IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS PCN - Help Needed

Comments

• Could I also ask for clarification on what they classify as a roadway as the car wasn't stopped on a road?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    AB_Express wrote: »
    Could I also ask for clarification on what they classify as a roadway as the car wasn't stopped on a road?

I don't think anyone here can clarify what they classify as a roadway. You need to remember that this is a totally unregulated industry and they make the rules up to suit themselves. If they decided your roof was a roadway, they'd issue you a ticket if you stopped on it.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    AB_Express wrote: »
    I have received another letter from BW Legal. They have quoted an incorrect registration, number instead of a letter. They are also quoting the Elliot v Loake [1982] case. Can I go with something like the below to continue the letter tennis.

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your letter dated the 25th August 2016.

I would like to bring it to your attention that I have never been the registered keeper of a vehicle with the registration 1234567.

Kind regards

Squiggle.

I need to get a response in the post tomorrow (Sunday) as I am going on holiday on Monday and may not have access to email.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, anything to continue the email tennis, that doesn't tell them anything useful. Enjoy your holiday!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 28 August 2016 at 9:03AM
    I would pull their chain a little bit harder..

You have referenced E V L. Do I take it that you will be presenting the court with forensic evidence in the form of blue paint specks? If so would you kindly send me a sample of them for my own forensic scientist to examine.

Let them know that you are on to their scam.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I would pull their chain a little bit harder..

You have referenced E V L. Do I take it that you will be presenting the court with forensic evidence in the form of blue paint specks? If so would you kindly send me a sample of them for my own forensic scientist to examine.

Let them know that you are on to their scam.
    Or better still, "please be advise that my car is not Blue".
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Keep the ball in play, it costs them money.

Dear sirs, I note that you will not be corresponding with me further.

Be sure that, if this gets in front of a judge, your refusal to try to resolve this matter without going to court will be brought to his or her attention, and should I win , I shall be seeking costs under CPR27.14(2)(g), unreasonable behaviour.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Got back from my holiday today to find County Court Claim papers.

Will read through the stickies again and get my defence ready.

The original PCN was for £60, however in the particulars of claim they say it is £100.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Was the PCN originally £100 reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days?
  • bod1467 wrote: »
    Was the PCN originally £100 reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days?

Yes, you are correct.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I agree with bod above

the original pcn would have been £100 reduced to £60 for early payment

you are focussing on the wrong things here

as its a VCS no stopping case, its like the liverpool business park sc@m near JLA

have a look at this similar thread about a different one , the advice will be similar or the same

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5503294
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport