Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 18th Nov 14, 3:11 PM
    • 186Posts
    • 82Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    0 WOW
    Hello Fresh
    • 18th Nov 14, 3:11 PM
    0 WOW
    Hello Fresh 18th Nov 14 at 3:11 PM
    Hey forumites. We've got a Hello Fresh code that gets you £26 off your first meal box. Check out the deal - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/hellofresh

We’d love to know if you have any feedback. Like…

• Did you like it?
    • Have you used it?
    • Did you have any issues?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Sarah

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Nov 14, 3:19 PM
    • 13,846 Posts
    • 43,101 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 18th Nov 14, 3:19 PM
    • 18th Nov 14, 3:19 PM
    Thanks for that Sarah.

Everyone please remember there is a referral thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4990121&highlight=hellofresh so please dont post any referral links here.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • dushanko
    • By dushanko 19th Nov 14, 12:04 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dushanko
    • 19th Nov 14, 12:04 PM
    • 19th Nov 14, 12:04 PM
    I had a terrible experience with this company last week. The delivery was for Tuesday and I did no shopping for the week so I could try some nice recipes. On Tuesday afternoon they called me the courier they use could not locate the address. I headed out for a meal. I said I do not want it as it contains meat and will be kept redelivered something might go off. She said they will sent a different courier and hopefully he will find it. On Wednesday they did not deliver again so I went to shop and cooked. On Thursday a person who lives in different apartment block 3 numbers away came and said that a package is there. I picked it up on Thursday night. The vegetables were mostly smashed and the meat were packed in a wrapping but were not kept cold anymore. I had great experience with Able & Cole but wanted to try this, but it's too much hassle. You have to be at home to sign for delivery also all day.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 19th Nov 14, 12:08 PM
    • 13,846 Posts
    • 43,101 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 19th Nov 14, 12:08 PM
    • 19th Nov 14, 12:08 PM
    I had a terrible experience with this company last week. The delivery was for Tuesday and I did no shopping for the week so I could try some nice recipes. On Tuesday afternoon they called me the courier they use could not locate the address. I headed out for a meal. I said I do not want it as it contains meat and will be kept redelivered something might go off. She said they will sent a different courier and hopefully he will find it. On Wednesday they did not deliver again so I went to shop and cooked. On Thursday a person who lives in different apartment block 3 numbers away came and said that a package is there. I picked it up on Thursday night. The vegetables were mostly smashed and the meat were packed in a wrapping but were not kept cold anymore. I had great experience with Able & Cole but wanted to try this, but it's too much hassle. You have to be at home to sign for delivery also all day.
    Originally posted by dushanko
    You dont have to be home to sign for it, mine is always left on the doorstep for me.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • lionpops
    • 19th Nov 14, 8:41 PM
    • 19th Nov 14, 8:41 PM
    I've just tried to place an order using the discount code but when I went to pay by paypal it removed the discount and tried to charge me the full £39. I cancelled the transaction and thought I'd try using my credit card instead (in case it was just a paypal issue) but now it says I have used the code and won't discount the order!

Very disappointing.
    • wdah
    • By wdah 19th Nov 14, 9:06 PM
    • 858 Posts
    • 1,153 Thanks
    wdah
    • 19th Nov 14, 9:06 PM
    • 19th Nov 14, 9:06 PM
    I've been tempted to try Hello Fresh when I've seen various deals online (most recently a Groupon deal that would have made it pretty cheap), but they don't seem to have recipes that take my fancy.
    • charis18uk
    • By charis18uk 27th Nov 14, 10:06 AM
    • 444 Posts
    • 553 Thanks
    charis18uk
    • 27th Nov 14, 10:06 AM
    • 27th Nov 14, 10:06 AM
    I had my order delivered two days ago using the code frim last week's email. My first impression was how little food was in the box. If I had paid full price I would have been utterly disgusted tbh.

The quality was variable...some wilting leaves did not impress. All organic ingredients which was nice.

The truth is though...you are paying £40 for what amounts to six ready meals you have to cook from scratch yourself...even some takeaways are cheaper than that! Hey for £40 I could combine with vouchers and eat out for that!!

As an experiment in cooking its nice...the recipe cards being the highlight of the box and very straightforward.

As an exercise in cost effective shopping utterly terrible...this is one reoccurring bill you are going to want to hot foot to cancel.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,918Posts Today

6,295Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The maths is wrong. Even if MPs weren't given a penny by the state in salary or expenses, it'd save a trivial count? https://t.co/Kgskcjd6eG

• What an utterly depressing watch this is. I think the MP handles it as well as possible. Good on him for not just t? https://t.co/LrSY56HbPA

• RT @Caitch22: @MartinSLewis Maybe the cheap housing, final salary scheme generation that want to tax the young should pay for their own car?

• Follow Martin