Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 169
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 26th Apr 18, 7:28 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Hi Dpearson - Welcome! Glad everything babywise is good. What a nightmare at work though. You don't need that sort of stress! I'm glad the ownership company at least have acted a bit better.

Afoolandhermoney - I do all the risk assessments at work! Everyone's being great, I have them all running around for me. I've barely lifted anything heavier than a cup of tea for weeks!

I'm definitely with you on the whole not-quite believing it thing. I've reverted to that stage now I've stopped puking, I think! Even though I've seen the scan, I still can't quite believe it's real. I phoned my folks today and it's so hard not telling them - but we're going to see them on the Bank Holiday and really want to tell them face to face. I think it will seem more real then!
    • Janeybabe
    • By Janeybabe 27th Apr 18, 10:14 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Janeybabe
    Can I join in? I'm 19wks+2 and am due on Sept 19th Got my 20wk scan next Monday! How are we all doing ladies? xxx
    • selement
    • By selement 27th Apr 18, 5:06 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 1,907 Thanks
    selement
    I'm 12 weeks today, hello! Due 9th November
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 27th Apr 18, 7:20 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Hi Janeybabe, Selement! Welcome

I got my Downs/Edwards/Patau test results back today. I'm glad they put them in a very boring envelope, or I'd have been afraid to open them.

I thought I might be high risk, as I'm old and fatter than I ought to be, but thankfully all can back very low. It's certainly a relief!

Hope you're all doing well?
    • dpearson86
    • By dpearson86 29th Apr 18, 9:11 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    dpearson86
    Hi Bosscout, it has been crazy but at least I!!!8217;m out of the environment, just want to be kept busy, I!!!8217;ve managed to do the Baby Box University course, and got Emma!!!8217;s Diary freebies and Bounty freebies, just hoping I can get more and start up my supply of things we need ready.

I!!!8217;ve been trying to find cooking classes as I!!!8217;m not the greatest cook and figured whilst off why not improve but everything seems to do them on a Saturday and that!!!8217;s when I want to spend time with my partner, oh well he might like having some peace and quiet from me.
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 29th Apr 18, 10:40 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Cooking classes sound great! I could probably do with some of those... Hope you find some that suit.
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 30th Apr 18, 8:23 AM
    • 222 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    dpearson - welcome, and so sorry to hear that you're work were so horrid (but glad that things have been sorted a bit with HR now).
    Janeybabe and selement - great to "see" you here!
    bosscout - great news on the test results

I think I might have felt the baby move last night, its so hard to distinguish it from all my usual IBS related rumblings, but there was definitely a flicker of something different. Can't wait to feel it properly (though hubby finds it all really creepy)
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 30th Apr 18, 7:55 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Bosscout
    I feel like when I'm really still in bed at night I sometimes feel a little flutter? But I'm not sure... I can't wait to feel it regularly, just as that extra reassurance it's all okay.

On the subject of partners finding things creepy - I asked mine if he wanted to cut the cord the other day, and he admitted that having watched enough Call the Midwife and One Born Every Minute the cord REALLY freaks him out! So I've put him down for a 'maybe' - last thing I want is him fainting and stealing all my glory
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 1st May 18, 9:40 AM
    • 222 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    haha - definitely need to avoid him stealing the show

I have to admit I have never watched either of those. I avoid OBEM as I'm worried it'll put me off (and its too late now!) and I'd never get my OH to sit through Call the Midwife (far too soppy for him).

Weird pregnancy dreams are continuing (and getting more bizarre by the night), at least at the moment they're giving me a giggle at the crazy things I come up with and I've only had one birth dream (which was emotional rather than scary as everything went fine in the dream, I just woke up crying when I held the baby)
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 1st May 18, 8:08 PM
    • 1,688 Posts
    • 1,794 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Our birth was nothing like One Born Every Minute at all!
    Mortgage remaining: 42,260 of 77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - 22,281.99 / 25,000
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 1st May 18, 8:59 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Bosscout
    I had a strange pregnancy dream of giving birth to 4...FOUR! fully functional toddlers...they were even dressed. And talking. I blame the OH who was convinced we were going to have twins (we are not).

I'm having trouble sleeping at the moment, and I don't really know why.

My OH did laugh in his sleep the other night, and when I asked him if he was okay he told me he was a pirate with an eye patch.... maybe the weird preggo dreams are catching??
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 2nd May 18, 9:57 AM
    • 222 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    Freddie - I hope that was in a good way

Bosscout - I'm another one having trouble sleeping, I think that's why the dreams have got weird, I'm up at least once in the night to pee. Maybe you are having a niggling doubt that it might not just be one? (even if the rational bit of your brain says they'd have noticed at your scan) and in someways it would be lovely to skip right to the toddler stage and avoid the teething and nappy changes.

No idea what the deep fried turtle on top of my beef-and-sea-bass-steak coming to life and turning into my cat meant other than that I should probably avoid eating cheese after 2pm
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 3rd May 18, 9:31 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Afoolandhermoney - No, I was always sure it was just the one (Didn't think I was sick enough for two!)

Hahaha none of my dreams have been as good as your beef-and-sea-bass! And I'm craving cheese at the moment... I'd love a nice bit of brie!

Anyone else in the weird stage of feeling like nothing's happening again? I'm gently getting rounder, but apart from that, most days I forget I'm pregnant at the moment! Can't wait for my 16 week/feeling movement/something to happen!
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 14th May 18, 8:55 AM
    • 222 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    sorry i've been a bit quiet - just plodding along with it all for the last few weeks. Having had all last week with no morning sickness at all (not even a tiny bit nauseous) I thought that might be it but alas this morning it was back with a vengeance - I think it might be nerves though as its anomaly scan day today.
    Been feeling a few movements (like popping candy in my tummy, or being snapped by an elastic band) the last couple of weeks. I'm assuming they are baby movements as they feel different to my normal IBS bubblings. There's not really any sort of pattern though but I've noticed it several times a day which has been encouraging. Hope it happens during the scan so I can see what baby's up to when it happens.

Belly button is gradually starting to turn outwards too, which is odd to look at - and I stupidly hadn't expected that it would catch on things so much (another reason to find some over the bump pants)
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 14th May 18, 1:23 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 440 Thanks
    Toots14
    Time to move over here! Had our 12 week scan on Thursday so been given a due date of 23rd November! Everything looked perfect!

I'm consultant led so seeing them at beginning of July. Have to make a decision over the next few months about trying vbac or a planned section! Decisions!
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 14th May 18, 2:46 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    Hi Toots - great to see you on here. Will you see your midwife again before seeing the consultant to maybe discuss your options with her?

Just got back from the anomaly scan - all looking good and baby developing as they'd expect. So cool to see how its grown and to actually see a face emerging from the grey and black ultrasound fuzziness. Baby stayed all curled up asleep though and didn't want to stretch out so it took a lot of prodding around with the wand before all the measurements were done
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 14th May 18, 8:25 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Afoolandhermoney - Mine was stubbornly asleep at my 12wk scan. Really didn't want it's little brain looked at. They told me to eat a sugary snack before the 20wk scan to try and liven it up!

So glad the scan showed everything was going well though.

Welcome, Toots! Glad your scan went well too

I've been feeling mainly very boringly un-pregnant. Although I did a big stretch in bed this morning and absolutely killed my round ligament thingy! Had to curl back up and groan a lot

Also I can't sleep. I mean, I am, a bit, but I'm getting up really early and waking up a few times in the night. Might have to get some sort of preggo pillow. Starting to feel distinctly round!
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 15th May 18, 10:09 AM
    • 222 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    oh yes, the insomnia. After the first few weeks when I was so tired I would fall asleep at any time of day practically as soon as I sat down (and it was touch and go if I'd even get that far on some days) I now wake up in the night needing a pee and can't get back off again. I think its my body getting ready for the inevitable lack of sleep when baby arrives. I've never been a naturally early riser before now, although I'm also still going to bed about 9 most nights so that might have something to do with it.
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 15th May 18, 7:48 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Bosscout
    I'm feeling 100% un-pregnant today. Work was fine, slept quite well, don't feel particularly whale-like... I should be glad, right?? But nah, I just feel a bit 'meh' about it all. Glad I've got my 16wk check this week, or I might start to think I'd imagined the whole thing!

Anyone else feeling distinctly...normal?

(Oh, also, my GP surgery are being absolutely useless this week, questioning me about the prescription the consultant gave me, and telling me they had my 'free prescription' thing ready, then telling my partner who went to collect it that I had to fill out a form - which I'd already filled out and left with them for the doc to countersign - and then deciding actually they'd done all that and put it in the post so I'd get the exemption card in the mail... Has anyone else got the card yet, and did it really come in the post??)
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 16th May 18, 10:03 AM
    • 222 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    haha - yes, even with the horrendous nausea and sickness I would still have days I thought I was imagining it (and it still doesn't feel quite real even with an obvious bump!). So if you're feeling good I'm not at all surprised that you feel normal.

And my GP is beyond useless, although as I get free prescriptions anyway in Wales I hadn't bothered about the exemption but you've reminded me that I will have to give them a call later about getting the form to fill in anyway so I can get free dental (that bit isn't automatic here). Mind you, my GP (which is in England) is baffled by the idea that I don't pay for prescriptions as long as I get them dispensed on my "home side" of the border and will automatically dispense them from the surgery unless I insist on a paper one. But then they also only issue my current one as 28 days worth at a time even though I need to take it all through the rest of my pregnancy, pretty certain it would work out cheaper all round (and definitely be easier) if they'd just give me a prescription for 100 days of them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

288Posts Today

3,169Users online

Martin's Twitter