Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    • By COOLTRIKERCHICK 4th Oct 14, 10:37 AM
    • 10,420Posts
    • 58,340Thanks
    COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Daydream fund challenge part 4
    • 4th Oct 14, 10:37 AM
    Daydream fund challenge part 4 4th Oct 14 at 10:37 AM
    back in march 2009. this thread started, as I had daydreamed of having a smallholding for far too many years than I can remember.. since then, we are now on our 4th new thread.. and have a nice bunch of mse'rs who are at various stages of their dream... even if you ream is to have a plot of land, or a house with a nice garden.. join in, all are welcome..

here are the links to the other 3 threads
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1544047&highlight=daydream
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3812953&highlight=daydream

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4651793&highlight=daydream
    Last edited by COOLTRIKERCHICK; 04-10-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Work to live= not live to work
Page 433
    • alfie 1
    • By alfie 1 2nd Mar 18, 6:00 PM
    • 5,647 Posts
    • 45,708 Thanks
    alfie 1
    hiya all

well the heavens opened Thursday morning and hasn't stopped snowing. the harsh winds seem to be at night so at least easier to battle the fields during the day...
    had NO internet since yesterday morning , just come back on..
    had a big round of hay delivered Thursday morning just in the nick of time for truck to get across the field !! the horses have been tucking in ever since ...
    tilly and Kingston are doing great ... considering that foal has experienced rain,mud,freezing wind and now snow ! she has been amazing, she sure is a tough cookie [even tucking into her mums feed !!]
    breaking the ice on troughs 3 times a day !
    my wild bird feed station is like a m25 service station ! getting through 20 fat balls, 2 rings of nuts and 2 big seed feeders per day ! plus what I chuck on the floor for the ground feeders..

went into my "junk" shed this morning [have to leave the door ajar because it was a pool boiler room and still has a flu that birds sometimes fall down !] and had forty fits when I spotted a big pair of eyes staring at me from amongst a pile of blankets... it was one of the feral cats, obviously found it a lot cosier in there , probably both in there but I retreated and left them to it ...

the roads around here are skating rinks ! lethal ... looks like a light dusting of snow but compacted ice under it ...
    in the garden we have drifts up to 2 ft in places ....
    im going no where ...

keep safe y'all
    anyone heard from choille ? hope they are not under too much pressure with this weather !
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 2nd Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 8,008 Posts
    • 34,254 Thanks
    lucielle
    We managed to break out today! Think I've gone agoraphobic. Got some supplies for us and the neighbours, so all's well.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!! 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 2nd Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    • 24,404 Posts
    • 96,653 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    And I'm back in the room...apologies for the following stream of consciousness...

Week to the West went well. If you discount the 4th variety of flu that I picked up just before we left to catch the first train. Two days spent in a hotel room, wobbling out for a caramel coconut latte and wobbling back across the road to the pub we were staying in. All very Olde Worlde, complete with suit of armour by reception, but I was less impressed by the trek up spiral stairs with no handrail to get to the room and nearly ended up doing it on my hands and knees for fear of going A over T with dizziness.

Deposited over in Plymouth to find Himself's father insisting we had dinner with him at a place of his choosing, as always. Which made for a Valentine's I wasn't particularly overwhelmed by. Couldn't get to MIL's quick enough when he then arranged for us to have lunch with him and his sister and then dinner the following day and night...we left early because I couldn't handle the idea of hanging around another two hours for the next bus (no joke - a bus at 9pm and then the next - last - at 11pm. Just, why?).

Bliss to walk over the bridge, up the hill to the cottage to the sound of the Leat.

Rest of week spent comfortably there/Tavy in the sunshine (other than the movable accent coming back just in time for a still wobbly wail up a steep hill asking Himself 'Where we going to now?') until a trip to see Grandma in Torquay.

After the earlier assumptions and insistence from FIL, I really wasn't in the mood to kill Grandma off with the remains of my flu, particularly because she's about 300 years old, has dementia (so in all honesty, would be at risk of being put on a pathway if she ended up in hospital), so agreed to come along on condition that I went off and did my own thing whilst they saw her.

So I did.

I went to the oldest pub in Torquay, tucked up behind the harbour, and had a nice and peaceful time with some proper sloe gin and a book.

Himself decided to see if there were any hotels with spare rooms, so we ended up having a lovely meal in the sort of restaurant FIL would be horrified at largely because he couldn't lord it about in there because he doesn't know the owner spending the night in a nice room with a proper sea view and then decamped to Paignton the following morning.

For the first time all week, it was absolutely blissful - in the sunshine, picking up shells, slinging scallops with no common sense back into the water and sitting down for a good rest, explaining to Himself what the different dog breeds were, their broad characteristics and the meanings of the sort of body language they were displaying. Including 'that one there - yeah, that one. We're going to be investigated for biscuits in the backpack any moment now'. He hasn't changed his mind about the principle of eventually getting a Beagle now he's seen them as adults. And my face is covered in freckles (well, about five hundred more than it was already) just from those two days.

Two weeks back at work enduring the Offspring of the Parish. And lots of swearing at 7am because we've been open all this week - even though we've then done next to beggar all and then closed at lunchtime so the OotP could get home safely.

Didn't have success with the job application. Because they were determined to have somebody prior to University, rather than somebody who has actually done the job for years. Still waiting in hope of the village primary.

I'm apparently Teflon coated at work now, as the entire faculty has handed in their notices... so I will have another nice chat with the big boss about ways to get qualifications and experience that would be most transferable. This teflonicity also meant that I was supported in my debate with a colleague about his intended purchase of a Husky/Labrador Puppy to accompany him to his job in the sticks next Academic year. Well, that and the little fact the I was right

By debate, I mean 'what on earth were they thinking of to combine an animal with possibly the strongest prey drive of anything that isn't a wolf or an African Hunting Dog with something that is a stomach on legs? Something that is responsible for a huge proportion of livestock worrying with a desire to Eat Everything? And you want this for your first dog? In the countryside? When you will be at work all day?'. I'm a good, responsible animal owner IMO - and even if I were super fit, I wouldn't dream of having such a potentially monstrous combination, even before I spent out a fortune on a posh vacuum cleaner to deal with So Much Fluff. It's insane. And I was backed up when others came into the office and heard the tail end of my nicely toned but deadly serious diatribe. [huffs and adjusts bosom like Les Dawson at the garden fence]

After yesterday's half snow day (where I was possibly the warmest person on the playground during the day), I spent a couple of hours ostensibly cleaning the kitchen, but in reality opening the back door for the cat to scowl at the three and a half foot of snow that comes up to the door, closing it and repeating every ten minutes. I then realised my Rainbow Chard might finally have died off. Which is a shame. So I shrugged my shoulders and hurled out handfuls of seed, dried fruit and suet for the ground feeders (no point with birdtable food, as that's commandeered by wood pigeons, who are doing fine from the garden next door, but they have a little dog that dislikes Wrens, Robins and Blackbirds/Fieldfares/Redwings - and my Pyracantha was stripped of berries by an industrious Thrush couple ten days ago.

But I've got a bunch of seedpackets, will probably venture out once this snow and freezing rain finally stops to get a few more packets, stick my order in for compost ready for when they can get it off the farm (trying to do my bit, as I expect they'll be a little short of cash what with paying for extra feed and heat for lambing) and get planting up my big bag of toilet roll inners.

Hope all lambing, calving, kidding and other births that haven't happened yet go wonderfully. Kingston looks adorable, but Beelzebub looks to be more my kind of animal.

When do we get to see the first chicks hatch, though? Somebody must be planning chicks!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 3rd Mar 18, 7:45 AM
    • 25,313 Posts
    • 93,077 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Jo-jo, we had some good weather down yer a few weeks back, didn't we? Never suspected there'd be a sting in the tail......

Still, it's all but over in 2 days for us lucky folks. Everything's melting here today, which is quite a contrast from yesterdays freezing rain that coated everything in 5mm of ice.Never seen that before....ever.

Nothing moved here yesterday, besides a few tractors and Land Rovers, as there's a 1:5 hill, down and then up again, to get here from the town.

I went out in the wind to take a few photos and snapped this one of our posh neighbour to the west. They have spent/are spending a minor fortune on the place:

It was only when I got home and downloaded that I noticed the head of someone poking above the ridge of their luxury barn apple and machinery store. Not a great time to be working on a roof!

But then I thought "Hang on, that place has an upstairs. So now I'm wondering what's so important in there that it needed remedial action in the teeth of a gale? Roof is virtually new. Suspicious git that I am, I'd imagine apples would be OK with a bit of snow, just as everything in our barn will be OK with the blown snow that's come in at the ridge and eaves.

Hmmmm....I see they have a toilet etc in there ...

EDIT: No chicks here for us Jo-jo. Four OAPs left... and then we have to re-do the whole chicken run and start again.
    Last edited by Davesnave; 03-03-2018 at 8:09 AM.
    If you are finding huge gaps between your paragraphs and use Firefox, MSE know about the problem. However, they aren't necessarily doing anything about it yet....
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5844460
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 3rd Mar 18, 11:54 AM
    • 24,404 Posts
    • 96,653 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Jo-jo, we had some good weather down yer a few weeks back, didn't we? Never suspected there'd be a sting in the tail......

Still, it's all but over in 2 days for us lucky folks. Everything's melting here today, which is quite a contrast from yesterdays freezing rain that coated everything in 5mm of ice.Never seen that before....ever.

Nothing moved here yesterday, besides a few tractors and Land Rovers, as there's a 1:5 hill, down and then up again, to get here from the town.

I went out in the wind to take a few photos and snapped this one of our posh neighbour to the west. They have spent/are spending a minor fortune on the place:

It was only when I got home and downloaded that I noticed the head of someone poking above the ridge of their luxury barn apple and machinery store. Not a great time to be working on a roof!

But then I thought "Hang on, that place has an upstairs. So now I'm wondering what's so important in there that it needed remedial action in the teeth of a gale? Roof is virtually new. Suspicious git that I am, I'd imagine apples would be OK with a bit of snow, just as everything in our barn will be OK with the blown snow that's come in at the ridge and eaves.

Hmmmm....I see they have a toilet etc in there ...

EDIT: No chicks here for us Jo-jo. Four OAPs left... and then we have to re-do the whole chicken run and start again.
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    Interesting how there's no snow on that fancy roof, Dave. Almost as though it was extremely warm but not very well insulated - which would be weird for something that had been sneakily converted into expensive living quarters or an office with expensive computers. Same way I'd probably leave well alone if a few tiles came off my roof because it would only affect the cr*p in the loft, stick a bit of cardboard up, leave a bucket underneath and wait for the weather to calm down before getting somebody in (as they don't tend to like endangering their necks by working in gales, either).

The snow in the garden has shrunk. It's now only about a foot deep, despite more snow overnight, and comes up to the bottom step. Cats are still refusing to do anything but look at it.

But I've finally worked out that gritting my teeth and keeping the heating on overnight at a low makes everything work better; the hot water worked immediately it was turned on without its usual problems - it's temperamental at the best of times. This might save me a few mornings of having to wash my hair in cold water - as I'm one of those people who is content to wash my hair in stuff designed for horses, it looks no different to when done in hot, but it's not the most pleasant experience. And actually being able to have a shower in the morning would be a pleasant change.

The OH, having heard my extensive b1tching discontent at school being open every morning this week, made the 'helpful' comment that 'We're guaranteed a Snow Day tomorrow'. Which apparently means that he stays in bed whilst I get up. Pretty much like every other morning. Especially as we appear to have run out of washing powder, so I'm probably going to have to go to the supermarket to get some. Just as the rest of the world decides to stick their heads out of their front doors as well. Bah.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

• Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 4th Mar 18, 9:05 PM
    • 25,313 Posts
    • 93,077 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Interesting how there's no snow on that fancy roof, Dave. Almost as though it was extremely warm but not very well insulated - which would be weird for something that had been sneakily converted into expensive living quarters or an office with expensive computers. Same way I'd probably leave well alone if a few tiles came off my roof because it would only affect the cr*p in the loft, stick a bit of cardboard up, leave a bucket underneath and wait for the weather to calm down before getting somebody in (as they don't tend to like endangering their necks by working in gales, either).
    Originally posted by Jojo the Tightfisted
    There was no snow on any exposed roof here; the snow was so fine and dry that it just blew away. Hence we had just a few cm in some places and 0.5m in others.

That picture doesn't convey any of that. It was blowing a gale, yet the scene looks peaceful and serene. I struggled not to fall over at one point and the next picture was blurred by me not staying still enough.

But although the roofing in a force 8 is very odd, I don't think the neighbours are up to anything very naughty, or even growing cannabis.

Snow's all gone now. Yesterday, before it vanished, I spotted a snipe that had been digging in the mud at the side of the stream. Easy to see against the snow and a first for us here.

Hope choille is OK. It's been a few weeks.
    If you are finding huge gaps between your paragraphs and use Firefox, MSE know about the problem. However, they aren't necessarily doing anything about it yet....
    • alfie 1
    • By alfie 1 6th Mar 18, 7:58 PM
    • 5,647 Posts
    • 45,708 Thanks
    alfie 1
    can ...and if so how , one put a video on here ??
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 6th Mar 18, 11:26 PM
    • 25,313 Posts
    • 93,077 Thanks
    Davesnave
    can ...and if so how , one put a video on here ??
    Originally posted by alfie 1
    I think it can only be done as you've done before, by uploading it to a host like You Tube and then posting a link.

Back to rehearsals tonight, but some people still have the flu.

What a difference a few days make; shirtsleeves again today in the yard!
    • choille
    • By choille 7th Mar 18, 5:44 AM
    • 5,396 Posts
    • 27,883 Thanks
    choille
    Devil goats and hedge building & more that I skipped over - sorry.

Stuck for a week day after neighbour's funeral - it was lucky we could get over for it.

It's been 'interesting' weather wise.

Just trying to help neighbour's wife who is coping but is missing him dreadfully so I spend time each day with her.

WE have a family of wild goats on the croft - unusual to see a family group. I have puppy face on a short leash as he wants to herd them and the kid is only weeny - they are sheltering and surviving by wreaking the garden - if that is what you call it. A dilemma.

Puppy is needing a better run than he got this past while and it is quite difficult at the moment. To cut a long story short he broke out on his run on the beach and got hit by a car today - he seems alright but the woman wouldn't stop - I know her and she just wouldn't stop even though we flagged her down and OH had the hazard warning lights flashing.
    She stopped after she'd done it and was quite nasty but then realised that I know her and and and................it's been a bad day all in all.
    Last edited by choille; 07-03-2018 at 5:47 AM.
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 7th Mar 18, 3:56 PM
    • 8,008 Posts
    • 34,254 Thanks
    lucielle
    Aww Choille I hope puppy face is ok. Must've been a shock for both of you.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!! 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
    • alfie 1
    • By alfie 1 7th Mar 18, 5:46 PM
    • 5,647 Posts
    • 45,708 Thanks
    alfie 1
    hi all
    well I had a long chat with choille today and a good "moan" about life

pup pup seems ok today
    she has been doing a stella job supporting a local elderly neighbour [89] who has just lost her hubby sadly.

like me , she got fed up of being a goafer at these here holiday lets and I AM !!
    ive decided that it seems my every waking hour is running round doing stuff for others and at my age I need some "time out" now.
    I am exhausted at the moment , what with my regular work and the animogs , that is enough ive decided. when my son was little I had 5 different jobs but then it was needs must and now its MY needs must
    so Friday is D Day when I tell the owner of the 2 holiday lets..
    farrier came today and trimmed 3 , foal was most curios ! she is a very confident little madam ... have to get that head collar on her and start as I mean to go on.... unlike ruby who is a brat !

more furniture I sold being collected tomorrow.
    sister and OH arriving Friday from IOW for long weekend so I will fetch them from ferry . they are staying in a cottage my friend has that's used for thier guests [that they don't want in THIER house ]
    going to dorset on Saturday to drop off some dog cages for a friend
    sunday is family meal in local hostiliary and im the taxi !
    Monday is.... noooooothing ....so far !!

keep safe and warm peeps
    • choille
    • By choille 7th Mar 18, 10:37 PM
    • 5,396 Posts
    • 27,883 Thanks
    choille
    Thanks Lucielle - He is okay which is remarkable apart from a sore toe on the back but it was very shocking and I feel a complete failure as owner.

Toady we had a good time playing with a collie he knows vaguely and that helped a lot just down a safer beach away from the dead deer that was strung on the fence that drove him across the road.

Hope everything is thawed down by you & that the job situation is going your way. I think you may have had it bad weather wise too. We are due another plout of snow at the end of the week so glad we got the food & feed in. It was like spring today.

Alfie it was great doing a good old moan thank you so much. I am sorry my language is bad at the moment - lack of sleep and just being a bad ole cow really.

I do hope that you do give the holiday let a swerve as it sounds really like you are being taken a loan of and sometimes it's not worth it eh? You have so much on I don't know how you do it. I certainly couldn't anymore as I am too intolerant and would rather pick whelks if I needed to than be paid buttons for scrubbing out a holidoid let that was manky. been there, got the Tee shirt and stuff that for a game of sodjers.

It was a gorgeous day here but I think it's up and down like a ferret down a rabbit hole at the mo.

The bay is acting funny with glitches tonight - never mind it will all come right eventually.
    • alfie 1
    • By alfie 1 8th Mar 18, 6:08 PM
    • 5,647 Posts
    • 45,708 Thanks
    alfie 1
    "Alfie it was great doing a good old moan thank you so much. I am sorry my language is bad at the moment - lack of sleep and just being a bad ole cow really."

the best swear words are poetic when said with a scots lilt ....
    • choille
    • By choille 8th Mar 18, 6:15 PM
    • 5,396 Posts
    • 27,883 Thanks
    choille
    Well, that is refreshing to know.

Took pup face down for a walk on beach on a very long line - I'm paranoid he does the run off thing. He met a lovely collie called Beauty who certainly is and they played tangling me and her owner up in long line.

The sky looks most ominous and heavy now after such a lovely day. Wonder if we will have snow again.

Beauty's owner got caught out for a week stuck over on the East unable to get home until today.

I have a pair of chicken's booked into the rare breed sale on saturday - let's hope we can get over as the cockerel is a thug and needs away from my Orpington as he just attacks him and me and anything really.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 8th Mar 18, 7:14 PM
    • 25,313 Posts
    • 93,077 Thanks
    Davesnave
    I've been reading, but not posting, due to cream-crackeredness in the evenings. Good to know choille is OK and pup-pup not much worse for his accident too.

We haven't been doing anything exciting, but now DW is fully mobile, we've done better on the hedging in a shorter time this year. The flu and the weather really messed us up. Just as well we are making progress, as the section we're doing needs finishing PDQ. Buds are already breaking on the blackthorn.

Asked the village oracle about our mystery neighbours and received a cryptic reply about business in the Far East (or it could be Russia....definitely beyond Witheridge anyway!) and generally secretive behaviour. In other words no one knows anything, which is amazing in this place!

Another friend described with glee how she had planted a geocache just off the footpath beside their property, "mainly just to pi$$ them off!" They've tampered with the public footpath, re-routing it slightly, which I thought was only possible if one is Madonna.

Anyway, I'll take a walk that way, some time.

In other news, Pete asked me if I wanted to pay him £hundreds for another year of his fishing, which was his way of saying "I've had an offer from someone else." The someone is a friend of the guy I share with, who visited only twice last year, making his fish even more expensive than mine.

Anyway I'm trying to do a deal. Pete has a friend with a riverside field near here and no idea who owns the fishing on it. I have offered a 'sensible' sum of money to fish there until the riparian owner shouts "Oi!" If I get permission, I'll relinquish Pete's stretch of water. High risk strategy, but I can't justify 10" fish that cost over £100 each!!!
    • choille
    • By choille 8th Mar 18, 9:29 PM
    • 5,396 Posts
    • 27,883 Thanks
    choille
    Hi dave glad that you are feeling better. Evenone has been floored by the flu bug which landed a few people we know in hospital. Not good. We haven't had it which is amazing other than just other stuff that's floored us too. Good that DW is more mobile and that you have her working like a donkey - only kidding.

Sounds like there is some 'interesting' people moving in in your neck of the woods. The fishing rights is a thing that is a shame if it gets too expensive. I can fish at the bottom of the croft but haven't ever - but I should as I love fish. I can also put out creels - 4 I think for lobsters or crabs - which I should really. I do pick the mussles now and again and they are fine to eat. i should do that more than I do too.
    • alfie 1
    • By alfie 1 11th Mar 18, 7:57 PM
    • 5,647 Posts
    • 45,708 Thanks
    alfie 1
    Happy mom's day to any mom's wether mom to a child or an animog cos animogs need mom's too

had a lovely carvery lunch with mum, sis, sis's oh,and son. finished by stuffing my face with a sticky toffee pud with custard [ A BIG ONE] for afters and of course felt ill after .... but hey ho

been a bit wild wet and windy here today and not looking any better for the start of the week

not a lot else to report really....

oh, dave , my cousin was down in chagford? edge of Dartmoor visiting a friend of hers [alan lee, lord of the rings] this weekend and said it was COLD there... and raining !
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 11th Mar 18, 9:36 PM
    • 24,404 Posts
    • 96,653 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Happy mom's day to any mom's wether mom to a child or an animog cos animogs need mom's too

had a lovely carvery lunch with mum, sis, sis's oh,and son. finished by stuffing my face with a sticky toffee pud with custard [ A BIG ONE] for afters and of course felt ill after .... but hey ho

been a bit wild wet and windy here today and not looking any better for the start of the week

not a lot else to report really....

oh, dave , my cousin was down in chagford? edge of Dartmoor visiting a friend of hers [alan lee, lord of the rings] this weekend and said it was COLD there... and raining !
    According to Himself it's always raining on Dartmoor. And if it isn't, it will be soon.

• Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 12th Mar 18, 8:30 AM
    • 25,313 Posts
    • 93,077 Thanks
    Davesnave
    As it happened, I was within a gnat's nadgers of Chagford on Saturday morning, negotiating the notorious A382 to reach the mysteriously busy southern part of our county. I can confirm it was definitely peeing-down then, but the road wasn't flooded, like it sometimes is.

We were en-route to buy an oak corner unit DW found while engaging in her new hobby of scouring Gumtree. It cost us £60, and as they're still being sold for £590 in a local furniture emporium, even I had to admit it was a bargain. The couple in Torquay who had it seemed to be somewhat OCD; there wasn't a thing out of place anywhere in their house or garden, not even a stray leaf!

"We're decluttering," the lady explained. I looked around at the bare walls and surfaces and I could see exactly why a corner unit wouldn't fit in.

Yesterday we spent Mothering Sunday in Bristol with DD2, but somehow managed to pick up two sofas as well ........
    • choille
    • By choille 12th Mar 18, 10:38 AM
    • 5,396 Posts
    • 27,883 Thanks
    choille
    It's cold here but dryish although it looks ominous and the clouds are dropping covering the tops in heavy white snow? clouds. We've been getting wild goats coming in along the shore they can get up the croft. They have a little kid which is ever so cute but they eat everything that is not a weed - if it was the other way about I wouldn't mind so much.

Puppy wants to herd them but I am scared to let him off as he would probably end up a mile away and I am scared that he will get into 'bother' being a delinquent with 'form'.

Dave - Gumtree is highly addictive hence why I can't move in here because of all those bargains that we've brought back from all over the Highlands - which seemed like a good idea at the time.

I think we are the opposite of the corner cabinet lady. I'm like one of those horders that they end up getting in social services to unearth from a mound of used newspapers and empty ice cream containers - taken away muttering, 'It'll come in handy......'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,230Posts Today

6,236Users online

Martin's Twitter