Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 6th Nov 14, 4:53 PM
    • 8,840Posts
    • 51,800Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!
    • 6th Nov 14, 4:53 PM
    Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!! 6th Nov 14 at 4:53 PM
    This is my 2nd diary on MSE. My first diary, "When I asked for luck I didn't mean the bad variety!!" has to be closed as it's reached over 5000 posts!! It can be found here;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3911061

In 2011 my Husband had a motorcycle accident resulting in a severe brain injury, memory problems and Epilepsy. Unfortunately he is getting worse not better and I am now his full time Carer, which can be challenging, but I'm ever grateful he is still here! I also have 2 boys aged 10 and almost 5, a part time job and I'm currently a Beaver Leader but I've just given notice to leave at Christmas (as much as it pains me!) as I just can't manage that too. The last 3.5 years have been hard going for lots of reasons, but worth it. Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day!!

At the time of the accident we owed over £23,700 on credit cards and we currently owe just over £3000. Hopefully this diary will see us getting debt free forever! I hope you'll join me.

Lucky Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in 2018 31/60
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
Page 221
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 13th Mar 18, 9:07 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 51,800 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    On a brighter note.

Collected my dress from New L00k and itís lush. Really happy with it, and itís in a smaller size than usual. Hopefully it wil be even looser on my holidays .

Weighed in a (supermarket carrier) bag of clothes. Got a massive 77p . Added it to Florida change pots.

• Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 13th Mar 18, 9:10 PM
    • 5,847 Posts
    • 38,633 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Oh the joys of raging teenage hormones Realistically his threats are just him being over dramatic and meant for effect. He wants to worry you understandably you are worried. One day it will all be a bad memory, honestly, I've been there.

Big hugs xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £296.07
    Debt £2400
    June 4 NSDs 4 AFDs
    Weight loss 0.5/6LBS
    Emergency Fund £2000/£10,000
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 14th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 51,800 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Thanks SA. I tend to agree with you re DS1, apart from he was found by DH trying to carry out one attempt . Thankfully we seem to have got through to him for now.

Feeling very aggitated today. Canít stop thinking/worrying about money, even though we are just about getting by. Feeling quite panicked really . Has been made worse by two eBay sales going awry recently so that has put me off, but equally still feel the need to earn more cash somehow.

Cat has an appointment at PDSA tomorrow. Assume she has CFD (cat Alzheimers) but want to get her checked incase itís something else. Will have to make a donation there too .

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 15th Mar 18, 8:05 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 51,800 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Would like to apologise for how miserable Iíve been recently and thank everyone for continuing to read/post while Iíve been all woe is me .

Vet agrees cat probably has CFD (Alzheimers) but is otherwise in good physical condition for almost 15. They weighed her and we have to take her back in 4 weeks to be weighed again and reassessed. We can take her back at any time if we feel she has gone downhill quickly, but otherwise we have to just monitor her until we go back. It didnít cost anything .

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Mar 18, 8:30 PM
    • 55,063 Posts
    • 219,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    You havent been miserable.
    Life if just hard sometimes.

Poor cat but good news on yet being free.
    Only wish ours was!!

Take care of you xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Mar 18, 8:33 PM
    • 55,063 Posts
    • 219,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    Oh & believe you me I so would would not want to go back to DS being a teenager.
    & in a lot of ways it is all down to you.

Which is hard in itself.
    Add in your Dh too.

I think you do a wonderful job xx

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 15th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    • 5,847 Posts
    • 38,633 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Don't feel bad about moaning on here. We all have times like that and it's a good place to vent and often someone comes up with a suggestion or makes you feel better and it's been worthwhile.

I agree with Beanie, you're doing a wonderful job against the odds xx
    Debt £2400
    June 4 NSDs 4 AFDs
    Weight loss 0.5/6LBS
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 15th Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 51,800 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Thank you both Xx

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 16th Mar 18, 8:29 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 51,800 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Lost half a pound again at chub club. Better than nothing, particularly after Motherís Day, but need to up it over the next few weeks. 7 more weigh ins til Florida.

Been chucking it down all day here and snow is expected. Joy .

• Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 16th Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    • 5,847 Posts
    • 38,633 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Weather has been glorious today here and quite warm - weird how it differs for such a small country. Fingers crossed the weekend weather isn't too bad, but it will be short lived thankfully.

Well done on the half pound - overheard at the WW scales recently when someone lost half a pound - "you should've had a wee first"
    Debt £2400
    June 4 NSDs 4 AFDs
    Weight loss 0.5/6LBS
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Mar 18, 8:04 PM
    • 55,063 Posts
    • 219,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    1/2 a pound is ok.
    Hardly any losses in our group this week.

***Keep plodding***
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 17th Mar 18, 9:33 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 51,800 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Weight losses vs weight gains were similar in our class too Beanie. SA, I do the weighing in at class, and Iíve seen some sights. People have even taken their bra off to get weighed .

Horrible snow/hail/wind here all day today. Got the heating and the fire on and still cold.Took Oakley out at tea time and still canít feel my ears .

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Mar 18, 9:43 PM
    • 55,063 Posts
    • 219,989 Thanks
    beanielou
    Weight losses vs weight gains were similar in our class too Beanie. SA, I do the weighing in at class, and Iíve seen some sights. People have even taken their bra off to get weighed .

Horrible snow/hail/wind here all day today. Got the heating and the fire on and still cold.Took Oakley out at tea time and still canít feel my ears .
    Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky
    Taken there bra off
    Someone at ours took their skirt off recently

***Keep plodding***
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 18th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge

I remember my first experienceof being the weigh lady and I had a lady strip to her bra and pants it wasn't like she was close to target and need the extra 1-2lbs that clothes are she just "felt like it!"
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 18th Mar 18, 2:47 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 51,800 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    OMG I would never dare!! Imagine stripping downn in a room full of people . By taking her bra off I mean she did it in the bathroom and came out with just a vest top on, but that was bad enough. It wasnít a pretty sight .

Weather is rough here today. We have snow, though not as much as a couple of weeks ago, but the main problem is that itís being whipped around by the wind and it hurts . Itís well below freezing too. We are staying home today apart from dog walks and it will be a NSD.

Made onion bhajis at lunch time using the recipe from http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-onion-bhajis/ . Absolutely delicious. Got roast beef in the slow cooker for tea.

• Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 18th Mar 18, 2:51 PM
    • 5,847 Posts
    • 38,633 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    I know people who wear exactly the same thin clothes every week whatever the weather! It's mad isn't it - I can understand people not wanting to get weighed in heavy clothes but you can go too far.

The weather is horrendous here too, I think we've had more snow than last time here.
    Debt £2400
    June 4 NSDs 4 AFDs
    Weight loss 0.5/6LBS
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 18th Mar 18, 2:53 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    OMG I would never dare!! Imagine stripping downn in a room full of people . By taking her bra off I mean she did it in the bathroom and came out with just a vest top on, but that was bad enough. It wasnít a pretty sight .

Weather is rough here today. We have snow, though not as much as a couple of weeks ago, but the main problem is that itís being whipped around by the wind and it hurts . Itís well below freezing too. We are staying home today apart from dog walks and it will be a NSD.

Made onion bhajis at lunch time using the recipe from http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-onion-bhajis/ . Absolutely delicious. Got roast beef in the slow cooker for tea.
    I've made those before and they are delicious.... the little hinges object to me making them often as they do give me awful wind have you tried the samosa using the ww wraps?

I daren't take my bra of in public I'd be tripping over the girls
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 18th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 51,800 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    I know people who wear exactly the same thin clothes every week whatever the weather! It's mad isn't it - I can understand people not wanting to get weighed in heavy clothes but you can go too far.

The weather is horrendous here too, I think we've had more snow than last time here.
    Originally posted by Sun Addict
    I wear the same trousers and vest top every week, but whereas in the summer I just add sandals, in the winter I have a big jumper, boots, scarf .

I've made those before and they are delicious.... the little hinges object to me making them often as they do give me awful wind have you tried the samosa using the ww wraps?

I daren't take my bra of in public I'd be tripping over the girls
    Originally posted by mary hinge
    Oh great, find out about the flatulence risk after the event . I havenít seen the wrap samosas but will look into that. Iíve made calzone pizzas and sausage rolls with the wraps, both of which are lovely.

Lol at tripping over the girls . Thatís what I was trying to say before but couldnít think of the right way to phrase it Xx

• WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 18th Mar 18, 3:29 PM
    • 1,624 Posts
    • 14,180 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Sorry I didn't come back and only just caught up again.. I didn't want to come across as being a moany post either I just wanted to give the opinion that while alot of times it is for the attention etc that sometimes it isn't and I think as a teen it's even harder to understand why you feel like you do.

I hope DS is okay and you are too.

x
    ďOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.Ē
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 18th Mar 18, 4:01 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 51,800 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Sorry I didn't come back and only just caught up again.. I didn't want to come across as being a moany post either I just wanted to give the opinion that while alot of times it is for the attention etc that sometimes it isn't and I think as a teen it's even harder to understand why you feel like you do.

I hope DS is okay and you are too.

x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    I totally get where you are coming from, and thanks again Xx

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

44Posts Today

3,103Users online

Martin's Twitter