Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 164
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 11th Dec 17, 8:04 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Hi to the new members and the graduation dodgers like myself (25 weeks now). Hope you are all keeping well.

lavendar I've had some real uncontrollable crying at TV and film. To be fair, they were pretty sad, but my reaction was much more than usual.so you are definitely not alone! Not sure if it's settled down or I'm just better at avoiding the triggers these days.

I'm able to feel more kicks these days, and feeling the physical presence of my little one is making me want to hold him. But at the same time I need these 15 weeks ahead, because we're so not ready!
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 11th Dec 17, 9:19 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Congratulations V day graduates!! I am 24 +1 as well so think I might head over to the scary big thread. Think I feel a bit of a cheat until I hit 28 weeks, 3rd trimester but hey! Here it goes... see you all over there!
    Last edited by sweetilemon; 11-12-2017 at 9:46 PM.
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 11th Dec 17, 9:45 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hi Cherry, I've been avoiding things which might reasonably make me cry, which is probably just as well.

I'm not an overly touchy feely pink and fluffy sort of girl - but I've been saying to DH that I've felt for about 6 weeks that I'm about to throw a tantrum. But it never came. Then, I dropped 3 empty pieces of rubbish on my way to the bin - I screamed and cried and sobbed and heaved uncontrollably for 20 minutes! I didn't WANT to drop the rubbish but I had! It caused no damage or harm, it was clean, washed out. No food was wasted (I hate dropping food because that is waste). I am so glad hubby has been reading his monthly "dad to be" info I send him because he said he was fully braced and knew I simply couldn't help it.

When did you all start feeling flutters and movements etc? I've read on another pregnancy board of women getting them really early but all I've got is growing pains!
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 12th Dec 17, 7:31 AM
    • 412 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Sometimes you just have to let your emotions out! Hope you felt better after your meltdown.

I think I felt early movements about 19 weeks, and first kick that you could feel outside at 21. But for ages it was very faint and depended on position, so I didn't feel something every day.

Some women feel them like flutters or bubbles, but to me it was like a tiny muscle twitch.
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 12th Dec 17, 3:59 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Laura from 24 weeks if he was born prematurely they would use medical intervention whereas before 24 weeks it's unusual so it's the first viability milestone (one of the Apps I use, Ovia, gives you a medal which is fun!)
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos
    I love it! I'm a bit similar as my DD1 was born at 26 weeks 16 years ago!! So that will be a major one for me

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 12th Dec 17, 10:27 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    26 weeks will be hugely exciting for you then xx
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: 0/31010.23 (100% paid)
    Mortgage - 158.500.00 (2017/2018 O/P 3491.79) PAYDBX 17 - 18,442.82
    PAYDBX 18 #006 3850.92/4000
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 26th Dec 17, 8:42 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 1,776 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Hello! Had forgotten about moving threads Christmas busy-ness.

At 12+2 today.
    Mortgage remaining: 42,260 of 77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - 22,281.99 / 25,000
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 2nd Jan 18, 1:05 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hi Freddie, I think it may just be me left. This seems to happen when I join new threads
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 3rd Jan 18, 8:52 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 1,776 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Hi LavendarBee - hope you're well.

OH is 13+3, still feeling a lot of nausea at meal times but she seems to be gradually getting better over the last couple of days.

She was properly sick a few days ago, as in it was definitely morning sickness and not a bug. Last pregnancy the same thing happened around 12 weeks (having not been sick at all until then) and then thereafter all the nausea stopped. So hopefully same thing has happened this time - she needs to start eating properly again and put some weight back on!

• LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 4th Jan 18, 10:48 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hmmm, would she like some of mine?! I'm still gaining a bit too fast and it's driving me nuts, but I can't seem to stop eating. Thankfully nausea is behind me, I only feel rough when I haven't eaten for a bit, seem to constantly need to prop my blood sugars up.

As of tomorrow it's turnip week for me, just makes me think of Blackadder... (at the beginning of each week I tell hubby what size/weight the baby is in comparison to fruit and veg, turnips are definitely less exciting)
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 5th Jan 18, 10:11 AM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 1,776 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    I thought you meant you were only eating turnips this week!

