baby is getting stronger - OH still won't have a feel of the bump which has got me down a bit as it feels as though he doesn't want to bond with the baby (I know he'll be fab once its here, I think he's just afraid of getting too attached just yet and also is generally freaked out by the changes)
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 5th Jul 18, 9:46 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    NelliePie
    NelliePie and Munchkin - exactly the "problem" we have with cars; I have a three door focus which is going to be awkward to fit a car seat into (I've tried with an empty one and that's hard enough!) and hubby drives a small two seater van (he has suggested just strapping the car seat in the back of the van with bungee cords like we do with the cat basket if they need to go to the vets; funnily enough I'm not keen on that idea).
    Re: the up all night peeing versus avoiding dehydration - I am finding that making sure I get enough fluids early in the day seems to help avoid a headache and means I can have a bit less to drink in the evenings and minimise the night time trips (I'm still waking up though as sleeping on my left side doesn't come naturally to me and is taking a long while to get used to)
    Originally posted by afoolandhermoney
    With the hypermesis I really struggle to keep anything down until around midday. I've tried to get enough liquids in and stop drinking by around 6 to help but it's not made much difference. It's frustrating that in the afternoons and evenings I'm fine so because I'm not dehydrated (overall) an dam not loosing weight anymore I can't have anymore anti-sickness meds. I'm in my 12th week of being sick almost everyday. Hopefully it will ease soon and like my DH says, it'll all be worth it in the end
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 5th Jul 18, 9:47 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    I hope it eases off soon and you feel better Nellie
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 6th Jul 18, 8:53 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Bosscout
    ...so technically I should knob off to the next board...24+1 today! But I hope you don't mind me hanging about a bit until there are some more 24+ers

So...hot, isn't it??? I'm at a loss of what to do at work, except drink my bodyweight in water and sweat it back out again!

My boss asked me for the first time when I thought I might go on mat leave (we were stuck in traffic in the van for 2 hours!) and I said I'd probably plan to go 2wks before due date... But I honestly don't know what work I'll be capable of for much longer!

Also I asked my GP surgery if I could collect my MAT1B - and they were super efficient and had it ready that afternoon, so my OH picked it up.... but he failed to notice that my address AND due date were wrong on it. I don't know if that even matters?? Anyone know if my work just keep the form or if they have to send it anywhere?
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 6th Jul 18, 10:18 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 455 Thanks
    Toots14
    The heat is a killer bosscout, I've been spending my whole day dangling my feet in my daughters paddling pool. She's not getting a look in

We are 20 weeks today and met with the consultant this morning. She's happy to go along with an elective section so back at 36 weeks to get my date but most likely be 15th/16th November. Feels real now I know how I'm giving birth She asked what I'd do if I went into labour naturally before section date but I said we would go with the flow!
    • selement
    • By selement 7th Jul 18, 9:21 AM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,936 Thanks
    selement
    Had my 20 week scan yesterday and all looks good. Bit annoyed reading my notes after as the sonographer wrote sub optimal images due to high bmi! Hmph . I know I'm a bit overweight but I'm not that big (size 12-14 pre pregnancy- although I probably have put a little extra on). Also she gave no indication whatsoever there was any issue during the scan, and it also says everything listed to be looked at was seen so she saw everything she needed to. In fact we were impressed at what could be seen! Could even see all 4 separate chambers of the heart. It just felt like she wanted to have a jibe calling me fat tbh so I'm a bit annoyed about it.
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 7th Jul 18, 9:25 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Thats unnecessary of her.
    Must have been amazing to see the heart like that.
    • selement
    • By selement 7th Jul 18, 10:04 AM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,936 Thanks
    selement
    Thanks munchkin . Yes it was I enjoyed the scan before I saw my notes! Saw baby yawn and suck their thumb good to know everything seems normal too. Didn't find out sex we wanted to stay team yellow. They didn't ask if we wanted to know I think we could have asked if we had wanted to though . They did look between legs a little and I tried to guess but I'm not sure still! I think maybe girl but sometimes I thought I saw something there . . Could just be umbilical cord though. Guess I'll find out in around 18 weeks! (I'm 22 weeks currently)
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 7th Jul 18, 10:10 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Sounds brilliant.
    Cant wait for our second scan but its not til Aug.
    Had such painful trapped wind yesterday I just wanted to cry.
    We were driving back from Cornwall to Suffolk and I have hubby singing Let it go to encourage me to fart. Hahaha
    Had a call from antenatal dept at hospital saying I will need extra scans due to a low hormone. Growth scans from 28 weeks. And got told not to google it.
    Which is hard.
    • selement
    • By selement 7th Jul 18, 10:20 AM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,936 Thanks
    selement
    I bet. I guess it's to stop you seeing worst case scenarios. As long as it's all monitored I'm sure it'll all be ok. You'll get to see baby more often too which is nice even if it is for important medical reasons.

I have sometimes been struggling with painful constipation! Bowels are all over the place this pregnancy lol. Been ok past few days. I haven't felt obvious baby movement despite being 22 weeks and having a posterior placenta! But maybe I have been feeling all along and just thought it was gas? I sometimes feel things that I'm not sure if it could be baby. Nothing obvious enough to feel with hands on tummy yet and baby has been wriggly and moving a fair bit at all scans!
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 7th Jul 18, 10:27 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    I cant wait to feel baby moving. Im only 15+1 so think I have a little while to wait yet.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

38Posts Today

3,428Users online

Martin's Twitter