Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    Feedback on Resolver.
    • 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    Feedback on Resolver. 10th Nov 14 at 5:48 PM
    If you've used company Resolver to submit your flight delay/cancellation claim to an airline, please let us know your feedback on the company's service below.

Resolver has a free online flight delay compensation claim system that will guide you through the process and let you know when and how to escalate automatically.

Thanks.
Page 21
    • NandoDave
    • By NandoDave 8th Aug 18, 8:24 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    NandoDave
    Feedback on Resolver. Flight cancelled in March with BMI , complained through Resolver as soon as parcticable. Been through each and every escalation and then onto the CAA - every single email has been completely ignored.

I've reverted to querying with the airline directly as nothing is happening on Resolver at all. BMI now saying they work to a timeframe of 60 days to respond to my online query, so back to the beginning and another long wait - Resolver has been a complete waste of time in this case.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 9th Aug 18, 4:31 PM
    • 2,950 Posts
    • 13,522 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Update.
    Resolver came good with ID Mobile ( Carphone Warehouse) £75 in total,
    Hilton Hotels 100 US Dollars .
    Plusnet no good won't even reply .
    could not have achieved these without Resolver.
    Last edited by MoneyMate; 18-08-2018 at 1:50 PM.
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • Bathsheba
    • By Bathsheba 9th Aug 18, 5:37 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    Bathsheba
    Flight cancellation claim - TAP
    Returning from Dakar to Gatwick via Lisbon in April - first leg of journey cancelled at last minute (after I'd checked in and gone through to departures!). We were put up at a hotel, at TAP's expense; however, I obviously missed my connecting flight and arrived home 24 hours late.
    Claim took some time to be sorted, but the process was made much smoother by using the Resolver tool and, after several escalations, I finally received €600 (having declined their offer of a travel voucher - valid for only one year - worth €900)

• MrsHill2013
    • By MrsHill2013 9th Aug 18, 7:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrsHill2013
    I tried to use Resolver for our delayed Tui flight back in June, but after a month hadn't heard anything from them- not even a confirmation that Tui had received the claim. I decided to contact Tui direct and received a reply including how much compensation we'll be getting within 2 days. I won't be using Resolver again
    • Nossen66
    • By Nossen66 12th Aug 18, 8:30 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nossen66
    IOS App???
    The MSE guide to Resolver states there is a Resolver App available on iOS and Android. I understand it will automatically record calls made via the App. However, I tried to get the app from the Apple App Store but it doesn't seem to be there. Does it actually exist?
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 12th Aug 18, 8:48 AM
    • 16,570 Posts
    • 12,712 Thanks
    hollydays
    It's available in the us store
    • john.gray57
    • By john.gray57 12th Aug 18, 3:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    john.gray57
    resolver
    complete waste of time , thomas cook are just as bad , will never use either again and shame on martins money tips for endorsing resolver
    • Nossen66
    • By Nossen66 13th Aug 18, 9:31 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nossen66
    IOS App???
    It is a bit if a pain to access apps on the US store. If Resolver wants to gain traction in the UK they really need to make their app available on the UK store.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 13th Aug 18, 10:05 PM
    • 16,570 Posts
    • 12,712 Thanks
    hollydays
    It is a bit if a pain to access apps on the US store. If Resolver wants to gain traction in the UK they really need to make their app available on the UK store.
    Originally posted by Nossen66
    You are welcome.
    See thanks button..
    • samuela66
    • By samuela66 14th Aug 18, 11:04 AM
    • 1,157 Posts
    • 983 Thanks
    samuela66
    Resolver what was the point
    Morning

I used resolver only to get to the end of 3 months and a reply from Tui saying they don't deal with Resolver, surely Resolver must know this in the beginning, a waste of 3 months

Dear Passenger

Thank you for your email regarding your aviation complaint.

Please note that CEDR cannot accept applications directly from the Resolver platform. In order to review your case you will need to make an application via the CEDR website. You can then upload your Resolver case file at the end of our application and we will use that to assess your case.

If you wish to make an application to use the service you will need to complete our online application accessible at: https://www.cedr.com/aviation/ Just click ‘Apply’ and then ‘Apply online’ and upload any supporting documents you may have.

For your reference, CEDR is not affiliated with Complaint Resolver and has no way of accessing any documents supplied to them. For further information about the service we provide, please go to https://www.cedr.com/aviation/frequently-asked-questions/

Kind regards

Consumer Services Team
    Sam B
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 14th Aug 18, 1:54 PM
    • 7,933 Posts
    • 4,630 Thanks
    buglawton
    Thanks for that, I have a TUI case right now and TUI appears to be in the drop-down selection in Resolver. Hence I've wasted time there too. SO, you go to CEDR rather than direct to TUI? (had the runaround from TUI in the past when making the booking).
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Aug 18, 3:43 PM
    • 4,407 Posts
    • 1,202 Thanks
    JPears
    You cannot go to CEDR directly if you have not made an intial claim to the airline.
    If you have made a claim to Tui and they have denied you compensation then you either need correspondance from them to confirm there final position. Or wait 8 weeks.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 15th Aug 18, 12:48 AM
    • 7,933 Posts
    • 4,630 Thanks
    buglawton
    Well, the MSE energy club worked out well but with Resolver, looks like MSE led me up the garden path.
    • Tara Phoenix
    • By Tara Phoenix 20th Aug 18, 12:46 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Tara Phoenix
    This is the only discussion I can find about Resolver but I tried using them for a case against Debenhams which was absolutely awful.
    They asked me for photographs of the object over a dozen times which I sent and took forever to reply to anything.
    They continued denying ide sent anything even when I tried to sent them screenshots of things I'd sent.
    It's still not resolved after a year and I've left it because it'd torture as they don't acknowledge anything you send.

Dreadful and stressful waste of time.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Aug 18, 8:53 AM
    • 4,407 Posts
    • 1,202 Thanks
    JPears
    Sorry this is for flight delays.
    MSE still haven't fixed the incorrect link to here after many years....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 20th Aug 18, 10:45 AM
    • 7,933 Posts
    • 4,630 Thanks
    buglawton
    You cannot go to CEDR directly if you have not made an intial claim to the airline.
    If you have made a claim to Tui and they have denied you compensation then you either need correspondance from them to confirm there final position. Or wait 8 weeks.
    Originally posted by JPears
    Reading the 2016 TUI complaints thread
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71508819
    looks like almost no one has ever got compensation from Thompson/TUI. TUI ignores CEDR decisions and does not pay up. And CEDR does not seem to be able to do much about it.

Luckily my case was only a minor journey not something big like a long haul or expensive package. But based on what I'm reading and on TUIs actual behaviour in ignoring my claim so far, I think I'll give Thompson/TUI a very wide berth in future. This is actually TUIs loss.
    • NandK
    • By NandK 26th Aug 18, 3:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NandK
    We used Resolver via the link on MSE to claim for a 13 hour delay on a TUI flight from Gran Canaria in February 2018. We found the Resolver information very clear and the form easy to fill in. A number of weeks later we received a cheque for the full EU compensation amount from TUI. As the issue was resolved we closed the case as requested by Resolver. Our experience with Resolver was that the process was clear, quick and straight forward.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 26th Aug 18, 3:59 PM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    Justice13075
    I'm glad for you but that is not most people's experience.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 26th Aug 18, 4:14 PM
    • 19,944 Posts
    • 46,155 Thanks
    peachyprice
    We used Resolver via the link on MSE to claim for a 13 hour delay on a TUI flight from Gran Canaria in February 2018. We found the Resolver information very clear and the form easy to fill in. A number of weeks later we received a cheque for the full EU compensation amount from TUI. As the issue was resolved we closed the case as requested by Resolver. Our experience with Resolver was that the process was clear, quick and straight forward.
    Originally posted by NandK
    How peculiar that the poster above was told by TUI that they don't deal with Resolver, but you, who just joined today, had success with them. Amazing. Good job you found this forum today to share your experience, it's like it was meant to be.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 26th Aug 18, 6:21 PM
    • 7,933 Posts
    • 4,630 Thanks
    buglawton
    'Tis indeed odd. A bit too neat, really.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,260Posts Today

6,859Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: On Brexit, which is more important to you right now certainty or outcome. Ie would you prefe? https://t.co/En38QfRh3o

• Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Follow Martin