That would be an interesting pregnancy diet when you only eat the foods that are the same size as the baby.

Ours is a small peach.

• LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 9th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Continuing on a wintery root vegetable theme, I'm about to be an onion apparently... Not sure what type of onion though (could be a pickling shallot, or one of those massive Spanish ones you get in the greengrocers!)

I thought I was doing terribly well and breezing through pregnancy on an official capacity (even though I've had every symptom in the book), however I had a late midwife appointment yesterday and got diagnosed with PGP, a physio referral for the former, and told off for my low blood pressure. I am still alive despite my reading being 84/42, though it would explain why I feel half zombie sometimes! I was so determined to be an "easy" patient
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 10th Jan 18, 8:31 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 1,776 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Large lemon this week.

I was hoping it would be an apple as I planted an apple tree in our garden yesterday. Think apple is next week.

OHs blood pressure was quite low at the booking appointment.

She's feeling quite a bit better it seems - managed all her food tonight and it was a meal she was concerned about - wasn't sure if it would make her too nauseas but luckily not.

That makes my cooking sound awful!

• mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 10th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    I booked in with the midwife so I am waiting for my scan appointment! Vomitting still horrendous, skin really sore and spotty but the exhaustion is starting to easy alittle.

How is everyone getting on?
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 11th Jan 18, 1:06 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    I think week 15 is apple, though it seems to depend which site you subscribe to. I have a few and sometimes I've had the same food item the opposite way round, so week x will be an orange and week y will be a lemon, but on another site x is the lemon and y is the orange. The joy of trying to measure nature I've just looked at another site and it's said I'm a sweet potato now (still root veg of course ;-)) or a can of coke (less healthy).

The little devil seems to be moving up a week early... For the last week I've had so many cramps, aches, pulling and tugging, and squishing of my vital organs all at the same time. Most of the bloating has finally given way so I can see what's really there. I had a look and a squidge this morning and bump seems to be wanting to form quite high up, and is definitely not lower down where I thought it was going to go. I've packed my old skinny jeans and fitted skirts away, but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't get in them anyway Loose dresses are the way to go as I'm still not public about it all, the majority of people don't know.

20 week scan is now 19 days away, feels like a long wait. I've had what I think are movements, but I'll feel more reassured generally when I'm getting booted in the belly I'm sure.
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 16th Jan 18, 8:28 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Ugh, in bed with stretching pains. I *used* to have really strong abs and all this stretching nonsense is starting to take its toll. Given up on the day; bed, hot water bottle on the back (feels comforting rather than necessarily being useful), and a glass of alcohol free wine (so that's grape juice with added must in a wine bottle then...)

Scan is now 2 weeks today. Then I can finally show people my emerging bump and stop hiding in cardigans/wrap dresses/oversized shirts!
    • rainbow_791
    • By rainbow_791 17th Jan 18, 11:18 AM
    • 1,486 Posts
    • 1,280 Thanks
    rainbow_791
    Hi, I am just looking to join you join you all, I am 17+6 today.
    We have had an early gender scan and we are having a little boy, still excited for 20 week scan to see him again.

Feeling well so far, fingers crossed that continues.
    Hope you are all doing well
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 17th Jan 18, 8:39 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hello Rainbow - thanks for joining, it was starting to get a bit like a monologue of just me! Is this your first?
    • rainbow_791
    • By rainbow_791 18th Jan 18, 3:47 PM
    • 1,486 Posts
    • 1,280 Thanks
    rainbow_791
    Hello Rainbow - thanks for joining, it was starting to get a bit like a monologue of just me! Is this your first?
    Originally posted by LavenderBee
    It is my first

How are you feeling? I am starting with stretching pains now but the slight movements I am feeling from him make it more than worth it.

How far are you? I am 18 weeks day
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 18th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 1,776 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    OH really looking pregnant now. 15+4.

We got our appointment letter through for the 20 week scan, feels like a long wait since our last one at 11 weeks. Since with DS we got an extra scan at 15 weeks.

Speaking of DS - he just gave us both a kiss at bedtime - that's the first time he's done that

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

392Posts Today

4,415Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin