Comments Needed: Draft Guide to Claiming Flight Delay Compensation

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    Over 1500 DOWNLOADS !!!
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin

:xmastree:http://db.orangedox.com/GdfSa4xUZdZI5GJadr/Vauban's%20Guide%20to%20Claiming%20Flight%20Delay%20Compensation.pdf:xmastree:
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    bumped....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • stevemej
    stevemej Posts: 135 Forumite
    Vauban wrote: »
    To be a claimant formally, you need to be named in the Claimant box. MCOL doesn't seem to permit multiple claimants, which is why the N1 paper form is necessary (and a separate form for children). If you don't do this, the airline is likely to object. Of course a judge may cut you some slack - the evidence from reports on here is mixed.

I got the form before Christmas and was determined to get it in the post but came across a couple of areas where I was unsure. Could any body please clarify/confirms the following :
    For 6 passengers entitled to a claim using husband of lead passenger as litigant friend this is what goes in each box:

1. claimants name (all 6 passengers names and full addresses)
    2. address of defendant is simply the address we have been receiving correspondence from (ie j2's po box cust service address)
    3.brief summary of claim as per vaubans - should this be written in 3rd tense if lead passengers husband (me) is litigant friend. ie lead passenger and 5 friends were delayed...blah blah?
    4. In Value box - E400 per passenger plus 8% interest (E0.562 per day). The total is £2275 to date based on an exchange rate of 1.28 - should exchange rate be todays or date of travel?
    5.Statement of truth - for the me putting my name down as litigant friend (cross out i believe) 'the claimant believes.... are true. i am duly authorised by the claimant to sign this statement (I have a letter from all claimants) . Then I sign my name and cross out claimant leaving litigant friend.

I know this is a complicated post BUT it will allow all my questions to be answered before I make the final act.

And it will bump the post back to the top.

thanks in advance.
  • stevemej
    stevemej wrote: »
    I got the form before Christmas and was determined to get it in the post but came across a couple of areas where I was unsure. Could any body please clarify/confirms the following :
    For 6 passengers entitled to a claim using husband of lead passenger as litigant friend this is what goes in each box:

1. claimants name (all 6 passengers names and full addresses)
    2. address of defendant is simply the address we have been receiving correspondence from (ie j2's po box cust service address)
    3.brief summary of claim as per vaubans - should this be written in 3rd tense if lead passengers husband (me) is litigant friend. ie lead passenger and 5 friends were delayed...blah blah?
    4. In Value box - E400 per passenger plus 8% interest (E0.562 per day). The total is £2275 to date based on an exchange rate of 1.28 - should exchange rate be todays or date of travel?
    5.Statement of truth - for the me putting my name down as litigant friend (cross out i believe) 'the claimant believes.... are true. i am duly authorised by the claimant to sign this statement (I have a letter from all claimants) . Then I sign my name and cross out claimant leaving litigant friend.

I know this is a complicated post BUT it will allow all my questions to be answered before I make the final act.

And it will bump the post back to the top.

thanks in advance.

Any advice?
  • Vauban
    Forumite
    This shd be on the airline thread - or taking the airlines to court thread.
  • stevemej
    This shd be on the airline thread - or taking the airlines to court thread.

Isnt this post titled : draft guide to claiming compensation? and surely how to fill a N1 form has nothing to do with the jet2 thread?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    bumped to top again
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Vauban
    Forumite

2085 downloads, apparently. Ought to be due for an update, really ...
  • Vauban wrote: »
    2085 downloads, apparently. Ought to be due for an update, really ...

Bumped..........the 2500th download comes with a signed photograph of the guide's author.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure