IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Just £16 to get off any private parking ticket

worried_jim
worried_jim Posts: 11,631
Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
edited 2 December 2014 at 11:28AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Great article in the Times today- effectively, no matter what, for £16 these guys will win the case for you ( http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/ )
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/ingear/cars/article1488630.ece

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    PTAS is/was run, at least in part, by a couple of MSE forum members. We are well aware of them. :)
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,787
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    “There is a danger with these websites because they make people believe that they can get them off parking tickets,” says Patrick Troy, chief executive of the British Parking Association (BPA), which represents private parking operators. “But if they did park in the wrong place, then they should pay the penalty.

Nice of Patrick Troy to confirm that PPCs are charging penalties which are of course unenforceable in consumer contracts whatever HHJ Maloney may think.
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Or you could just follow the great advice on here and except for a wee bit of your own time, it cost you nothing.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Troy is such a scumbag.

“There is a danger with these websites because they make people believe that they can get them off parking tickets,”

Yes Patrick, that's because they CAN get them off.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    My only concern is that this company is providing an easy get out for those who abuse private landowners, those who use car parks but not the businesses which pay for them, and those who try to avoid payment where payment is due.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • BenefitMaster
    BenefitMaster Posts: 641 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2014 at 6:33PM
    Just one correction - PTAS was run by two respected forum members, but one left due to ethical concerns, and the other has now sold the business.

I am no longer doing any work for PTAS due to an obvious conflict of interest, declared below.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm surprised we didn't get "the end of civilization as we know it " hogwash from Troy.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • The_Deep wrote: »
    My only concern is that this company is providing an easy get out for those who abuse private landowners, those who use car parks but not the businesses which pay for them, and those who try to avoid payment where payment is due.

The Private Parking industry made this bed, so now they need to lie in it.

The Parking Appeals companies (I'm aware of four now) are condcuting their business lawfully, unlike the likes of ParkingLie et al.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 19 June 2016 at 2:11PM
    Edited as things have changed
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • No journalist to my knowledge has ever asked Troy the simple 2 questions - if this is such and effective solution and without it the world would come to an end - why didn't the world come to an end before Oct 2012 and err......

WHAT HAPPENS IN SCOTLAND?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport