Anxiety and Debt Free Wannabe

Comments

• Hi,Woodster,
    I am sorry for your loss.

It sounds like you have had alot going on.I hope now that you have the second job,and are back at your "main" job (minus awful boss :)),things start settling down for you.
    Do you really think you need a third job?That sounds very stressful.And with the tax on second/third jobs,is it worth it for the stress?
    I have subscribed,and look forward to cheering you along your debt-free journey :T:T.
    Thank you Saver-upper.
    Sorry for the delayed response. I been so busy with my mum I forgot about the pile of ironing that needed doing yesterday Then make tea. Never ends.

You are right two jobs will be enough. Totals to minimum of 36 hrs per week. Get paid on Friday then the second job the following Friday. Think my main job will mess up my wages again this month. It hasn't been right for a couple of months now. I won't work until I see the advance request form filled out and scanned over to payroll. Sick of them taking the p155!
    16/10/2016 £9176.11 paid off 13/01/2017

£1.50/300

2017 - £25 PayPal - SB 2016 - £75 Paypal - SB
  • Hi, sorry to hear your troubles, these things tend to all happen at once dont they?

Like you I have suffered on and off with anxiety for years, I manage it myself now and its not easy but I know when its starting to flare up and can sort of keep a lid on it.

Our debts are quite scary, although we can afford to overpay and are steadily chipping away at them - and I am working 2 part time jobs to try and pay off as much as I can. I sometimes think doing 2 part time jobs is harder than 1 full time one though, although there are benefits.

Just take care of yourself. I have been ill just lately trying to be superwoman which doesnt do anyone any favours!

Will follow your story.

Thanks YORKSHIRELASS. Sometimes keeping a lid on it doesn't help you either.

I bumped into one of my old supervisors, this morning who has also suffered from Anxiety on and off. Whenever either of us were feeling stressed/anxious we'd just have a chat and get everything off our chest. Well he's become self employed and the difference in him is amazing. I've never seen his smile as big as he smiled today. :D

Hoping I won't find working two jobs too hard. Main job is from 8 -2 or 8 til 12 for 4 days during the week. Then 2nd job 4 hrs from late afternoon/evenings from Wed - Sat. I'll let you know Sat evening how I'm feeling.

I hope you're feeling better soon. Some things can wait and be left to be done another day. X

£1.50/300

• OMG why does everything happen at once?

My Nana cremation is this Friday. Due to my second job I will only be able to go to the service. Think it's too late now to re arrange my shift.

The pooch is doing well. The steroids have brought down the swelling of her lymph nodes. Vet very happy, the pooch doesn't look in any discomfort. So we may get a few more months out of her. We did ask about chemo but we would have to take her to a vets centre about an hour away for an injection once a week for 8 weeks. Pooch doesn't do travelling well and would really stress her out. Cost would be 3k for the treatment plus it'll probably return within a couple of months. So we'll keep her on the steroids and see how she goes. She's a little toughie.

Then on my way home from work sat evening my cars engine light started flashing and sounded like a bag of scanners. So I've had to take a day off (or swop my day and work Thursday instead). Car in garage now and hoping mechanic will be able to fix it today, but won't hold my breath, otherwise I'll have to get a taxi tomorrow to work. Living in the sticks the transport links aren't very good and I really don't fancy driving OH pride and joy.

As suspected I was underpaid on Friday. Pointed this out quite calmly and a chaps payment was arranged the same day with lots of apologies from the manager who is leaving. The temporary manager was shocked that I hadn't been paid correctly and said I took it well.

Enjoying 2nd job. Still bits I don't understand. But nice to interact with the customers and have a little giggle. Though some customers can be miserable so and so's.

That's me up to now. Need to sort out my finances for this month.

£1.50/300

• Car fixed - took until last night for the mechanic to sort it out properly and gave me a bill of £143ish. Paid it. Car seems ok. Just need to look at my finances which I haven't had chance yet to look at yet. Maybe tomorrow but probably next week now. I'll put it in my signature next week of what is owed.

Just done a 6hr shift in my main job as I didn't work Monday. Need to do another 4 hrs this evening for my second job. I'm shattered. Hoping for a bit of a lie in in the morning before the funeral. Just pottering around the house now now doing a bit of housework before I go to work. It's all go!

£1.50/300

• The service for my Nana's cremation was emotional. When the vicar was talking about my Nana and her life, memories returned that I had forgotten. Took me a couple of days to get over the service.

Poochy is ok. Still going strong. Though she can't navigate the steps between the utility and kitchen so we have to pick her up.

Working normal hrs this week. With Christmas coming up very quickly both jobs are very busy. I've been told that I'll get to know if my second job becomes permanent on the 10th. I hope so I love it. Be gutted if i don't get to stay on.

I've looked at my debts and I'm very shocked at how much it is. Very shocked.

Joint account - 1924.00
    Credit Card 1 - £60.98 this will be paid first
    Credit Card 2 - 1412.11 0%
    Parents - £2000 I owe for deposit for the mortgage about 8 yrs ago.
    Hubby - £2500 again he paid my credit card debts 8 yrs ago before we bought the house together. I have paid a large amount back but this is still owing.

Total £7897.09

Don't know where to start!

£1.50/300

• It's hard to imagine now but when I first sat down and totalled up my debt it equalled just over £10k. I was truly gobsmacked. I had no idea I'd wracked up so much debt and I had no idea where to start paying it back. I think the best thing to do is to have a system. I portioned the money out and tried to plan so I paid off a debt every couple of months so I felt like I was getting somewhere. I worked out the difference between paying the highest interest off v laying the smaller ones off and there was very little difference. It feels like a mountain now but once you get a system going you will be fine.

I also suffer from anxiety and have had highs and lows. Some months I've buried the problem and wanted to hide from paying everything. I've got there eventually but it does take time xxxx
    Pay off Debts by Christmas 2015 = DEBT FREE! :)
  • Feeling low today. A customer told me I had proved her right and my manager wrong. Didn't know what she was on about - still don't. But worried and anxious now. I need this job.

I've decided to try and give up smoking again. I did STOPTOBER but kept failing. So will try again. Give me extra £25 per week put towards the debts. I could do with one now tho.

£1.50/300

• The worst thing that could happen - has happened. Came home from work to find the pooch not able to move. To cut a long story short, long chats with a couple of vets for their opinions and a lot of crying our beloved pooch was put to sleep.

These last few weeks have been utter hell with a lot of lows. I'll need a few days to pick myself off the floor again dust myself down again and hopefully carry on.

£1.50/300

• I've added more debt to my credit card.
    My nectar card wouldn't let me pay for my shopping with the points I had collected so I had to put this on my credit card. I've asked Nectar to re activate card now.
    Plus the pooch's ashes were ready to collect so I thought I would collect and pay the bill so my hubby wouldn't have to go through the heartache again. The bill was more than what I had in my account. So another £153.00 in total has been added to my debt. Hubby may give me money for the vets bill but I'll let him bring this up first.

I've paid £14.00 towards the debt. Sarcastic whoopee! Must leave credit card at home.

Roll on pay day next Friday.

£1.50/300

• Where has this week gone!?

Hopefully today I will find out if my second job becomes permanent. Each week I ask and each week I get fobbed off. It would really really help my finances massively as I could use the money to pay off my debts much quicker.

Christmas presents to wrap. Hope hubby left me enough wrapping paper!

I'll check my account later see if I can pay some more debt off seen as I get paid from main job tomorrow.

£1.50/300

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills