Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Well done Lucky!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Wait til they are in their teens :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lost 2.5lbs at fat class :T. DH lost one and is back in Target range so £5 per week saved :j. Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Great result for you both :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Lucky,
    I don't often post but do catch up with you when I can. Am always amazed how well you cope with everything. :T
    empathise totally with teen attitude - drives me :mad: and I don't even think I have it particularly bad with my DS - just occasionally.

NOA
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Sorry you are going through it too NOA. I had a coffee and a catch up with a friend this afternoon (:j) and her daughter is the same age as my DS1. She's exactly the same and we had a good old moan. Nice to know we are not alone!

We have been bowling tonight! For the foreseeable future we will be having Family Fun Wednesday instead of FF Friday, and today was DS2's choice. I was thrilled to discover that bowling is only £1.50 per person after school on Wednesdays, so we could all bowl for £6 :j. One more reason that Wednesday is better than Friday! The real reason for the change is so I can go to Clubbercise on a Friday :o. Feel guilty putting my needs first, but it's only because I can't do other days because of being Mum's Taxi.
    (Still feel guilty!).
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You are right to prioritise your Friday Clubercise, as it is benefiting your health and wellbeing, which in turn helps you cope with big and little mangries (angry males).
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Don't you dare feel guilty about doing something for you. Your boys are still getting their family fun day and you get your fun Friday - result :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    No to feeling guility :naughty:

• Well and truly told off there then :o. Thanks ladies Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family