Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    Feedback on Resolver.
    • 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    Feedback on Resolver. 10th Nov 14 at 5:48 PM
    If you've used company Resolver to submit your flight delay/cancellation claim to an airline, please let us know your feedback on the company's service below.

Resolver has a free online flight delay compensation claim system that will guide you through the process and let you know when and how to escalate automatically.

Thanks.
Page 20
    • daggy
    • By daggy 15th Mar 18, 1:58 PM
    • 1,114 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    daggy
    Hi All,

I had a flight delay with klm in October and have been claiming through the resolver tool; it go escalated to the aviation ADR, but they came back ad said I have to contact KLM direct as resolver is not a valid way of raising the complaint... is this a common response?
    • daggy
    • By daggy 15th Mar 18, 2:01 PM
    • 1,114 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    daggy
    Unfortunately we cannot accept cases where the initial complaint is through Resolver. It is not deemed to be a formal method of contact by KLM.

Please you must complain through more official channels in order to get a resolution.

Yours Sincerely
    • JPears
    • By JPears 15th Mar 18, 2:51 PM
    • 4,347 Posts
    • 1,190 Thanks
    JPears
    It is from KLM, they refuse to communicate through resolver.
    Just use template letters to send your claim directly. Resolver does nothing additional that you can't do yourself.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • daggy
    • By daggy 15th Mar 18, 3:09 PM
    • 1,114 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    daggy
    Thanks.. should the resolver tool not tell me this when I initially tried to raise a complaint to klm?

The tool itself has made me waste several months of my time complaining.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 15th Mar 18, 4:07 PM
    • 4,347 Posts
    • 1,190 Thanks
    JPears
    That's probably why KLM do it. Some people would give up at this point. Its a numbers game for the airline, minimising the number of claims by obfuscation, procrastination, misinformation, lies etc etc.
    You will probably get the runaround from KLM going direct, but persevere.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • daggy
    • By daggy 7th Apr 18, 11:24 AM
    • 1,114 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    daggy
    KLM offered me 250eur cash or 350eur in flight vouchers.

Surprisingly no run around.

MSE need to update resolver to direct user's to klm direct if their issue is with them..
    • katekat
    • By katekat 27th Apr 18, 7:39 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 194 Thanks
    katekat
    Missing PPI company - Cygnet Finance
    I want to raise a PPI claim for Cygnet Financial Service which is now known under The Funding Corporation however this company is not on the drop down list for PPI claims in Resolver. Any chance it can be added?
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 28th Apr 18, 8:48 PM
    • 5,461 Posts
    • 4,109 Thanks
    sheramber
    I want to raise a PPI claim for Cygnet Financial Service which is now known under The Funding Corporation however this company is not on the drop down list for PPI claims in Resolver. Any chance it can be added?
    Originally posted by katekat

https://www.resolver.co.uk/company-not-listed
    • Suts
    • By Suts 29th Apr 18, 8:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Suts
    Rejected PPI claim
    I escalated my complaint to The Financial Ombudsman as my bank turned down my PPI claim. I decided to put in a complaint as on the one and only occasion we made a claim on our mortgage illness cover, it was rejected on the grounds that the illness was not covered, even though we were accepted with no pre-existing conditions. We didn't pursue it further at the time due to the illness being suffered. However, as part of my complaint to the FO, the insurance company has now paid out the claim (16 years after our mortgage has ended). The FO's adjudicator has not upheld our complaint, citing that one of the issues they consider is whether the cover was suitable for us, and as we made a claim and the insurance company has paid out, it proves the cover was needed, albeit the claim was originally rejected 16 years ago. Our claim was a genuine, honest claim submitted in good faith, but feel that it has been dealt with in a very deceitful and underhand way, and I plan to follow this up with the appropriate organisations and escalate it further with the FO. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 29th Apr 18, 8:27 PM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 526 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Sorry this is the flight delay compensation forum.
    • phyllisgrant
    • By phyllisgrant 29th Apr 18, 10:26 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    phyllisgrant
    For goodness sake! Do you not read the whole post? This has been said quite a few times and the post is in fact, about both complaints. Posters have been posting help on both topics. Sheesh!.,
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 30th Apr 18, 6:40 AM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 526 Thanks
    Justice13075
    This thread has nothing to do with PPI.
    • morticia52
    • By morticia52 5th Jun 18, 11:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    morticia52
    Great result with AVIS
    Having been charged for insurance we declined on an overseas car rental last year I was getting nowhere with complaints direct to AVIS and was about to write the money off. Used Resolver and got a refund of 330.00 ... absolutely delighted obviously
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 5th Jun 18, 11:48 PM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 526 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Wrong Forum
    • CeeJay
    • By CeeJay 20th Jun 18, 5:38 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    CeeJay
    Ryanair flight cancellation
    On 8th June Ryanair texted to say that our flight on 10th June had been cancelled due to a strike of ATC in France. As EU261 does not cover ATC strikes, I was expecting a fight with the airline.

On 12 June I submitted a claim via Resolver for compensation of 250 p.p. fully expecting a fight with the airline. This morning (20th) I received an email from Ryanair to say that they were paying our claim in full and stating that the cause of the cancellation was, "due to an unexpected airport facility issue."

What a wonderful facility Resolver offers. My thanks to them and to MSE for bringing it to my attention.
    • Ningaloo
    • By Ningaloo 25th Jun 18, 6:52 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Ningaloo
    Seems as if the log in button and my cases button keeps disappearing - so I cant see my cases.
    Thank you to everyone who has helped me MoneySave
    • Bigsystem
    • By Bigsystem 27th Jun 18, 7:59 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bigsystem
    I was delayed by 3 hours earlier this year leaving Newcastle for Dubai with Emirates and arrived 9 hours late in Bangkok. The circumstances seem to fit the requirements for compensation. The only unknown is the cause of the delay. We werent given any information whatsoever by Emirates although anecdotally we heard that the inbound aircraft to Newcastle had had to return to Dubai because of a technical fault. My concern is that Emirates could choose the reason for delay and will choose something out of their control. I complained using Emirates own complaints system and they said it was outside of their control and inferred that it was a safety issue and offered no compensation. I used Resolver and escalated all the way up to the CAA but didnt receive any replies. Only when I went to the CAA did they reply and tell me that Emirates dont respond to Resolver. The CAA are now investigating
    • Burybird1
    • By Burybird1 11th Jul 18, 8:40 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Burybird1
    Resolver to complain about furniture
    I used Resolver tool to formalise a complaint I had been making for 8 months with no success. I bought a set of dinning furniture for 1200 and after only 1 year the fabric on the corner bench was split along the seams. They said it was wear and tear so wouldn't refund or replace. After 1 month after sending the same complaint via Resolver the company have agreed to replace a corner bench which hopefully will arrive next Wednesday.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 11th Jul 18, 8:46 AM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 526 Thanks
    Justice13075
    BigSystem. Post this on the Emirates thread, one thread below this and also post your flight details. I personally would not touch resolver for flight delays.
    • PPTaylor
    • By PPTaylor 16th Jul 18, 4:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PPTaylor
    Hi All,

I had a flight delay with klm in October and have been claiming through the resolver tool; it go escalated to the aviation ADR, but they came back ad said I have to contact KLM direct as resolver is not a valid way of raising the complaint... is this a common response?
    Originally posted by daggy
    Hi, I was just about to post a similar response I've received from Jet2 so it might be possible airlines and now starting to not communicate through resolver for whatever reason.

My response from Jet2
    Hello,

Thank you for your email.

We are unable to correspond via this email address. For any queries or enquiries, please contact us via our postal address as follows: EC261/2004 Team, Legal Services, PO Box 284, Leeds LS11 1GE.

On receipt of your postal correspondence, you will receive an acknowledgement to confirm it has been successfully received and is being reviewed.

Yours sincerely

Jet2.com & Jet2holidays!
    Legal Team!
    The Mint!
    Ingram Street!
    Leeds!
    LS11 9AW!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,776Posts Today

8,723Users online

Martin's Twitter